RET / Rogue - 2v2 Sugestions

Hey guys, I started a 2v2 team with a rogue friend, we are actualy doing good, last week we got 14 wins and 11 loss. But we are having trouble against anything with a priest.

Lock/priest
    ret/priest
    rogue/priest

Can anyone that plays this comp have some ideas or sugestions? Seems we dont have enought burst to get the priest down. We tried to chain CC on the priest and kill the dps, but any of those classes (lock,ret,rogue) have defensive CDs to burn when in trouble, ret can bubble, lock can use that aoe fear or teleport, rogue can vanish or evasion+cloak.

Re: RET / Rogue - 2v2 Sugestions

stunlock rogue when vs him and own before hi evasion and when he is cheap kidney hammer do repentans blind sa on priest if possible e.t.c
    vs lock priest will be very hard
    priest/ret i think you dont have big chance tbh -.-
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

15+ Year Old Account

nope. ret/priest is a lost game. im playing this setup.

ill nuke the rogue untill the ret has to heal. priests fears paladin and its game over.

Well, is not so simple. We won a couple of matches against ret/priest.

If my rogue can start with a sap on the priest we both go on the pally, i use divine sacrifice and salvation on myself (with glyph 20% less dmg), so rogue takes 40% less dmg and i take inly 20% of recoil from that.

This usualy forces priest to trinket to heal pally, then i use repetance on priest, we force pally to bubble, rogue vanish.
    If pally bubble we can win. Then is just HoJ pally and stun priest followed by a blind. And my rogue can evasion+cloak to avoit been killed by pally if he trinket/freedon the HoJ.

I know is hard to time all this CCs, but is not impossible. As I said before we won a couple agaist ret/priest.

And agaist double DPS teams, we sap 1, and pop wings+trinket and me and rogue burn the other fast. Is that how anyone else that plays this comp do?

For Ret/Rogue, in my experience against priest/dps our wins usually come from CCing the priest and bursting the dps down. If the priest uses pain suppression on the dps, a switch to the priest might be viable. Against ret/priest, it's pretty much an uphill battle, but what we do is once again cc the priest, force the pally to bubble, and then reset the fight, and burst the ret pally down again.

To the post above me, I find that wings against double dps is usually way too much of a gamble because the strength of a ret pally double dps team is survivability and the ability to survive the burst of another double dps team. It's usually better to use your bubble and divine sacrifice first. Usually by that time the other team is already too far behind to have a chance.

I do however pop wings fairly early against healer/dps teams since early cc chain on the healer, with rogue opener and wings will usually drop the dps before the healer can react.

Thx for the advice.

Yea, we already noticed that CC priest is the best choice, but is still hard, sometimes we cant CC well. They have all those Fear and can shield his partner (with absorve like +4k dmg) and anyone with fort buff is running arround with 22-25k health. Ive see a lock with 29k health once. So is still hard to down all this health in 6-10 sec.

And about wings+trinket charge agains double dps teams, well yea, sometimes works really well others dont. Usually when we see a clothy one, we charge with everything.

If I remember there is a video somewhere of a ret/rogue 2's team doing very well. It had a description of the fights and how they reacted to different situations. The only problem is I think it was from s3 and s4. I don't do any arenas atm. But I think the paladins name was mobywan and the rogue stgeorge if I remember correctly.

I played Rogue/Ret at S5 up to 1956 ( stopped playing due to exams). But all in all it worked well. The main thing about it is the CC that u both have to bring. What we used to do was have rogue open with CS all the time meaning my command would proc the crit leaving HOJ for CC along with repent and blind. Being BE also helped as AOE silence helped bring healers down.

Priest/Lock - I would say CC priest and go for the lock. not hard to kill with 2 skilled DPS
    Ret/Priest - Cash in your loses and hope for a better combo
    Rouge/Priest - Need a good rogue for this but get the other rouge out, or start as the Ret on the Priest to burn his mana until rogue pops. Then CC priest and nuke rogue

Hope this helped

Crazy

EDIT: Rogue should also have good PVE gear for the burst. We found it helped alot over PVP gear
    Lemon Juice

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy
    I played Rogue/Ret at S5 upto 1956 ( stoped playing due to exams). But all in all it worked well. The main thing about it is the CC that u both have to bring. What we used to do was have rogue open with CS all the time meaning my command would proc the crit leaving HOJ for CC along with repent and blind. Being BE also helped as AOE silence helped bring healers down.

Priest/Lock - I wud say CC priest and go for the lock. not hard to kill with 2 skilled DPS
    Ret/Priest - Cash in ur loses and hope for a better combo
    Rouge/Priest - Need a good rogue for this but get the other rouge out, or start as the Ret on the Priest to burn his mana until rogue pops. Then CC priest and nuke rogue

Hope this helped

Crazy
    Just out of curiosity, what seal are you running with in S6? I can't imagine bursting down anything with SoC at all, it does garbage damage compared to SoB/M.

I dont even spec SoC. Blood all the way.

Your main damage skill is CS + auto atack with SoB.

If you luck to crit everythig does insane damage: 4k CS + 2k seal + 3k auto atack + 2k seal = 11k in 1 strike.
    I know this wont happen alot, but still does average 8k in normal situations.

Oh yeah, and also me and my rogue both have engineering, I'm not sure how serious you guys are playing for arena but, with double hand-mounted pyro rockets, and my rogue using the lightning trinket, if a healer hasn't already HoTed up his partner prior to our burst, usually the partner just dies instantly. So picking up engineering would definitely be a big help for your double dps team.