*My gear is good, but my DPS Sucks...HELP!

I usually pull about 3.5k DPS in raids, here's my armory page "http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ist&n=Ruinner"

My rotation is:
    Stealth
    Garrote
    HfB
    (1/5)SnD
    (5/5)Rupture
    (3/5)Envenom
    And then I switch between (5/5)ruptures & (4-5/5)envenoms keeping HfB up of course.

Re: What's your Mutilate rotation?

Anyone?

3.5k dps ?

you can do better in that gear....

504 hit... you cant be serious.

What... what's wrong? Can you tell me how to improve please?

way too much hit.
    just get to the poison cap and start to stack other more important stats like armor pen and crit.
    i'd gem agi > crit
    also, if you are focusing on raid dps, pick up enchanting/JC and your dps will improve.

your rotation seems standard. just make sure HfB, SnD, and rupture are always up.
    Banned.

ok, what's the poison cap?

also, what is the best way for me to lose hit?

#1 500 hit is too much. You should be aiming for 315 with 5/5 precision (hit cap for poisons).
    #2 Your expertise is 5. Switch in a piece or two with expertise rating (for example boots), and gem for it, its easy to cap, but you should at least have 10 (26 on the char page caps it.) why? missing some key envenoms here and there can really fuck up your SnD refreshing. Plus you waste energy.
    #3 Grim Toll is kickass for combat, not so great for assassination. Even Mirror of truth would act better. Other choices darkmoon card (expensive) fury of five flights.
    #4 Enchant your gloves with +15 exp. Chest with +8/+10 stats. Cloak with +21 agility. I assume you are farming for the shoulder enchant rep.
    #5 Get a helm with a metagem. It's REALLY worth it.
    #6 never wait for 5/5 rupture. If you get to 4 CP and rupture is not up, use it. In fact, never wait for 5/5 anything.
    #7 why 1 point in imp S&D? Are you having trouble keeping it up? If so, #2 is the answer. Other than that talents look solid.
    #8 Do you suffer from lag? Are you getting the right buffs/consummables?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: *Changed* My gear is good, but my DPS Sucks...HELP!

Hitting the expertise cap (26/26) would help

Lower your hit too

You NEED Relentless Earthsiege Diamond. You also need to keep gemming for Expertise until about 18-20 at the very least. It doesn't matter if you have a ton of AP if you just keep getting dodged.
    I wouldn't worry about having "too much" hit even though other people cry all the time about it. Hit is always useful, but it's less useful past 17% spell hit (Precision included as well as Misery/Improved Faerie Fire) than other stats. If the gear you happened to get has hit on it, and you're past the cap but you don't have anything else, just.. use the best gear available. You're not going to be penalized for going past the poison hit cap.

First of all -> Learn to read the damn stickies, there's a reason why they are sticky.

Second, your gear is way far from being good for mutilate, go combat and you'll see bigger numbers with that gear.

Explaination:
    no expertise -> fail for a mutilate, even gemming with full expertise wont get you to the cap and you'll loose hell of a lot of ap doing so.
    hit -> it's not "too high" it's just wrong to have gear with so much hit and so low exp/ap etc. BiS gear from heroic naxx will give you enough hit while being exp capped.
    Rotation -> you are not so far from perfection, the best start in my opinion is: garrote/hfb/1s/4+r/4+n, envenom with less then 4 cp is a waste, then check the stickies to learn how to go on.

When you got these basics, try to use these tips:
    1- if possible, envenom only with 5 stacks of dp and righ after the dp tick.
    2- dont let the energy cap for any reason.
    3- dont make finishers with less then 4cp.
    4- try to always pool energy to 60 before a finisher.
    5- let the rupture make his last tick, overwriting a 4r with a 5r before the last tick is a loss of dps.

Hope it helps.

PS: read the damn sticky.

Re: *My gear is good, but my DPS Sucks...HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruinner
    I usually pull about 3.5k DPS in raids, here's my armory page "http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ist&n=Ruinner"

My rotation is:
    Stealth
    Garrote
    HfB
    (1/5)SnD
    (5/5)Rupture
    (3/5)Envenom
    And then I switch between (5/5)ruptures & (4-5/5)envenoms keeping HfB up of course.
    i garrote, HfB, 1/5 snd then 4 envenom then 4+ rupture idk if its better or what any comments
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&n=Cleever