Page 1 of 2
LastLast

17/51/3 DPS Rotation

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jfVMVZG0xxAbckf0Vostc

This is the build I decided to go for a while.

But I feel like I couldn't find the right DPS rotation.

Here is mine with a little problem;

IT-PS-OB-BS-BS FS-FS

OB-OB-OB FS-FS-FS

The problem is I am landing my last OB and FS without my diseases.

It looks like there is another rotation or something, I dont know.

Any answer will be appreciated.

Re: 17/51/3 DPS Rotation

If you are having trouble in keeping up your diseases, maybe you can sacrifice 4 points in blood , and spend them in unholy to extend your disease lenght...

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jfVMzZG0xxAbckf0VostfM

I guess you'll have to try this on a dummy and/or in a raid environment to see how it is affected by raid buffs... I guess losing 4% crit chance won't make a huge difference, compared to losing the +Dmg multiplyer on diseased tagets

I hope you find this useful.

Try doing it with Unholy Presence instead of Blood

Frost Strike dmg is unaffected by diseases on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by upfromtheashes
    Frost Strike dmg is unaffected by diseases on the target.
    No... you need Frost Fever up for 10% more damage.

To OP: What I ended up doing was simply going with a variation posted above, grabbing epidemic. This way you can more naturally fit in pestilences to refresh both diseases (with glyph of disease) and maximize GCDs for Oblit / FS. I've skipped the HB glyph because I only HB after rime and even then only after my priorities are spent (OB/FS). Be sure you are maximizing your use of Blood Tap.

Try IT>OB>IT>OB in unholy presence. You should have Blood Plague up when your last OB lands and Frost Strike doesn't use that one anyway.

If you check your recount 2xIT SHOULD do the same damage as 1xOB so the only thing you're really sacrificing is the possiblity for one rime procc.

Unholy presence favors 4 pieces T7 and multiple rime proccs as you can land all your howling blasts and frost strikes in one 10 sec rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by orestes
    Try IT>OB>IT>OB in unholy presence. You should have Blood Plague up when your last OB lands and Frost Strike doesn't use that one anyway.

If you check your recount 2xIT SHOULD do the same damage as 1xOB so the only thing you're really sacrificing is the possiblity for one rime procc.

Unholy presence favors 4 pieces T7 and multiple rime proccs as you can land all your howling blasts and frost strikes in one 10 sec rotation.
    I don't know how what kind of gear you have, but my average Ob hit is larger than my avg. IT crit. It seems you're still in the pre-3.1 mindset where IT/HB spam was the most viable, unfortunately that doesn't work anymore.

Furthermore Unholy Presence still cannot compare to the 15% dmg buff of blood. Maybe it's closer now for Unholy spec, but for Frost I don't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by neonanaski
    No... you need Frost Fever up for 10% more damage.
    You sure about that? Always though Frost Strike was unaffected by diseases.
    First rule of online gaming: never take a uterus for granted.
    Normal Person + Anonymity + Audience = Total ****wad

yes im sure about that. tundra stalker increase your dmg by 10% ( 15% with new patch if im not wrong) if ur target is afflicted with YOUR frost fever

Current Status of Frost DPS cycle

I made few more dummy-dps tests.

Talent: 13/51/7
    Gear: 5/5 t7,5; 3650ap %30crit 300hit with Armageddon
    Rotation Used:
    IT-PS-OB-BS-BS FS-FS
    OB-OB-OB FS-FS-FS

First I tried some 5min fights with UH presence:
    Highest DPS recorded: 3350
    Lowest DPS recorded: 3150

Some more 5min fights with Blood presence:
    Highest DPS recorded: 3550
    Lowest DPS recorded: 3250

Unholy Presence made me feel more confortable. But with Blood Presence I felt that I need every single second and it didnt let me move my eyes from my CDs. But hard work comes with better dps.

But I still couldnt find the correct moment to use Pestilence for refreshing the diseases. After using 3xOBs It makes me wait around 4-5secs to use it.

Unholy Presence made me feel more confortable. But with Blood Presence I felt that I need every single second and it didnt let me move my eyes from my CDs. But hard work comes with better dps.

But I still couldnt find the correct moment to use Pestilence for refreshing the diseases. After using 3xOBs It makes me wait around 4-5secs to use it.
    This is exactly why the HB glyph is useful to this build. Being able to refresh diseases on a rime or freezing fog proc eliminates the use of an extra rune for pestilence.

Try my build with the glyphs, and you wont be unhappy. Frost (in my OPINION) with my current gear, is netting the best dps.

I have tried Unholy, Blood and Frost. Spent hours on the target dummy, and raiding with each build. Frost has done its best for me. I know a ton of people dont think that AOE is a viable measure of DPS, but I disagree. I have never been in an instance where I didnt use AOE. Ulduar does not have a patchwerk. It never will. If we want to talk single target dps, the training dummy is the only way we can really measure that. Which, in all of the testing I have done, Frost has netted the best dps.

Quote Originally Posted by LeichenKauer
    yes im sure about that. tundra stalker increase your dmg by 10% ( 15% with new patch if im not wrong) if ur target is afflicted with YOUR frost fever
    Frost Strike gets a 38% damage bonus from having only Frost Fever on the target as compared to not having any disease
    Howling Blast is also 38%

Obliterate is 29% for having the first disease being Frost Fever, 45% from Frost Fever and Blood Plague, 12.5% from only Blood Plague
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

1) Frost has "NO" DPS rotation. IT is the most difficult of the 3 specs to utilize properly. You must learn what abilities are best used in each situation that you come across. Sometimes you won't save a howling blast for a rime proc.

2) Use the Howling Blast Glyph. It saves lives.

3) If your highest damaging attacks are not Frost Strike, Howling Blast, and Obliterate (HB obviously depends on the kind of fight you're doing) then you're doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by skaarrj
    1) Frost has "NO" DPS rotation. IT is the most difficult of the 3 specs to utilize properly. You must learn what abilities are best used in each situation that you come across. Sometimes you won't save a howling blast for a rime proc.

2) Use the Howling Blast Glyph. It saves lives.

3) If your highest damaging attacks are not Frost Strike, Howling Blast, and Obliterate (HB obviously depends on the kind of fight you're doing) then you're doing something wrong.
    1) I'm pretty sure you are mentally retarded, Frost does in fact have a rotation to utilize runes and cool downs. I suspect that you fail at realizing that.

2) I'm pretty sure that it saves runes and is not a substitute for healing

3) Agreed, though, according to your first statement that is very contradictory. Your "1" philosophy, I could spam IT, and BB and it would be a viable rotation for Frost.

With the 4 piece Tier 7 bonus your rotation should be
    IT BS FS OB FS OB FS Max 5k DPS on patchwerk

Without T7 4 piece bonus

IT OB OB BS FS spam

No blood plague is used with frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevlycem
    With the 4 piece Tier 7 bonus your rotation should be
    IT BS FS OB FS OB FS Max 5k DPS on patchwerk

Without T7 4 piece bonus

IT OB OB BS FS spam

No blood plague is used with frost.
    Yea, listen to this guy, he knows exactly what he's talking about. Because no frost Death Knight has EVER gotten over 5k on patch. AND, apparently has 4p t8 to test this new fandangled rotation.

I certainly hope you aren't serious.

Stick with what Armut said and you'll be fine. Find a few members here that actually know what they are talking about, and do your best to weed out the idiots. It will get you much farther.

Quote Originally Posted by diseous
    1) I'm pretty sure you are mentally retarded, Frost does in fact have a rotation to utilize runes and cool downs. I suspect that you fail at realizing that.

2) I'm pretty sure that it saves runes and is not a substitute for healing

3) Agreed, though, according to your first statement that is very contradictory. Your "1" philosophy, I could spam IT, and BB and it would be a viable rotation for Frost.
    I'm pretty sure you're just a troll. But I'll respond to you anyways.

Frost has no rotation because you do not perform the same moves over and over again in the exact same way. This is why I do 4.5k+ DPS in pretty much any non-DPS inflating encounter I do. So yeah, I'm kinda laughing at you calling me retarded. Take a look at my Armory. Skaarrj from the Arthas Server.

Number 2 is obviously a joke, with truth in it. The glyph is so awesome. The saving lives part was a joke.

No, it's not. Spamming is not a rotation. Spamming is spamming. No matter what, as Frost, you will be using Frost Strikes a lot. But you won't be using them on a rotation basis. You'll be using them in conjunction with your procs, cooldowns, other peoples procs, and maybe only when you know when you need a shit-ton of Frost Strikes to burn something down. Such as adds or something.

Think real hard, but not too hard, before you insult me. My statements have validity.

Quote Originally Posted by skaarrj
    I'm pretty sure you're just a troll. But I'll respond to you anyways.

Frost has no rotation because you do not perform the same moves over and over again in the exact same way. This is why I do 4.5k+ DPS in pretty much any non-DPS inflating encounter I do. So yeah, I'm kinda laughing at you calling me retarded. Take a look at my Armory. Skaarrj from the Arthas Server.

Number 2 is obviously a joke, with truth in it. The glyph is so awesome. The saving lives part was a joke.

No, it's not. Spamming is not a rotation. Spamming is spamming. No matter what, as Frost, you will be using Frost Strikes a lot. But you won't be using them on a rotation basis. You'll be using them in conjunction with your procs, cooldowns, other peoples procs, and maybe only when you know when you need a shit-ton of Frost Strikes to burn something down. Such as adds or something.

Think real hard, but not too hard, before you insult me. My statements have validity.
    See, it's not THAT hard to make a post that actually makes sense. Having epic gear doesn't make you any smarter so your armory profile means absolutely nothing to me. Being able to post a comment that actually makes sense is a very good way to measure someones comprehension of the subject.

Trolling aside, you are correct that Frost dps is situational, but saying that is has NO ROTATION is retarded.
    I still hit HB>OB>BS>BS>OB>OB>OB> Dump. The only difference is that when things proc, or RP gets close to 100%, HB or FS get thrown in the mix.

Number 2, yea, I thought that my statement was just as funny. The glyph with a mob of 6-7 and Blood Boil? Jesus...

I couldn't agree with you more on your last point.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by diseous

Trolling aside, you are correct that Frost dps is situational, but saying that is has NO ROTATION is retarded.
    I still hit HB>OB>BS>BS>OB>OB>OB> Dump. The only difference is that when things proc, or RP gets close to 100%, HB or FS get thrown in the mix.
    Well, it does change a lot - eg you get a Rime proc followed by Cinderglacier in the middle of your "rotation"? Means the next three attacks you use, to maximise DPS, are HB and two FS's. Throws off your rune cooldowns by almost 5 sec. Thus, slipping back into a "rotation" becomes night impossible.

The only time you use a set rotation is for, say, the first 10-15sec of a fight. Once procs come into play, or movement is involved, or target switching, or whatever, your "rotation" becomes null and void and you have to go on Priority instead.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal
    The only time you use a set rotation is for, say, the first 10-15sec of a fight. Once procs come into play, or movement is involved, or target switching, or whatever, your "rotation" becomes null and void and you have to go on Priority instead.
    Priority being what? OB>FS>OB>FS then what do you do with the blood runes? Turn them back in to death runes for 3 OB.

How is that not a rotation? It's not like you spend the rest of the fight just clicking what's available like a pally. The rotation is turning your Blood Runes into Death Runes, and if I am not mistaken, as a frost Death Knight, there is only one way to do that.

I have to add, that a crusader+rime+killing machine proc in the middle of a rotation doesn't mean that I don't finish my rotation and then dump it. That proc doesn't even use any runes and it lasts a few seconds. Even if I do dump the proc in the middle of my rotation, I do everything I can to get back to it asap.

It's like being at a bar, on the beach, on a warm summer night, with my girlfriend and her best friend, and watching them make out. Sure it doesn't happen too often, but when it does, it doesn't disrupt my daily routine. Sure as shit it's fucking sweet, but it doesn't change anything in my normal routine.

All of this is just as situational in every talent build. There are certain aspects that change your normal rotation, but that doesn't mean that once those things come into play, there is no rotation. A rotation is a suggestion to follow, not a guideline laid out that you have to do.