Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: A simple observation

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Knowing that SoC was worse than SoB for damage output, it was still surprising to see that about 50% of the top DPS scores in Sunwell came from ally pallys. Just shows that the longstanding races have more skillz.

Sadly, I play my blood elf more commonly than my human. Gotta raise the curve for the horde side pallys.
    SoB didn't put out more damage then SoC, it just scaled really well with gear (ie Haste) while SoC didn't. Also with the Recoil + SA system, BE's could go with less INT on their gear and grab Leather or offset Warrior Plate (which was better itemized until Tier 6.5) without any real problems, not to mention they had less of a chance to go /oom.

Mana Tap didn't hurt either.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by amk

3-4 Rogues
    Holy crap. Thats what I dont get. You bring 3-4 rogues and the gear is spread all over the place between them and you end up with 3-4 decently (at best) geared rogues.

Plus rogues are greedy, I know I am. GIMMEH PURPZ

Without trying to start an arguement, I was referring to the SoB package as it was used by Blood Elves. Recoil, SA, yada yada. There was a lot of +haste gear available in Sunwell for Rets and that really hooked up the elves. SoB may not have been higher dps straight across compared to SoC, but the whole package definitely was. A haste-geared Sunwell horde ret pally should have outdps'd any ally side pally merely because of the SoB package as it worked. I was chugging mana pots on cd during some Sunwell fights like Brut if I didn't get the flame and then I was unable to maintain a constant consecrate/exorcism output. Blood elves did not have these issues.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianas
    Holy crap. Thats what I dont get. You bring 3-4 rogues and the gear is spread all over the place between them and you end up with 3-4 decently (at best) geared rogues.

Plus rogues are greedy, I know I am. GIMMEH PURPZ
    Well we aren't the kind of guild who excludes members for a raid because Blizz screwed up their spec, etc.. We ran with the same 4 Rogues through Naxx, eventhough they seriously underperformed while Blizzard tried to figure out what Rogues were supposed to do, from patch to patch. Could we have upped our Raid DPS by dropping 3 Rogues and put in 2 Surv Hunters and another DK DPS? Yeah. But our guild values the 'people' as well.

Now those 4 Rogues are pretty unstoppable, as they ToTT each other to the top of the WWS charts :P

But then, I'm right on their heels, and they have yet to beat me on Kol (DPSing 2 Arms + Body at the same time = H4X!)

If you log on the PTR you'll see where all the bad Ret pallys have gone
    Top of the score board dominated by them with delicious AP gems and lack of a cleanse button

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    If you log on the PTR you'll see where all the bad Ret pallys have gone
    Top of the score board dominated by them with delicious AP gems and lack of a cleanse button
    Wait what?? What scoreboard are you referring to? I rarely ever play on the PTR. The lag that I experienced during the 3.0 beta was too much of a headache.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

RoS with old windfury, mmm.

Also I kinda miss old Lay on Hands. Nothing says "I love you" like burning your entire mana bar with a 1 hour cooldown to save a tank's life.

Quote Originally Posted by shiftynou
    RoS with old windfury, mmm.

Also I kinda miss old Lay on Hands. Nothing says "I love you" like burning your entire mana bar with a 1 hour cooldown to save a tank's life.
    LOL. Gimped as we were, ret was so much better back then. Overcoming bad mechanics and the worst stigma of any class/spec, it made performing well in a raid so much more gratifying.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    LOL. Gimped as we were, ret was so much better back then. Overcoming bad mechanics and the worst stigma of any class/spec, it made performing well in a raid so much more gratifying.
    but 30 second seal.. yark.. and jugement who eat that seal yuk!
    oh wait.. thats the way to fix our spec bring back those!

Martini

Quote Originally Posted by ElitehunterDS
    but 30 second seal.. yark.. and jugement who eat that seal yuk!
    oh wait.. thats the way to fix our spec bring back those!
    No I like my 96969 rotation thank you

SoB may not have been higher dps straight across compared to SoC
    Sealtwisting did the difference. 2.3k DPS @Brutallus before the wotlk lolpatch *shrug*.

15+ Year Old Account

ahh yesh..the good ol' days. judgement not having a gcd

i never gotten torch. didnt drop once for us! although we've gotten alot of sp staffs from illidan, but no glaives or the healing mace. talk about bad luck!

i still see alot of ret pallies
    but only a few are LFGs
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

15+ Year Old Account

i meet the most paladins in BG's. besides that i dont meet any ret paladins on par with my gear lvl

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    i meet the most paladins in BG's. besides that i dont meet any ret paladins on par with my gear lvl
    Yeah I never see ret paladins 1800+

kinda sad

Maybe it's just my battlegroup.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    Yeah I never see ret paladins 1800+

kinda sad

Maybe it's just my battlegroup.
    well if they are like the ret, prot with holy gear and the rogue (all at the same time ) i farmed in the horde mine in alterac
    no wonders.. it was just sad the 5th time

1 tabard to go, warsong or keeper of time :/

there is never a shortage of poorly geared ret, but the well geared and good ones are starting to make a gap.

also, i envy adam for having 2 enhance shaman. i can't get one >_<
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin