Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Best combat ress moment

Bored,
    I was in naxx 10 pugg today before my mouse blew out >_>

Things to acount for :
    -bad bad bad bad bad raid leader ( huh kiter on Gluth ? its just tank and spank LOLZ)
    - DPS DK kiter

So we had a dps DK kite/tank the zombies, and while I was keeping my eye on him. he went OOS and got himself pummeled pretty fast
    Agro shifts to me - 10+ zombies want a piece of my brain.

Barkskin - combat ress - shadowmeld ( had 4% hp left at that moment ) gave the DK my o shit buttonheal. and we made it.

What is your most glorious combat ress moment ?

Edit : pwnd by pali
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

I'm honestly frightened by what is taking place on the BlizzCon forum.

Re: Best combat ress moment

Aside from me wondering how Gluth's zombies got to Grobb's room...good brez = good.

I was tanking Mimiron's head with spell reflect during phase 3, and an assault bot got rooted close to me(Earth bind totem i think) so I got 2-3shotted, just as someone called the head to come down.

Raid leader(resto druid) battle resed me right as the head went back up in the air, I taunted it and started spell reflection again.
    (Edit: For those who dont know the fight, the head has no aggro when it's down on the ground, and it stays on the ground for max 10secs)

We then heard someone on vent: 'uh, didnt Gotts just die?'

Then we got a successful kill ;D

There was some other good stories happening with Bres in our raids, but this is the only one concerning me.
    Retired.Main:Gotts.80Warrior
    Retired.Alt:Xarathor.80Shaman
    Retired.Alt:Lurked.80Mage
    Retired.Alt:Cowned.80Druid

Deleted

Not a succes, but it gave me a chuckle. We we're doing Hodir last night, and as normally, i am MTing. One member dies to the curse of blindness (doesn't move from ice shards) during flash freeze. I kept going and was ready for when Hodir started to cast Flash Freeze. I quickly pop out, do combat ress, switch back in, get on top of the snow drift. Meanwhile, the other guy accepts just a fraction of a second before flash freeze and gets frozen. We get him out, and he freaking manages to die within three seconds after getting free.

To his credit, he's usually DPS, but we forced him into healing on the difficult encounters to have three healers

I love to BR someone that fails on thadius.

1. Accept.
    2. BOOooOM!!
    3. Dead again
    4. ???
    5. Profit

Quote Originally Posted by Razulath

1. Accept.
    2. BOOooOM!!
    3. Dead again
    4. ???
    5. Profit
    ye that no work

Deleted

Well, you can, but you're gonna have to run far away so that when they ress, they will be far enough away from the charges.

Personally, i love ressing the dead people AFTER Thaddius is dead, cause most of the time, they forget that we still have charges, and die. If nobody wants to accept my ress, i go into bear form and starts hugging those that are still alive... ... :P

Deleted

Nothing truly brilliant, but the best i did in recent times was Emalon 10 with 2 healers, one being me and tanks who weren't in the best gear. There was a certain amounts of fail in the groupe with chain lightning leading to low tank health and the other healer dying. I was quite happy to manage to save both tanks and get enough breathing room to b-rez the other healer. Still a wipe due to the continued amount of fail, but i was quite happy with myself.

Appart from that, all i remember would be rezzes while tanking Jan'alai or Akil'zon (when they were casting).

Quote Originally Posted by Dje

Appart from that, all i remember would be rezzes while tanking Jan'alai or Akil'zon (when they were casting).
    Ye I remember allot of nice battle rezzes in ZA, wasent a druid at that time - So I did not comprehend the awesomeness of a well placed battle rez

Melee died to a bomb bot on XT (poor I know) and accepted the res despite everyone screaming at him not to, only to instantly die to tantrum, that was fairly funny
    Apparently the dr00d hadn't used combat res since dual spec and didn't notice he was using rank 1

Best battle rezes all involve tanking, getting a battle rez off during boss spell casts and back to bear form, bashing stunnable mobs to get a rez off, rezing a tank while healing, bear form taunting boss across room to where you rezed him for him to accept and taunt back.

Who needs a DI? battle rez a rezer right before a wipe to accept after

My personal favorite, also in ZA, we were doing Lynx and I was tanking. One of the healers goes down and of course it's the druid. I wait for a slash...battle rez the healer and tell him to wait, back to bear immediately and waited for the next slash...tell healer to rez and GTFO...still wound up downing Lynx...but if I remember I think another healer wound up dieing and the druid had to brez them too :P

I was tanking freyah (how ever you spell that) in my full stam gear and popped my trinket and SI and rezzed the other tank for the trash. 73k HP FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Razulath

1. Accept.
    2. BOOooOM!!
    3. Dead again
    4. ???
    5. Profit

This

We were doing Hodir on 10 man like 2 weeks ago, and our MT went down. I was next on threat, so I hit Cower, and he went after our Hunter, who disengaged to pull him farther away. I popped out, rezzed the tank, healers topped him off as he taunted him back. It was a first kill for us, so it made it that much better.

tank died doring demon phase while doing illidan only me got CR ready

CR saves the day

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Last night doing Mimiron, one of your Pally healers died we BR him and he promptly runs in to the mines around Mimiron then says "Opps, Camra was facing the wrong direction" on Vent....

*sigh* Why....

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

Golden rule of CR : res with head , accept with head.

On mirimon actually just last week, and of course it's one of those /facepalm moments, P1 a main priest healer dies to running over a mine.... The phase ends, i Brez her, she takes 5 steps back into another mine and dies...... :-\

So, 2 nights ago, we were doing our "farm night". Basically everyone has their heads up their butts. We were wiping, partially because of server instability(server crashed once and was lagging the rest of the night) and partially because people didn't want to be there.

Got to Kologarn, wiped a few times on him. One of the wipes was because the tank died. In a attempt to save that pulll, the battle rez'd him... OBLIVION! Best Batte Rezzes are when the rezzee dies immediately because of random AoE damage and wow, the old man nerd rage was AMAZING.