Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Just picked up 4 piece [ENH], and it's amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Barrar
    I get the same results as well, just haven't done any PVP to get the damn thing, lol. Looks like I'll be switching back to Dueling for now. Unless the sim is modeling the damage incorrectly, Blizz fails once again at providing an upgraded totem in the next tier (for elemental as well).
    Hmm, I may do the same, and switch back to dueling. My other enhance shammy swears by totem of Hex though. so it comes down to Hex or Dueling Especially since they are cheap to get if you don't have the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Heilt
    Would Totem of Dancing Flame performe better with the 2 piece of T8?
    Better, but even still Dueling and the others are outperforming it when given the 2-piece T8 bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by McCloude
    Hmm, I may do the same, and switch back to dueling. My other enhance shammy swears by totem of Hex though. so it comes down to Hex or Dueling Especially since they are cheap to get if you don't have the other.
    I have Dueling beating out Hex ever so slightly. I think it's just a matter of Dueling affecting more of our damaging abilities than Hex, but both are similar on the charts.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

I have Dueling beating out Hex ever so slightly. I think it's just a matter of Dueling affecting more of our damaging abilities than Hex, but both are similar on the charts.
    Thanks for the speedy reply. It's sad that our 'new' and 'improved iLvl' totem isn't so great atm. I hope something is changed about it in the future, though I know that is a farfetched hope.

McC

I've simmed the hell out of all 3 common totems (Hex, Dueling, Dancing Flame) with multiple gear setups, and while Dueling comes out ahead in EnhSim, Dancing Flame seems to provide the highest actual ingame DPS for me. After doing about 50 5-minute boss level dummy tests with both Dancing Flame and Dueling each, Dancing Flame consistently came out about 40 dps higher than Dueling or Hex. I'm rocking the T8 2-piece set bonus atm.

May be RNG fluke, but the consistency of where the damage was comparatively made me wonder.

Yeah, I'm going to personally do some testing in-game myself since there are a lot of inconsistencies right now. I was digging through the EnhSim code trying to find where the details are for Dancing Flame, but I did not see it listed in the Totems source code ??? Gonna have to look into that a bit further. Levva, any ideas on that yourself?

Deleted

Yeah, I'm going to personally do some testing in-game myself since there are a lot of inconsistencies right now. I was digging through the EnhSim code trying to find where the details are for Dancing Flame, but I did not see it listed in the Totems source code ??? Gonna have to look into that a bit further. Levva, any ideas on that yourself?
    I've not actually looked for it. I can have a look this weekend. I've not been raiding 25s at all lately due to guild dramas. Although I did do two 10 mans this week when we did just Mirmiron - got him down in the end though giving us a server 9th kill or something (yeah our server is sluggish). Now that a group of us have set up a brand new guild with a similar group from another guild I hope to actually raid soon and start caring about gear upgrades again. This will help me focus on what needs fixing in Rawr/EnhSim as I'll want it to be 100% right when my own gearing choices depend on it

LOL, well I hope you can get back to raiding soon as well to continue working on perfecting RAWR and in turn making EnhSim better as well. I know it has to be in there since there is a dps difference when equipping it vs. no totem at all as well as the difference is all in extra SS damage. I'll be doing some in-game testing between Dueling and Dancing soon so I'll report back. ATM, RAWR says Dancing rocks while EnhSim says it blows. We will soon find out.

LOL, well I hope you can get back to raiding soon as well to continue working on perfecting RAWR and in turn making EnhSim better as well. I know it has to be in there since there is a dps difference when equipping it vs. no totem at all as well as the difference is all in extra SS damage. I'll be doing some in-game testing between Dueling and Dancing soon so I'll report back. ATM, RAWR says Dancing rocks while EnhSim says it blows. We will soon find out.
    Tada!

Yeah, that right there is the simplest logic possible. ;D I wanted to see how it was adding in the extra totem damage though. :P

Yeah Barrar, it's definitely a little odd. That's a good idea with the totem simming, I'll have to give that a try tonight when I get home. Does anyone know offhand if the SS added damage from the totem is applied before or after the 20% increase from the 2 piece set bonus? Just basic napkin math but, for simplicity's sake assume Stormstrike MH is 1000 damage and OH is 500. If it's applied before the 20% bonus, the total for both hands comes to 2172; if applied after it would be 2110. Even with that being considered that's only an 8DPS difference or so over 8 seconds and wouldn't account for the very sizable DPS difference I'm seeing on ingame tests.

And thanks, Levva! Your hard work is appreciated!

Deleted

Well, it's with 2 piece T8 bonus that Deadly Gladiator is still simming out ahead of dancing flame and duelling. Will play more over the weekend and try to sort it out, as far as my own gear is concerned.

Glad totem always sim the best, and of course it's pretty easy to calculate using EP vals to see that dueling will never be better than Glad totem. However, I'm also a little curious about the new stormstrike totem. I have it, but I don't use it. Seems unlikely that something that only affects an ability that is 10% or less of our total damage would be better than a raw 120 (or 144) ap, but it'd be nice to see some numbers.
    saccharin - blood furnace - <v a n q u i s h>

Deleted

Well, Totem of the Dancing Flame, increases weapon dmg, i.e. the damage range of you weapons (MH and OH) goes up by 155 when using Stormstrike, so any attack that uses weapon dmg range will be buffed.

the description is: increases weapon damage by 155 when you use stormstrike

im pretty sure that it only increases the weapon damage of stormstrike itself, or it would say something like:

increases all of your weapon damage for x seconds whenever you use stormstrike

or something along those lines

the reason why dueling or glad totem are better is because

haste influences your white damage ( faster attacking => more hits => more damage ), your maelstromprocs ( more procs per minute => faster stacking of 5 procs => more instant lb´s/cl´s => more damage ) and also shorter gcd´s => more damage

attackpower directly influences: white damage, ss, and ll and through mental quickness ( 1 ap => 0.3sp ) also our fire-totems, lb´s, cl´s , lightning shields and shocks
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley
    the description is: increases weapon damage by 155 when you use stormstrike

im pretty sure that it only increases the weapon damage of stormstrike itself, or it would say something like:

increases all of your weapon damage for x seconds whenever you use stormstrike

or something along those lines

the reason why dueling or glad totem are better is because

haste influences your white damage ( faster attacking => more hits => more damage ), your maelstromprocs ( more procs per minute => faster stacking of 5 procs => more instant lb´s/cl´s => more damage ) and also shorter gcd´s => more damage

attackpower directly influences: white damage, ss, and ll and through mental quickness ( 1 ap => 0.3sp ) also our fire-totems, lb´s, cl´s , lightning shields and shocks
    I have the totem, and when I use SS the weapon dmg range on my char screen goes up by 155 for both MH and OH. A few seconds or later (haven't got round to timing it), if i don't use SS again, the weapon dmg range drops back to normal. If it was only SS then it would affect the SS tooltip maybe, but I wouldn't expect it to alter weapon dmg range in the char screen (As that applies to all attacks that depend on weapon dmg range)

Quote Originally Posted by monkeysnarf
    We're 11/14 through Ulduar and I haven't bid DKP on any set pieces. I'm still rolling dual Angry Dreads and need weapons bad. I'll greed on stuff, but I need to beat rogues on weapons.
    Join our guild. We're 100% so far on the fist weapon from Mimiron...our 2 of our resto shaman have it now.

aww man I can imagine how great it must be to get 4 piece T8...

Im still stuck in T7, but its understandable because i believe gearing a tank or healer is far more important. But from hearing such an increase from our set 4 bonus it sounds awesome (as i would have expected with such a GREAT set bonuses).

Can't wait to get my hands on some in the future

Now only if Thorim and Mimiron would drop their weapons -_-

mmmmm, weapons. :