Tier 8 - Give us a Choice, Tunic or Robes.

Just thought id bring this over here.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...04205137&sid=1

I just wanted to set my opinion out there for Blizzard concerning mage tier 8. The robe models Blizzard had previously were a lot better then this, i know quite a few fellow mages who would agree with me. I appreciate the new texture Blizzard tried to pull off with the leggings, but as a gnome, you can hardly see it.

I understand it is still a little early, people are still collecting their tier pieces, it wasn't until i had the chest and the pants for myself that i realized how bad having a tunic model really looked.

All i ask is for Blizzard to switch our current Tier 8 chest piece (the tunic) to the already existing robe version, that or give us the option to choose if we want the tunic or the robes, make things fair. Hell, do it for the other classes as well from here on out, I'm sure Holy Paladin's love the new skirt, but a retribution paladin may think differently, same thing for the shamans, make it fair for everyone, we each have our own opinions.

I don't mean to pester anyone posting this, i just wanted to post my opinion, and possibly see how many others out there agree with me. Post on the link i provided if you agree with me, let Blizzard know!

Re: Mage Tier 8 - Bring Robes Back

Quote Originally Posted by Revast

Just wanted to set my opinion out there for Blizzard, and to see how many other mages agree with me. We all know Blizzard had already created robe versions of the Tier 8 tunic, i just think the set would look better if they swapped it to robes. You can continue to read what i had to say in the link.

If you agree with me, simply reply to my post, let Blizzard know! Let them know we want our dresses back! If you don't agree, I'm sorry to pester you, forgive me.
    *cough*queer*cough*

Trolling aside, I'm glad that they finally got rid of the Tier Dresses for mages. It's been SOOOOO long since I've been able to rock a vest. Sadly, I already got the Robes of the Umbral Brute and my policy has always been Function over Form sooo... Guess I'm boned on that one.

I REPEAT: I'M GLAD IT'S A VEST!!! TOO BAD I CAN'T USE IT. Unless I find something that's a better upgrade than the Umbral Brute Robes... Which I'm thinking is highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by enoesiw
    *cough*queer*cough*

Trolling aside, I'm glad that they finally got rid of the Tier Dresses for mages. It's been SOOOOO long since I've been able to rock a vest. Sadly, I already got the Robes of the Umbral Brute and my policy has always been Function over Form sooo... Guess I'm boned on that one.

I REPEAT: I'M GLAD IT'S A VEST!!! TOO BAD I CAN'T USE IT. Unless I find something that's a better upgrade than the Umbral Brute Robes... Which I'm thinking is highly unlikely.
    Assuming your FB/TTW spec, you should know that Umbral Brute Robes are not the BIS offset piece. With your little policy there, you should clearly know that Leggings of the Enslaved Idol is the way to go, if your able to clear hard modes that is. If your guild is unable to clear hardmodes, then Collar of the Wyrmhunter is actually the BIS offset piece to grab, but again, with your policy and all, you should know this, no?

But as i said, this is assuming your FB/TTW spec, i know am, which brings me back to my original post, with either that BIS setup i listed above, or the second BIS set up, the tier 8 tunic is always going to be in slot.

Quote Originally Posted by enoesiw
    *cough*queer*cough*

Queer? Female gnomes look retarded in with these pants.

Yeah, brute robes are really close to the wyrmhunter. The t8 helm is really weak, the hit is so easy to pick up on other items. Robes are pretty weak and brute robes are good but using rawr I tend to find better setups with the wyrmhunter. Its just a matter of what you can get your hands on. If you want to talk BIS then your going to have the tunic in your 4set and use the legs from Freya hard mode.

But overall, this tunic looks terrible and the fact that wearing a tabard takes away the 3d effect on the legs kinda ruins it for me. Also the way the offset boots look with the leggings are dumb, makes it look like I'm on stilts.

Swap it to robes and save everyone the eye soar.

Once again I'm proven right that people can and all whine over everything >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Dominate
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyou
    [Shadowmourne, I went to Icecrown and was hoping for Frostmourne but all I got was this lame axe]

Your policy is Function over Form, eh? Yet you think Umbral Brute Robes is the only way to go? Interesting.

Assuming your FB/TTW spec, you should know that Umbral Brute Robes are not the BIS offset piece. With your little policy there, you should clearly know that Leggings of the Enslaved Idol
    I thought he was talking about chest piece not every BiS slot. Bringing leggings helm into something about robes vs vests is just invalid as they do not influence this at all.

Im sick of wearing robes, at least make them look a bit more aggressive looking not jester or clown wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominate
    You're only saying that cause warlocks are amazing! >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Vetis
    I thought he was talking about chest piece not every BiS slot. Bringing leggings helm into something about robes vs vests is just invalid as they do not influence this at all.

Im sick of wearing robes, at least make them look a bit more aggressive looking not jester or clown wear.
    Well I think the guy was saying that brute robes were bis so he wouldn't get to use the t8 chest anyways which is not really the case.

None the less, the legs are showing because the chest is a tunic. The legs do look alright but once you slap some of the boots on or a tabard it gets bad.
    The thing about the t8 set is that it makes your boots very apparent and the boots just look awkward as hell with the t8. Then the tabard issue, the legs are cool because they have an extra sort of depth but when you equip a tabard with the legs then they revert back to plain legs.

I don't think the intentions were to whine but to see what the consensus on the t8 chest was.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadd
    I don't think the intentions were to whine but to see what the consensus on the t8 chest was.
    ^ Kadd has it summed up.

I would just like to add another opinion i agree with, pointed out by others on the World of Warcraft thread. Blizzard should give everyone the option to chose between the tunic or the robes, make things fair. Hell, do it for the other classes as well from here on out, I'm sure Holy Paladin's love the new skirt, but a retribution paladin may think differently, same thing for the shamans, make it fair for everyone, we each have our own opinions.

Champion of the Naaru Hand of A'dal Ambassador Elder Merrymaker Chef Knight-Lieutenant Korred, the red mage, of the Nightfall, the Twilight Vanquisher, the Explorer, the Hallowed, the Argent Champion, Guardian of Cenarius, Jenkins, the Undying.

Don't be afraid of the end of the world (of warcraft). Be afraid of the unlived life.

Quote Originally Posted by Korred
    Rofl!

Well you have to remember that was before $15 got you a sex change ;P

Re: Tier 8 - Give us a Choice, Tunic or Robes.

Since I can't post on the US forums, I will say my piece here.

Spellfire was a big failure, solely because of the fact that it was recoulored priest t2 if I am not mistaken. I like the tunic. I think it gives a whole more "dynamic" perspective to the dress wearing mages.

As for the choice for tunic/robe, for our set it would work but for other classes I highly doubt it.

It's going to be a bitch to match shoes and belt tho

Quote Originally Posted by Korred
    That's one great video, a classic.

Thing is, hes a human, have you seen this tunic on a gnome?! You can't even see the new 3D bulges (lawl) on our pants, unlike other races with legs!

tbhi like the mage tier its soo cool(not freaking scary like the locks tier and the rogues tier ) but adding a robe might make it even better

Wow, this is something new. Offset items pal, if you really want your robe back.
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

15+ Year Old Account

well i feel that they should make my black war kodo into a tiger. i'm a 450 engineer, but sometimes i wish i could mine nodes, maybe they should work on that too. i like the bosses in ulduar, but i wish they were teh bosses from BWL, come on blizz, gimme what i want.

there's this thing called game design. they designed the item and the game, you play it. they designed the mage t8 to be a vest due to every kirin tor mage in dalaran wearing one, and you want a robe? guess what esse, you're shit outta luck
    BfA Beta Time

I just wanted to set my opinion out there for Blizzard concerning mage tier 8.
    For Blizzard huh...so you bring it to MMO?

Quote Originally Posted by Eversor
    Wow, this is something new. Offset items pal, if you really want your robe back.
    Actually, the current BIS offset piece for FB/TTW (Leggings of the Enslaved Idol) still leaves the tier 8 chest in slot, as mentioned above in previous posts. The second best setup (Collar of the Wyrmhunter) still leaves the tier 8 chest in slot as well, yes, i could chose the robes off Kologarn, just to satisfy my looks, but i wouldn't be putting out the best DPS i could be.

I'm sorry if I'm annoying any of you, this is just simply my opinion. As Kadd stated before, this is merely just a consensus to see how many others agree with me, judging by the amount of replies on my World of Warcraft thread, id say quite a few agree with me.

I'm only asking to make things fair, give us the option to chose between the robes or the tunic, make everyone happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaak
    For Blizzard huh...so you bring it to MMO?
    Well, these are forums too, forums that get quite a bit of attention, why not spread the word a bit more? Based on all the replies on the World of Warcraft thread, I'm sure i caught a few people from here.