Soloing Threat From Above Daily

Any priests out there of any spec try this and succeed? I'm more interested to hear if a Discipline of Holy have done it but would like to hear from my Shadow brotha's as well.

I attempted this tonight as my primary Discipline PVE healing spec and got Chillmaw down to 9k HP. With a little more RNG in my favor and maybe a few better timed casts (I panicked a few times when I got bursted down to 1k HP lol those bombs + a flame breath thingy can really hurt) I could have done it. Popping my CD's earlier too. All in all, I think it's possible. I happen to be pretty well geared so that helped I'm sure. I only got 2 tries in before a partner wanted to come get it done with me.

Anyone else try it yet? Thanks in advance for your post! I'll be trying again tomorrow and I think I will get 'er done.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Re: Soloing Threat From Above Daily

Yeah that's pretty much what I was trying to do. Good advice man. I was runnin' and gunnin' but sometimes since Chillmaw is so huge, he covered up some area on my screen and I would run into a bomb anyway because I'm trying to stay in the vicinity. The only time I really got bombed and breathed at the same time was when I had to stop to heal. I didn't dot up the adds I was just Holy Nova'ing them down but I think they would go down quicker if they had SW:P on them too. I was focusing on Chillmaw a little more and I think the right way to go is to keep moving with dots and novas on the adds (and of course Chillmaw) then when they are down focus Chillmaw.

I should have it done tomorrow night I have faith in my ability to solo hard stuff, I love the challenge. I recently solo'd the quest "Second Chances" and it's follow up "The Admiral Revealed" at onslaught harbor in Icecrown, those are pretty damn tough if you know what I'm talking about, for clothies especially (DK's, Pallies, even Shamans can do it with some difficulty but nothing like a Priest). They took a bunch of tries, this is definitely easier though. I'll report back.

I've done it as shadow a couple of times.

I've *almost* gotten him down a couple of times as a disc priest, in the end I have gone down because I OOM and scream is on CD >.< Maybe could get him down solo if I timed my Power Infusion better.

Did you find it "easy" Nez or was it a rush!?

Throw on some pvp gear and its pretty much soloable for any class.
    I do this on my rogue, with prep, i can evo tank them all

I've done it as Shadow. If you drop a shadowfiend and fade, he can serve as a sort of tank for a while. Shadowfiend also does crazy damage now.

Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m
    Did you find it "easy" Nez or was it a rush!?
    Random is the best description of it.

With bad luck on timing of shield and DoT renewal, you either die or win.
    I did it two days without any problems, and third day I got wtfpwned and had to call in help after a few failed attempts.

Usually I don't bother doing dailies, and if I do, I mostly due it along with others to finish faster. WoW is a multiplayer game, I think the ability to solo content itself is meaningless, beyond that of levelling.

(And it annoys me how group levelling is actually slower than solo.)

Well I had stuff to do and never tried again but I'm sure I'll be able to do it with some more tries.

I agree the ability to solo content is meaningless for the most part, but there have been many times I couldn't find a partner for certain things. Like the 2 quests I mentioned in my post above, I couldn't find someone to do them with me for hours, so after reading about paladins soloing it on wowhead, I decided to bang my head against it for a bit. One quest was for 3 people and the follow up was for 5. So when help isn't around, it becomes meaningful. It also just feels cool to get something done, that normally takes multiple people, by yourself. I just like the challenge of it. It's fun to me, and fun is never meaningless!

The game is a bit too solo oriented I think too. I think a 2 or more person group bonus should be greatly increased. I miss EQ in that respect sometimes. You really couldn't get anything done without friends and a group. It kinda forced the community to act a little more mature also since what people thought about you directly impacted how much you could get done that day lol. I find that this is fun as long as there are decent people to group with, but when you can't find anyone due to the hour of the day or whatever, it's good to be able to do stuff on your own.

Best try was 1 bomber and Chillmaw @ 47% :/ - PvE disc btw .... When i tryed as shadow i got chillmaw to ~60%, didnt go much for healing, tryed to see how far i could just nuke him ... Think i might be possible with some luck and goodwill - and some nice mana regen - it could be done as disc.

Done it as Shadow, havent tryed the other specs tho'.

I can solo it as Disc (PVP spec) in PVP gear. Haven't tried as my main spec which is Shadow.

Not much tricks really, keep shield up and dots ticking, fear on cooldown, avoid bombs, and penance to quickly top you off. I usually pull by DOTing up then PI + Holy Fire / Smite spam until he reaches me then I just move around while using my cooldowns.