Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So what makes a GOOD pvp video?

I'm thinking about making a PVP video.

However, what I don't is for people to think i'm just trying to show everyone how "Awsomesauce" I am.

Cause i'm not.

I'm thinking what people want is as follows.

-Clear, non cluttered interface to watch.

-Good variety of music. Nothing insane.

-Good fights. Not just pure wins. Fights that make you wonder what's going to happen next, how it will turn out etc.

Any suggestions?

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Re: So what makes a GOOD pvp video?

don't go editing insane. keep it fairly simple.

the type of music used is a little based on what class you are imo. i.e. warrior music should be a bit more hardcore then say, rogue or caster music. but thats just an opinion so its up to you.

verity is good in a video. some duels, few arenas maybe, world PvP, 1 vs. X fights and what not. it gets a little boring if your looking at the same fights the whole damn video.

keep in mind these are my preferences to see in a video and they will differ from others.
    Good luck with your vid mate
    http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/hats.png

i like commentary of what is going on and the strat you are using also

make sure you do the following:

zoom in and out randomly tilting the video

this always makes pvp videos amazing.... also it hides how bad u really are.

Make sure you write the song name and the artist when a new song begins, that is really useful, rather than having to look at the list in the end and try to figure out which is which.

Look at a few videos for inspiration, Gforce and Noone have some pretty good movie compositioning, but try to keep your editing fairly simple, yet not just plain like it's just you playing.

Good luck with your video! Will you post it here when it's complete?
    Planning is for amateurs.

Quote Originally Posted by steve80

I'll deffinatly keep this tactic in mind.

I've been wanting to create a pvp video ever since before wrath launched. I play a Shadow Priest, and learning how to PVP effectively on one was a chore, but I think I got it down. I had some really neat fights as well, including one against a rogue where we ended up killing each other at almost the exact same time.

I dont think either of us released, we just stood there staring at each other. I was so glad I got it on tape, lol. That's the kind of stuff I want in the video. Just really GOOD fights.

I understand that people like making videos for entertainment. But why do they tell their strategies in the videos? A smart player would see what they're doing and how they're doing it and learn to counter it.
    Aravar - Lv. 80 Arms Warrior - Vek'nilash US BG9

No rap/country/or shitty imported mexican hat dance music. For my taste must be some type of heavy rock IE Killswitch Engage,Ramallah ETC.

Secondly videos that show you taking on 2-3 people at once are what really catch my attention because that shows you actually know what CC is and that its the key factor in pvp.

PS- DONT LET US CATCH YOU CLICKING OR KEYBOARD TURNING

(HOW DO YOU TURN SO FAST?)

Lets say ur a new guy and u make a 'good video'. You get rated 3-4 on WM
    Now, lets say ur a super famous Akrios or something, and u make exactly the same video as the person above. You get rated 55555555555555 all the way. This is what makes videos good :<

Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    No rap/country/or shitty imported mexican hat dance music. For my taste must be some type of heavy rock IE Killswitch Engage,Ramallah ETC.

Secondly videos that show you taking on 2-3 people at once are what really catch my attention because that shows you actually know what CC is and that its the key factor in pvp.

PS- DONT LET US CATCH YOU CLICKING OR KEYBOARD TURNING

(HOW DO YOU TURN SO FAST?)

As big of a metal fan as I am, I was thinking of putting in some epic orchestral music. Like some of the stuff from Baldur's Gate, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by steve80

Strafing left and right really fast repeatedly for no reason whilst the opposition player isnt moving at all make you looked skilled. Jumping then doign 360 spins also makes you look good. It makes your pvp worse but makes you look good.

the best players dont constanly run around, they actually just stick to the player like glue, but it doesnt look as good

Clicking.

Screamo.

Cluttered UI that looks fancy.

Flashy editing. (to divert the viewers attention)

More Screamo.

A little death metal.

Key turning.

Role playing segment.

Making it in Windows Movie Maker.

The 9 steps to success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowf0x
    math has nothing to do with a game that is based on RNG.

First of all 1v1 sux, 1v2+ ftw! Doing fun stuff always makes a pvp vid more enjoyable, such as playing around with hordes like in World of Paladin- and Roguecraft. Those are what i can come up with :P

Full CD kills are pointless.
    Showing you own all in BGs whilst you have 2-3heal bots + berserker etc is pointless too.

You need to show skill, hence 1v2+ really catch people's attention.
    No use of potions
    metal music

Skill and playing a non fotm class, but both can go together.
    But then again i barely watch pvp movies.
    Which might be a reason why i'm not a Gladiator.

A good pvp video is a video that give you the chills. You watch it over and over again, and you will never feel like this is something i have seen before. Music and clips matches. It is well edited, but not in the sense of "omfg, z00m in on critz".

Bottom line is, there really is no perfect recipe for a good pvp movie. You know it is a good movie when you see it.

nice crits

big crits

average gear doing great thing by using cooldowns and stuff

not popping cooldowns for everything

dying even makes it more real

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FFITWbUu3M best pvp video i've seen in a while

he just uses arcane power a lot

music is coordinated with the crits and hits

dont. put. a. fucking. 20. minute. intro.

"from the shadows, rises a rogue so terrifying" this shit gets on my nerves. Emphasis on stuff that you think makes you a good PvPer

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    nice crits

big crits

average gear doing great thing by using cooldowns and stuff

not popping cooldowns for everything

dying even makes it more real

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FFITWbUu3M best pvp video i've seen in a while

he just uses arcane power a lot

music is coordinated with the crits and hits
    but it show almost no skills..
    Just big cirt