Thread: Ele Needed BUff

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Ele Needed BUff

Quote Originally Posted by Draknoth
    When in that post did I ever say "20k lava burst"? Oh yeah...i didnt. Shamans have other abilities you know. Like...hex, and flame shock.
    lava burst + flame shock = 3 sec lightning bolt = 2 hex = 1,5
    if you let elemental shaman just stand and cast spells your retard. its like vomapring apples to oranges. Omg mages are so imba in arena! if you let them cast 5 pyro blasts they can do 70k damage to you omg nerf me bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Zemin
    Thanks for proveing my point but if you can only reach that on Auriaya i feel for you, none the less as i stated before IMO the class dose'nt need a buff.
    Notice the only caster buff i had in that group was scorch and misery. And also notice that we were 20 manning. Past that, show me one higher.

15+ Year Old Account

Oke.

Rambler's pretty spot on. Seems you have to be an amazing shaman just to keep up with average players of another class. Looks like there's a bug with Lava Burst not scaling with talent points. Since the difference between a resto shaman's lava burst isn't as big as it should be to a true dps shaman's.

http://wowwebstats.com/povmg6qwrjlog?s=195027-255940

Quote Originally Posted by Crulak
    Rambler's pretty spot on. Seems you have to be an amazing shaman just to keep up with average players of another class. Looks like there's a bug with Lava Burst not scaling with talent points. Since the difference between a resto shaman's lava burst isn't as big as it should be to a true dps shaman's.

http://wowwebstats.com/povmg6qwrjlog?s=195027-255940

I did some untalented, ungeared testing over the week and I think i found atleast part of the lava burst bug. Concussion talents don't seem to stack with Lava Flows. I will post some parsed data later, but I don't have my crap handy atm. Someone else feel free to check that. Lava burst did about 2-2.3k ungeared and spec'd with only points in concussion. with points in Lava flow's it went up 25dps, or nearest i can tell, the base coefficent went up 6% but didn't have the other 5% added in. Doubt its the whole issue, but I bet it won't hurt to look at.

stacking dot from your fire totem, pve problem fixed. pvp left the same

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rambler
    I did some untalented, ungeared testing over the week and I think i found atleast part of the lava burst bug. Concussion talents don't seem to stack with Lava Flows. I will post some parsed data later, but I don't have my crap handy atm. Someone else feel free to check that. Lava burst did about 2-2.3k ungeared and spec'd with only points in concussion. with points in Lava flow's it went up 25dps, or nearest i can tell, the base coefficent went up 6% but didn't have the other 5% added in. Doubt its the whole issue, but I bet it won't hurt to look at.
    Lava Flows only works for crit... You're writing 2-2.3k, which is definitely non-crit value.
    So yes you are right that in this case they dont stack, but they shouldnt stack either. If you want to test it, you have crit with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    stacking dot from your fire totem, pve problem fixed. pvp left the same
    Elemental shaman does not use fire totem for dps. He has to drop Totem of Wrath. It wouldnt solve any problem for elementals, but it would increase Enh shammy dps.

then the simple answer remains migrate the two totems together and add the debuff. as a talent

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    then the simple answer remains migrate the two totems together and add the debuff. as a talent
    That was proposed since Totem of Wrath appeared in elemental shaman talent tree. It's not so obvious for blizzard it seems.

Blizzard's solution to everything shaman is to put a totem in as a bandaid.
    Convictions are greater foes of truth than lies.
    All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
    Madness is rare in individuals - but in groups, parties, nations, and ages it is the rule.
    Those who cannot understand how to put their thoughts on ice should not enter into the heat of debate. You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Most of the issues I notice are the cast times we have. Even with 450+ haste I tend to not get a lot
    of spells off during boss fights / trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Instant
    Lava Flows only works for crit... You're writing 2-2.3k, which is definitely non-crit value.
    So yes you are right that in this case they dont stack, but they shouldnt stack either. If you want to test it, you have crit with it.

Elemental shaman does not use fire totem for dps. He has to drop Totem of Wrath. It wouldnt solve any problem for elementals, but it would increase Enh shammy dps.
    Those are all crit numbers Instant. Crits with only those talent point expenses, and with zero gear equipped.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rambler
    Those are all crit numbers Instant. Crits with only those talent point expenses, and with zero gear equipped.
    Ahh sorry, somehow i missed that. Though it wasnt crits :S

Anyway, from what i checked on my shaman (changing between resto and enh with concussion) concussion increases dmg range on tooltip, so maybe it works for base dmg only, or maybe it was always like this? :P

They just needed to go back to the same numbers pre 3.1 as far as lava/lightning bolt.