Thread: Shadow DPS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21

    Re: Shadow DPS

    I start with [VE] VT, MB, MF (SW now at 5 stacks) DP, SWP. follow this up with MB, MF, MF and this gets you in a nice posistion to start your rotation (wah wah there is no rotation wah wah. Dont tell me your not doing VT, MB, MF, MF, MB, MF, MF[or MF2 or SWD depending on haste etc..] Repeat + weaving in DP. thats a rotation.)

  2. #22
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: Shadow DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Why the SW b4 SW:P... you should have full stacks of Shadowweaving unless MF is only ticking once with that setup (which I highly doubt)... I understand with large amounts of haste you'll have a free GCD, why not SW:P b4 the SW?
    Typo

    I posted the precise starting rotation in your stickied topic.

  3. #23

    Re: Shadow DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by rimmer
    I start with [VE] VT, MB, MF (SW now at 5 stacks) DP, SWP.
    I think we all should already knew that this start sequence gives you lower DPS than VT MB/DP MF SWP, ~5% of DP or so IIRC =)
    By the way...

    Quote Originally Posted by rimmer
    ah wah there is no rotation wah wah. Dont tell me your not doing VT, MB, MF, MF, MB, MF, MF[or MF2 or SWD depending on haste etc..] Repeat + weaving in DP. thats a rotation.
    That's not a rotation unless you can just keep repeating it, seeing MB and DP has a cd and you got to renew VT + DP, I don't see how you can write down a "rotation" (that gives you best dps) unless that one is few-pages long =p

  4. #24

    Re: Shadow DPS

    I start off with VT and DP, then move on to a MB and MF, after that i cast SW:P, I get few MF in and MB before recasting VT, But the thing i ait for is the sundial trinket to proc, SOON as i gain the extra 500 sp i cast MB and if i get lucky it will crit giveing me Imp spirit tap, and with the gph of shadow you get extra sp from spirit, then after getting all the buffs up i RE cast SW:P giving it the best dps it can possibly get from it.

  5. #25

    Re: Shadow DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonclovers
    I start off with VT and DP, then move on to a MB and MF, after that i cast SW:P, I get few MF in and MB before recasting VT, But the thing i ait for is the sundial trinket to proc, SOON as i gain the extra 500 sp i cast MB and if i get lucky it will crit giveing me Imp spirit tap, and with the gph of shadow you get extra sp from spirit, then after getting all the buffs up i RE cast SW:P giving it the best dps it can possibly get from it.
    Bad advice... MF will refresh SW:P with temp SP gains... there is 0 need to recast SW:P in the above scenario. That includes any extra SP gained via IST, trinket procs, a shammy dropping a totem... if it's a gain in SP (or a decrease for that matter) MF will refresh the details.

    If it isn't SP then you need to recast SW:P (Malygos spark, Thaddius buff stacks, Earth & Moon, Imp Scorch etc)

  6. #26

    Re: Shadow DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonclovers
    I start off with VT and DP, then move on to a MB and MF, after that i cast SW:P, I get few MF in and MB before recasting VT, But the thing i ait for is the sundial trinket to proc, SOON as i gain the extra 500 sp i cast MB and if i get lucky it will crit giveing me Imp spirit tap, and with the gph of shadow you get extra sp from spirit, then after getting all the buffs up i RE cast SW:P giving it the best dps it can possibly get from it.
    Did you read any of the posts posted before you wrote that? Just wondering.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •