replenish for enhance. (diff imp ss)

I have been thinking of an idea to make the imp ss desirable in raids and even better for enhance for pvp. Change the improved ss to make it proc a replenish. I know there are other classes in raids that have replenish, but look at the name of an "enhance" shaman. I don't take imp ss for pve due to raid buffs, but if it were a replenish instead of a base manna percentage, then I would be all for it. I do understand in a ten man your more than likely to have a ret pally, shadow preist, or a destro lock, but how offten do you see a raiding frost mage? most of them do not. no other melle class that does use manna other than a ret palladin has it due to use of rage/energy/rp and I believe it would be a huge addittion to the enhancement tree reguardless of your choice of pvp or pve. I dont know the developers aim for improved ss after 3.0, but I dont see it used much as an enhancment tool and I feel bad that its wasted (atleast on my toon) for more damage on my lightning shield. It may not be a "waste" per-se, but i love to help other classes do more and it would be icing on the cake for me.

Re: replenish for enhance. (diff imp ss)

You yourself have Water Shield for mana regen and Shaman have Mana Spring Totem.

That's the Shaman class's "replenishment".

You dont need ita Replenishment effect for [Improved] Stormstrike.

/thread
    /urfase
    I > U

enhance is very desirable, not sure why you think otherwise.
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeddite
    You yourself have Water Shield for mana regen and Shaman have Mana Spring Totem.

That's the Shaman class's "replenishment".

You dont need it.

/thread
    /urfase
    did u ever play a shaman?
    as enh you use lightningshield an manaspring doesn't stack with blessing of wisdom anymore...
    oh an w8, what?! replenishment does! i think it's a good idea to give the enh shaman replenishment!

Oh good, I was wondering how long it would take for the first moron to make this sort of a reply.

Shaman have Water Shield for self-mana regen and Mana Spring Totem for party/raid mana regen. Using Lightning Shield or Earth Shield is irrelevant - Water Shield exists for mana-regen purposes. Blessing of Wisdom is irrelevant as Mana Spring Totem and Mana Tide Totem are the group/party/raid forms of mana regen that Shaman bring to the table.

HRU HUR HURHRURHURHRURUR NO I NEVAR PLAYED NO SHAMMIES HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

<Moderator Edit: User has been warned and will be banned if he repeats this sort of trolling post.>
    I > U

...don't

Or just make replenish a buff you get when entering a raid

Think I'll go shove crayons up my nose until the argument "HUR HUR HUR RET PALADINS HAVE BLESSING OF WISDOM AND REPLENISHMENT SO LOGICALLY ENHANCEMENT SHAMAN NEED REPLENISHMENT TOO suddenly makes sense.
    I > U

i never stated that palladins have wiz and replenish, but wow ur right... lol. its just an idea and i think a damn good one. if were in a raid i dont drop manna as enhance anyway. resto shamans overright mine.

15+ Year Old Account

Think I'll go shove crayons up my nose until the argument "HUR HUR HUR RET PALADINS HAVE BLESSING OF WISDOM AND REPLENISHMENT SO LOGICALLY ENHANCEMENT SHAMAN NEED REPLENISHMENT TOO suddenly makes sense.
    Who exactly are you trying to prove your intelligence too?

I personally like imp stormstrike as it is. Lets me drop elemental focus and max out my fire totem damage. Also, you aren't overly dependent on having Judgement of Wisdom and Replentishment. If your pally dies, or is judging light, mana issues become pretty severe w/o imp stormstrike.

Note: if you don't have troubles w/ mana in the absence of JoW and Replentish, you should be dropping magma totem .

@Jeddite: While I disagree w/ the OP and don't think we need replenishment. What he's talking about is bringing a raid buff. No matter what mechanics our class has for mana regen, he's saying he would be inclined to pick up the talent if it brought something to the table aside from "unneeded" mana.
    Main: Enhance Shaman
    Current alt status:
    80 Unholy DK - 80 Feral Druid - 80 Disc Priest
    80 Ret Paladin - 80 Arcane Mage - 80 Prot Warrior
    77 Warlock - 80 Marks Hunter - 75 Rogue

I participated in the legendary Bacon thread.

You are getting off to a bad start on the forums. Keep it up and you won't have to talk to us anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by paxilpwns
    I have been thinking of an idea to make the imp ss desirable in raids and even better for enhance for pvp. Change the improved ss to make it proc a replenish. I know there are other classes in raids that have replenish, but look at the name of an "enhance" shaman. I don't take imp ss for pve due to raid buffs, but if it were a replenish instead of a base manna percentage, then I would be all for it. I do understand in a ten man your more than likely to have a ret pally, shadow preist, or a destro lock, but how offten do you see a raiding frost mage? most of them do not. no other melle class that does use manna other than a ret palladin has it due to use of rage/energy/rp and I believe it would be a huge addittion to the enhancement tree reguardless of your choice of pvp or pve. I dont know the developers aim for improved ss after 3.0, but I dont see it used much as an enhancment tool and I feel bad that its wasted (atleast on my toon) for more damage on my lightning shield. It may not be a "waste" per-se, but i love to help other classes do more and it would be icing on the cake for me.
    It's improved SS that allows me to not take any other regen talents (any), and still take 3 (three!) minutes to go out of mana NOT using a mana spring totem, using lightning shield, and being solo hitting a dummy. Which ofc means I'll have Sham. Rage up again every single time.
    Oh and i'm using full damage rotations, so keeping magma totem active 100% as well.
    I think it's super as it is.

There´s one point at which enh often lacks mana, and that´s 10man raids.

I myself have a pve-enh main-spec which is designed for 25man, assuming im the only enh and there´s no frost-dk around.

My second spec is for pvp ( nothing set in stone here, tend to switch in between resto/ele/enh )

My point is: in cases like mine, where you want to maximise your dps, imp.ss is in the way while at the same point, when doing 10man and being unlucky with grp set-up, you wont have any replenishment.

Main reason for oom in 10man: magma-totem. reducing it´s mana-costs would be a way

I dont think enh rly needs replenishment, i would rather see a unique buff to the grp, specifically for us, like in the old days ( and a new totem-system, for fights in which you have to be mobile and dont want to replant totems every 10 seconds )
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley
    There´s one point at which enh often lacks mana, and that´s 10man raids.
    If i can keep up magma totem 100% and use my dps rotation while being solo, you shouldn't have any problems in 10-man either.
    Yes my spec is for 25-mans.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

and Mana Spring Totem for party/raid mana regen
    this and then this ->
    Blessing of Wisdom is irrelevant as Mana Spring Totem and Mana Tide Totem are the group/party/raid forms
    are you really saying that you dont know where the mana spring / mana tide affects? guess its time for another "l2p" comment?

Imp SS is fine as it is imo. Between that and SR i never run out of mana. I know alot of ppl on this forum yelled at anyone who even thought about using Imp SS for a PvE spec (ITS A PVP SKILL) but with the nerf to mana regen and the plans to further nerf mana regen im very happy i went with this skill. No longer do i have to plan out when to SR timing it between trash and Bosses and which bosses, also the extra mana makes it easier to throw around CL(when needed) and magma without worrying about a huge mana loss....its fine as is, i'd expect them to nerf it but it doesn't seem TOO op with the amount of mana we get back but its far from underpowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Barrar
    You are getting off to a bad start on the forums. Keep it up and you won't have to talk to us anymore.
    I've warned him via PM, future such posts = ban.