Future of Alchemy - change worth it?

Hey, so i'm a prot warrior with a rather bad choice for profession: herbs and alchemy.
    At start i didnt think much about it... nowadays i'm sure not mt in a progression guild or something but still getting things done in ulduar.
    so far i didnt consider my professions keeping us from bosskills, also my healers usually dont have problems keeping me alive. still i'm considering changing professions to enchanting and jc. ... the game is all about optimizing your character ^^ my twink is getting close to 80 with mining, so i have a source for jc then. just dont know if its worth the effort. plus i discovered quite a lot of recipies with alchemy and don't know if there is still anything to come that is worth keeping alchemy as my profession. hope you guys can help me to make up my mind

Deleted

Re: Future of Alchemy - change worth it?

mining + JC is best for tanks

Alchemy is dead now, since the other proffesions got static bonuses and Alchemy needs consumables to receive bonuses like mixology..while other professions have 100% uptime of their BoP thins

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nasok
    mining + JC is best for tanks

Alchemy is dead now, since the other proffesions got static bonuses and Alchemy needs consumables to receive bonuses like mixology..while other professions have 100% uptime of their BoP thins
    Well JC is the undisputed king of the professions when it comes to personal benefit. Nobody argues that.

But mining? Meh.

Mining gives 500 HP (IIRC) at level 80.
    50% more effect from Flask of the stoneblood gives you 650 more health.

OMIGOSH!
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

so dropping herbs for jc doesnt sound bad, does it?
    i dont have an alt for collecting herbs but prices at the ah aren't too bad - probably selling gems with jc will make more than up for it.

Deleted

From this POV you can choose LW + JC because you got raid buff 10% to stats and it does not count soft Health increase.. but stamina from 41 stam gems and LW BoP chants *1.1 is pretty nice

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nasok
    From this POV you can choose LW + JC because you got raid buff 10% to stats and it does not count soft Health increase.. but stamina from 41 stam gems and LW BoP chants *1.1 is pretty nice
    That's true. Same goes for the 2x24 Stamina enchants that only Enchanters themselves can have. Scales nicely with Kings.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!