Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Are we Rogues a bit OP these days...?

...I mean I have 2 parts of T8 and a couple of cool Ulduar maces and I seriously blow away everyone else in my raid... I don't even have to try that much. Mages and even feral druids are always below me... I mean what's gonna happen once my ruptures start critting???

Ofc I do enjoy this but I am wondering when you buff a class that much, will a nerf follow? Hunters and Mages had that so are we soon to follow...?

Feral druids are just insane btw now... something has to be done about that. You can't have hybrids top pure dps classes in my opinion, as much as Blizz wants to homogenise everything...

Re: Are we Rogues a bit OP these days...?

And why can't you have a hybrid top a pure? (if you are about topping meeters that is). The hybrid part is only in regards to more roles in the same character than one. Technically speaking if I am in a kitty spec, I am a pure spec, correct me if I'm wrong. I can't heal and dps in the same time can I?

Makes no sense and you are contradicting yourself a bit: you think rogues are too OP, you are ok with druids being below you but you also consider them OP and call a nerf for them because you feel a nerf coming to rogues and druids will get above you. Who cares who is first as long as they play their class well? Ulduar has fights where melee are favored, fights where ranged are favored. Just embrace the dungeon and try to better yourself rather than care about what your neighbour is doing.
    /hug

Quote Originally Posted by Gigikent
    And why can't you have a hybrid top a pure? (if you are about topping meeters that is). The hybrid part is only in regards to more roles in the same character than one. Technically speaking if I am in a kitty spec, I am a pure spec, correct me if I'm wrong. I can't heal and dps in the same time can I?

Makes no sense and you are contradicting yourself a bit: you think rogues are too OP, you are ok with druids being below you but you also consider them OP and call a nerf for them because you feel a nerf coming to rogues and druids will get above you. Who cares who is first as long as they play their class well? Ulduar has fights where melee are favored, fights where ranged are favored. Just embrace the dungeon and try to better yourself rather than care about what your neighbour is doing.
    Because a hybrid can then do another job where as a rogue cannot.Every raid leader would only bring ferals if they were equal to rogue dps.

Deleted

And why can't you have a hybrid top a pure?
    Because Blizzard has stated in various blue posts (which I am sure you can find yourself with any effort) that they would want pure DPS to have at least a little more output than Hybrids.

Where pure people are greedy bastards that dont help out with anything but dps, hybrid classes will gladly respec to help the other 24 jolly fellows kill that nasty nasty boss!

Seriously, this entire concept is stupid. Why would you have hybrid dps if 'pure' dps tops it? A feral druid's rotation is the most complex and hardest rotation there is in wow when mages just press Firebolt (i know they do more, but still a fire mage has an incredibly simple rotation). Why should the mage do more dps for having a 5 times easier job?

Just give Pure classes more PvE Croud controll, they'll still be needed if the fights are designed for it.

And why can't you have a hybrid top a pure?
    For many reasons my friend:
    - As a hybrid you have something that a pure dps class doesn't have... VERSATILITY! Depending on the fight and the gear that you have ofc, you have the choice to select what you want to be in that fight: tank? melee dps? range dps? healer?
    Pure dps classes don't have that choice and that choice my friend has to come at a price... you can do many things but you can't be as good in any of these things as a pure class. It's called game design and if we didn't have that raids would consist of 25 druids.

- Blizz have mentioned this themselves

But please this thread is not about this. This is about incoming? rogue nerfs and if we believe this will happen like in the case of hunters and mages.

this man is smarter than you

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Sssssh! the devs might notice and nerf us again. :
    To be honest I haven't even got any T8 yet and still manage to pretty much top the meters on most fights; I remember the ol' days through MC/BWL with dagger rogues dominating and it's nice to be home again.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by pinkstrider
    Where pure people are greedy bastards that dont help out with anything but dps, hybrid classes will gladly respec to help the other 24 jolly fellows kill that nasty nasty boss!

Seriously, this entire concept is stupid. Why would you have hybrid dps if 'pure' dps tops it? A feral druid's rotation is the most complex and hardest rotation there is in wow when mages just press Firebolt (i know they do more, but still a fire mage has an incredibly simple rotation). Why should the mage do more dps for having a 5 times easier job?

Just give Pure classes more PvE Croud controll, they'll still be needed if the fights are designed for it.
    whar raid utility does a rogue have? i mean, every hybrid brings tons of buffs etc to the raid and th epure classes bring what? yeah dps....and no, feral rotation is not the most complex and firebolt?lol

Oh ffs I wanted to talk about rogues and possible incoming? nerfs and now everyone is talking about pure classes and hybrid classes. Guys, please read the title of the post!

Even if we rogues are op we should be as we have are very squishy . Abt the feral druids being nerfed lets talk abt that . In Bc feral druids were useless . In my guild if u were a feral druid u had to be a tank or there was no place in the raid for u BUT now feral druids have a good dps . Blizz always does this lol . What i mean is they boost someclass up in one part of the game and nerf them to a sad place in the other . So now feral druids are op BUT soon when a new patch or anything comes out they will nerf them and again they will have no place . Every patch one class has its way think abt it . Now take warlocks . When wrath came out locks were useless I MEAN THEY WERE OF NO USE and ppl waited till they got some decent balance . On the other hand bc locks were op . How many locks doin top dps in raids or havin a cool 2100 rating . Its been happeneing every time . Arms warriors were gr8 but now they aren as when wrath came out . Who expected fury to be so imba now huh ? So if one class is op now the new patch or some upgrade they will be put to some sad conor of the game and cycle will go on .(Forgive me if there are any mistakes these are my thoughts )

well pre patch with my alt rogue on Patchwerk i use to be under 3.5k but now im over 4k with the same gear and my gear aint even that great most of it is just 10man naxx and a few pieces i bought http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=Str%C3%AFker and i run with WP on both weapons

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

go go fan of skill

Rogues are certainly no easy kill in pvp anymore.

To be fair, I didn't see our Rogues topping the charts in yesterdays Naxx25, but I must say they were higher than a few weeks back which is nice to see. I miss our sneaky rogues.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

Rogues probably do need to be brought down a bit, they top damage on pretty much every encounter unless they die.

Also rogues who complain they don't have raid utility don't use TotT? It makes certain fights (Yogg p3, Hodir hard, Thorim arena etc) a LOT easier.

I can't heal and dps in the same time can I?

this is true in pve to an extent. A feral druid can't main heal, but we all know any good druid has a shape shift macro to allow you to heal yourself. Just like ret paladins can't top rogues(good rogues), feral druids shouldnt either.

I like where rogues are at. The fact is this isnt tbc/vanilla. You dont have to min-max to succeed anymore. More damage = faster runs, and this gives me a reason to consider leveling the rogue alt Ive had at around 30 since tbc. I'm not worried about my raid position because pure classes out-dps me anymore. Everybody knows what a Ret paladin brings beyond his damage now, AND with dual-spec you would have to be dumb not to bring a paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by cocco
    For many reasons my friend:
    - As a hybrid you have something that a pure dps class doesn't have... VERSATILITY! Depending on the fight and the gear that you have ofc, you have the choice to select what you want to be in that fight: tank? melee dps? range dps? healer?
    Pure dps classes don't have that choice and that choice my friend has to come at a price... you can do many things but you can't be as good in any of these things as a pure class. It's called game design and if we didn't have that raids would consist of 25 druids.

- Blizz have mentioned this themselves

But please this thread is not about this. This is about incoming? rogue nerfs and if we believe this will happen like in the case of hunters and mages.
    Maybe we should start nerfing characters who have alt's? Those players have versatility too. How about 5% DPS reduction for every additional lvl 80 character you have?

Bringing a raid of 25 druids is an exaggeration. We have strengths and we have weaknesses. Feral DPS has strengths on single target bosses, especially when they're given opportunities to unload without fear of pulling aggro (IE XT's heart, Mimiron 2nd phase, Razorscale when he lands, etc). We're quite weak when it comes to AOE (Our swipe costs a lot of energy and doesn't give Combo points).

Feral Druids in DPS gear can: Tank as well as a Warrior/DK/Ret Pally if they equipped a shield, Heal as well as a Ret Pally (not as well as an Enhance Shammy or a Shadow Priest), and DPS as well as most melee classes. We don't have vanish, we just have to stop DPSing and sit back when we have bad tanks.

One reason Rogues want Feral Druids nerfed is because we're threatening their monopoly on leather DPS gear.

I will admit that Ferals having Battle Rez and Innervate makes them desirable in a raid, but while we're handing out these goodies we're not DPSing like all the pures. And still, other classes have abilities that we don't. Hunters have Frost traps, Mages have Ice Lance and Polymorph.

Quote Originally Posted by mofi
    whar raid utility does a rogue have? i mean, every hybrid brings tons of buffs etc to the raid and th epure classes bring what? yeah dps....and no, feral rotation is not the most complex and firebolt?lol
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/28/1647...-too-hard.html

I'm sorry that rogues don't have any raid utility but that is a fault of theirs, not a reason to nerf ferals.

rogues are fine, not OP.

We were underpowered when hybrids out DPS'd us, that is not the way it was ment to be! rogues are king of single target DPS, we are back where our class should be!

Peace Out!

Rogue community: the thing that makes us OP is a combination of 130 energy and overkill, not mutilate damage.

Ghostretard: Nah, we'll cut the balls off mutilate, lawl

Rogue community:...................

Ghostretard: We're happy where rogues are in PvP

Ghostretard: Wait, NM we'll also nerf overkill now and give you absolutely no fucking compensation while deathtards and retnubs still do gross amounts of damage with better defensive capabilities.

15+ Year Old Account

NO

Deleted

We're fine, don't worry.