Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Arena Rating Changes, Algalon Loot, Blue Posts

i can't believe people are managing to complain about something like this.

ps: sc2 beta! woot!
    It's just a game.

wait, were at 2150 arena rating and about half way towards the 2200 weaps in arena points, are you now telling me we wont be able to get our weapons in 2 more weeks like we have planned? If so this combined with the mage rogue nerf in the middle of season 5 in which we were sure Glads, and got pwnt and stuck with this pathetic duelist title...its almost like there watching my screen and right before i succeed they change the rules. Stop changing things right before I obtain my arena goals plox!

Quote Originally Posted by Priestgirl09
    The only thing is I wish the legendary mace quest involved beating Algalon. That would make it legendary, it doesn't seem all that hard to get right now.
    The absorb won't show up in WWS to the healer's meter. That means no epeen bonus for the legendary drooling healer. Also keep in mind it bones Disc priests (even with the shield glyph change). Warglaives were a much bigger up for rogues than this is for healers. And Algalon looks to be at least twice as hard as Illidan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    And yet, even though it's ilvl239, that crossbow is still half a DPS below the S6 tier 2 gun (Draenei, so no racial at play).

Yes, I know half a DPS is trivial at best, but come the fuck on, a stupid PVP weapon has no business being a BIS PVE item. -_-
    Ok you can have a few players getting carried in a raid, then walk around with the BIS PVE weap and have everyone think your HOT shit when you really might not be at all. The 2200 weaps are only obtainable by the very highest class of players, It makes perfect sense.

Juggernaut too powerful?
    Juggernaut is something we're keeping an eye on. We introduced it specifically to give warriors some much-needed PvP potency and don't want to immediately nerf it back to being a non-entity.
    THEN FRACKING TRY NERFING/BUFFING THINGS SLIGHTLY!! NOT EVERYTHING HAS TO BE NERFED BY 50% OR TO NON-ENTITY!!! EVER CONSIDERED 5-10% NERFS!?!?! WTF? Some things just need slight modification

That said, I have no opinion on whether Juggernaut needs to be buffed. I'm just very very tired of the 50% buff/nerfs.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by chrion
    wait, were at 2150 arena rating and about half way towards the 2200 weaps in arena points, are you now telling me we wont be able to get our weapons in 2 more weeks like we have planned? If so this combined with the mage rogue nerf in the middle of season 5 in which we were sure Glads, and got pwnt and stuck with this pathetic duelist title...its almost like there watching my screen and right before i succeed they change the rules. Stop changing things right before I obtain my arena goals plox!
    Really I .. can understand the feeling, tho I'm not so good .. that I considered saving for tier 2 weps... But damn that gotta be crap -.-
    Once you go troll, you'll never reroll.
    To bad I'm an undead! ~ Tøffelladden

Quote Originally Posted by Mahtamori
    Assuming the wallpaper's meant to be alliance on left and horde on right, the blood elf (green eyes) rogue doesn't make sense...
    its the high elf/blood elf. Variann had as a friend from his Gladiator days.
    And the horde side is Thrall + Drek'thar I would guess.

Quote Originally Posted by evok99
    EDIT: Our dps isn't severely gimped in raiding, but it is inconsistent and sporadic now that LnL is a joke.
    Maybe not severely gimped, but definitely lacking. All we bring is dps and atm we can't really do our job effectively with the tools Blizz has given us. I don't know if they overnerfed us or overbuffed other classes or it's just fight mechanics but we're routinely getting slaughtered on most Ulduar fights. Hurts even more when it's DKs, Druids, Pallies, and Priests.

Quote from: Valnoth (Source)
    We made a hotfix yesterday to several hard mode loot tables in order to spread around Algalon's weapon drops to make the items more accessible. Algalon still has loot that is unique to him, but the acquisition of the weapons in Ulduar won't be so soul crushingly difficult and ultimately unfair to certain class/builds.

So it turns out that we don't hate you.

Casuals win again : (

With the blues complaining at every turn and opportunity that their statements get overanalized(sp?)... you'd think they would become more careful with what they say.

Don't these people get training in public speaking?

"Casuals win again" ? even as a tongue-in-cheek statement, that's just foolish.

Is this the same Kharthus from elitistjerks?
    Yes.

Yup. Scrubs like you that were carried by being overpowered are 100% the reason for this change. You're not supposed to get the BiS gear if you could only get the rating when Arcane was overpowered as fuck, and so was Muti/Prep.

Quote Originally Posted by fibre
    THEN FRACKING TRY NERFING/BUFFING THINGS SLIGHTLY!! NOT EVERYTHING HAS TO BE NERFED BY 50% OR TO NON-ENTITY!!! EVER CONSIDERED 5-10% NERFS!?!?! WTF? Some things just need slight modification
    TG got nerfed by 10%. And yet Warriors go bananas whenever you bring it up.

Quote Originally Posted by MuTe
    If they wanted to do that, they have to make different rating Req for all different Arena brackets 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5. Heres why:

With this change only a handfull of teams will be able to get T2 weapons with their 3v3, and absolutly NO teams will get it in 5v5. Ratings just dont go that high in 3v3 and 5v5.
    Instead of bringing it to "par" they exclude 3v3 and 5v5 to obtain those weapons and make them only available for 2v2 players.
    Lol wut? Are you retarded? THEY'RE GOING TO BUFF YOUR MMR IN 3's and 5's SO THAT PEOPLE GET 2350 AS EASILY AS THEY GOT 2200 BEFORE.

Jesus christ he was talking about 2 seperate things in that post 1) buffing 3's and 5's average rating so that it equals 2's, and 2) changing the t2 weapon requirement to 2350.

Learn to fucking read what you quote.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lassy

With the blues complaining at every turn and opportunity that their statements get overanalized(sp?)... you'd think they would become more careful with what they say.

He is not Ghostcrawler, he is Valnoth!

Quote Originally Posted by Roar
    Really I .. can understand the feeling, tho I'm not so good .. that I considered saving for tier 2 weps... But damn that gotta be crap -.-
    What Bliz trying to say is, you dont need s6 weaps to be a glad because you are already pretty much a glad when you can acually buy one. They hate seeing arena weapons in arena, they want us to raid for our weapon... (but then they rant about PVE weapons dominating in arenas)
    Alright, screw yourselves if you didnt do well last season and missed out the s5 weapons. Unfair? Yes, it is.
    Hello SPELL STEAL NERF ?
    Spell steal gives wings and Working As Intended

Quote Originally Posted by Lassy

Get training in public speaking? Did you SEE their response to the fan outcry over the color scheme/style of Diablo III? Players bitched and moaned that it was too light-hearted and pretty so for Blizzcon their Diablo 3 logo had fluffy clouds with smiley faces, unicorns and rainbows dripping with sunshine. I'm pretty sure they KNOW what they're saying when they poke fun at their own fans.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Forro
    And yes it makes no sense at all to have a blood elf rogue in the alliance (she is also in game somwhere though, I think in Stormwind). But the comics make no sense at all anyway.
    Lore Protip: Blood Elves used to be part of the Alliance. The Alliance campaign in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne was the Blood Elf campaign and details Kael'thas leaving the Alliance and joining up with Illidan. Given their history, I doubt all the blood elves are so thrilled about joining, or even allying with, the Horde - after all, the Horde did do a number on Quel'thalas during the Second War.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Travio
    Lore Protip: Blood Elves used to be part of the Alliance. The Alliance campaign in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne was the Blood Elf campaign and details Kael'thas leaving the Alliance and joining up with Illidan. Given their history, I doubt all the blood elves are so thrilled about joining, or even allying with, the Horde - after all, the Horde did do a number on Quel'thalas during the Second War.
    Blood elves≠High elves. So you are wrong.
    This user has been banned.

15+ Year Old Account

Is it just me or does Blizzard balance classes around the Arena instead of around raiding? Hunter nerfs due to being OP in last seasons arena have gimped us in top end dps for raiding and blizzard sees nothing wrong with this. But no that hunters are underrepresented in the arena, we may be getting some changes. I wish they could separate the two worlds of PvE and PvP to provide a better balance for the classes in each situation.

EDIT: Our dps isn't severely gimped in raiding, but it is inconsistent and sporadic now that LnL is a joke.
    I'm sorry, but you just noticed a trend that has been going on now since about the start of season 3?

All I can say is, welcome to World of Arenanerfcraft. It's a fun game. Especially if yuo don't do arenas and your class gets thrown back and forth because of them all the time.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

I love how europeans have to wait for SC2 beta opt-in because we can't merge any games we own to our bnet account...

[quote=stupid11 ]
    Yup. Scrubs like you that were carried by being overpowered are 100% the reason for this change. You're not supposed to get the BiS gear if you could only get the rating when Arcane was overpowered as fuck, and so was Muti/Prep.

what? we stayed in the 2200's after nerf, and are 2200 now in season 6, we were also 2k+ in season 4...you dont know me or my partner, let alone anything about how our class's mechanics operate in the arena if you can just make blank statements like that...you obviously missed the entire point of my post...

Quote Originally Posted by Casa
    I love how europeans have to wait for SC2 beta opt-in because we can't merge any games we own to our bnet account...
    aha? I could add all my games, except wow and diablo 1 (cause it has no CD-Key)

what? we stayed in the 2200's after nerf, and are 2200 now in season 6, we were also 2k+ in season 4...you dont know me or my partner, let alone anything about how our class's mechanics operate in the arena if you can just make blank statements like that...you obviously missed the entire point of my post...
    #1: way to fail at quoting

#2: you said you got duelist, that's what I made my statement based off of, not information that I don't know.

Ok, 2200 in 2's, that was like 300 points below Glad on most battlegroups, not impressive at all. And the fact that you stayed there for the whole season while everyone else's ratings went up. Why do you deserve the best weapon in the game, again?

Edit: also, no shit you're the same rating in S6 as you were in S5, so is everyone else. That's how the MMR system works, moron.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.