Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...

Re: Remember when raiding made you look unique?

if you had started the statement "ohh i remember AFK'ing with full T3 and getting whisps" but since u didn't dont come here acting pro cos u just aint.

Insecurity will not be fixed with gear.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nut
    [item=43555]

Quote Originally Posted by Nut
    No, but I don't think that's quite his point. There's no sense of uniqueness anymore, if you paid top dollar for a great looking sweater (bear with me here), only to go outside the next morning and find that everyone else was wearing the same sweater, and they paid less for it, wouldn't you feel a bit robbed? The fact that everyone else has the same sweater doesn't really affect the fact that you do as well but it would feel different wearing that sweater wouldn't it?

It's the same argument of effort and reward, I know I've said this before, but greater effort should yield greater reward. If everyone can put in however much effort they want and still get the same reward, or close to it, the person who put in the most effort would not be content with the outcome while the people at the bottom of the effort ladder would do everything in their power to keep things the way they are. That's exactly the state this game is in, accessibility is good only if it doesn't lead to conformity, which in this case it does.

Imo Tier loot should have a reduced chance(like below 10%) of dropping as it it currently, and then make a garunteed piece of tier loot drop from hard modes in addition to an extra purple. Tier loot is ideally supposed to be BiS because of the bonuses, and it shouldn't be availible on ezmode to your average Joe Raider.
    This user has been banned.

Believe me I see the point in this thread and I was just trying to make a blanket statement towards those that take it very serious. I know people say it all the time "It's just a game who cares?" and I think you should stand out by your accomplishments.

It comes down to this. If you are good and you are in a good guild that is downing bosses you know it so why does it matter if someone else who isn't as good or guild isn't as good as yours have similar gear? Is it really that important to be able to AFK at a mailbox just to show off what you have? When you are in a top guild on your server other people know who you are and what you're about so you can AFK in some RP gear and still get the recognition you are trying to obtain by rocking full BiS/Tier gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    Imo Tier loot should have a reduced chance(like below 10%) of dropping as it it currently, and then make a garunteed piece of tier loot drop from hard modes in addition to an extra purple. Tier loot is ideally supposed to be BiS because of the bonuses, and it shouldn't be availible on ezmode to your average Joe Raider.
    But Tier isn't BiS for many classes
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer
    But Tier isn't BiS for many classes
    Well noobs will gona start qq momy i dont wanna pay more for this game it is shit i cant get nothing, and you know that blizz want the money :
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Quote Originally Posted by riflemancho
    Well noobs will gona start qq momy i dont wanna pay more for this game it is shit i cant get nothing, and you know that blizz want the money :
    Was that English? Seriously, it's hard to respond to things that no one can read.

As to the original poster, I don't understand why you are complaining. Tier gear isn't even that good. The only reason to get it is for the 4 set. If your rocking every best in slot, rocking the twilight vanquisher title people are going to respect you a little more, but in all honesty...WHO CARES? It's a virtual game, in 2-3 years time this is all going to mean nothing so why get stressed out over it? (I don't think WoW will last much longer then that tbh.)

Do you really need the whispers to have fun in game?

15+ Year Old Account

I'd rather be recognised for skill and personality than gear. At least those two transcend into reality somewhat. It also means the people recognising you aren't just using you as a personal wowhead search.

Honestly, I think if you seek admiration for the gear you have (or a particular item), you might want to consider whether or not you're as much as a so-called "scrub" as the people you look down upon.

Don't get me wrong - it's cool when someone reaches out with a compliment, a bit like being told you have a nice shirt irl (or a car... whatever). But do you stand around the shops waiting for it? No? That's probably because it's something that should get old quickly.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who considers skill and personality more of a stand out feature of players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacegoatmeep View Post
    I have it on good authority that the Park needs to be as it currently is for the launch of Legion.

As part of the opening event Illidan flys down into Stormwind, points over towards the Park and says "You are not repaired!"