Valny- whatever!: who gets the legendary super mace?

I say paladins, others say raid healers.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?page=855

Above are the stats to it, and quest and stuff.

Now im a proud tree myself, but i used to think resto druids shouldnt get this. I thought only paladins or maybe disc priests should get this mace.

Now lets understand this before we comment on it. The mace lets your heals have a chance to give a buff like the Sacred Shield, except insted of procing of attacks, it procs of heals, and 15% of that heal.

So being a druid we are made to raid heal. We do rejuv and Wild growth on as many people as we can and thats what gets us to top healing. But look:

Rejuv = 1600~ healing every 3 seconds, Wildgrowth ticks around 800 at first then decreases. Whats 15% of 800 or 15% of 1600...not much, Bubble wouldnt block anything.

Now if a paladin heals, its like a 18k holy light spam, and 15% of that is i believe 1200. But is then spammed, so the shield can be put to maxixmum dmg absorbtion if theres alot of people putting heals on it.

SO HERES THE MAIN ARGUMENT!!!!:

Does it go to a raid healer, so the proc goes of alot and more people get the buff, which then is healed by many aoe and then is givin a mild bubble.

OR:

Give it to a paladin/disc priest, FOR THEY ARE TANK HEALERS and the only way this bubble is going to work, is if you have CONSTANT major heals on said tank provided by a paladin, and then supported for 15 sec by druid hots shaman chain heal and disc priest buffs/heals.

But, what do you think?

Not just any spartan; John Halo Spartan.

Deleted

Re: Valny- whatever!: who gets the legendary super mace?

Whoever deserves it the most in your guild. As Blizzard has stated many times *it's not built for one class*.

There has already been lengthy discussions in other threads about this topic. Go post in one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew
    There has already been lengthy discussions in other threads about this topic. Go post in one of those.
    Thats a good enough answer for me.

Give it to a DPS for all it matters, the healing proc isn't game breaking.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

although teh stats favours a healadin or maybe a shaman teh proc makes it exelent for any1, go read up on it, blizz has explained it pretty well
    There is this thing called being so open-minded your brains fall out.

-Richard Dawkins

The mace is awesome for any healer. Just awesome. Give it to the one deserving it, that's all. My guild has 1 GM and 4 officers :
    - Mage GM
    - Priest officer : Atiesh
    - Hunt officer : Kil'jaeden's bow
    - Rogue officer : Blades of azzinoth
    - Warrior officer : thunderfury

That's how I see it, these 5 guys took all of us from nothing at the start, to cleaning Tiers 1 to 7, with about the half or 3/4 as 1st on the server (the remaining as 2nd), they deserve a reward for not just coming a 9PM, sitting before the computer and playing like a "normal" member =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

Quote Originally Posted by Grakos
    Now if a paladin heals, its like a 18k holy light spam, and 15% of that is i believe 1200.
    15% of 18,000 does not equal 1200, it is 2,700

Sorry to break the bubble xD

I say paladins, others say raid healers.
    Its all one category. "Healers." Because paladins can raid heal now, with Beacon and Glyph of holy light. Sure we aren't as efficient as the other classes, but we can. As of now, we started loading our holy priest up with the shards. He is at 9 atm. Officers told me at the get go I was 2nd up. We shall see. Not too worried. Point of the matter is that SOMEONE has the mace in the raid and is running that bubble. Not more of stats and looking at the Ilevel. If that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Naard
    15% of 18,000 does not equal 1200, it is 2,700

Sorry to break the bubble xD
    Its been broken, i suck at math dont worry, i was just guessing.

But still, i know the proc goes of any healer, but it deserves to go to a tank healer more than anyone else. The proc is only going to be powerful if you have multiple healers on the target with the proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizarre
    Its all one category. "Healers." Because paladins can raid heal now, with Beacon and Glyph of holy light. Sure we aren't as efficient as the other classes, but we can. As of now, we started loading our holy priest up with the shards. He is at 9 atm. Officers told me at the get go I was 2nd up. We shall see. Not too worried. Point of the matter is that SOMEONE has the mace in the raid and is running that bubble. Not more of stats and looking at the Ilevel. If that makes sense.
    Paladins shouldnt bother raid healing, when you have druids and priests, even chain heal, your spam flash of light everywhere isnt going to work in 25.

But see i you should of gotten the shards insted because you being a paladin heal tanks over everything, with stong and multiple heals. A paladin is endless in its healing spam, and thats what makes them good. So if you spam your heal with the mace over and over endlessly, you have a higher chance of procing than any other tank healer.

And once that proc is applied on the tank, every healer can heal him and make the bubble much more powerful than a priest using its proc on the raid for a what 1000 dmg absorb?

And once that proc is applied on the tank, every healer can heal him and make the bubble much more powerful than a priest using its proc on the raid for a what 1000 dmg absorb?
    You might want to read up on how the proc works.
    Because obviously you missed this: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...03512910&sid=1

Its been broken, i suck at math dont worry, i was just guessing.

But still, i know the proc goes of any healer, but it deserves to go to a tank healer more than anyone else. The proc is only going to be powerful if you have multiple healers on the target with the proc.
    Why would it go to tank healer? Tank healing is easy. People being out of range for raid healing and shit on cooldown is a problem. Your point is moot, it's not like MTs are dying because healers can't keep them up in the current content.

over healing from hots add to the bubble once it procs so if ur rolling hots on the tank its gonna build pretty quick

A paladin might provide a large barrier on a single target... but with all the HoTs a druid has, it will proc more often for them.

Yes, it has an ICD, but it still has to actually proc once that's over. A max hasted paladin would take an average of 10 seconds after the ICD expires to proc it if they're spamming Flash of Light, longer if spamming Holy Light. A druid can have multiple HoT ticks every second, it could proc an average of 5 seconds after the ICD expires or even less... say you have 2-3 rolling lifeblooms and then pop a Wild Growth as it comes off cooldown, it would proc almost immediately.

It's not a massive disparity, but neither is stacking the large barrier quickly on a single target, so any advantage that it offers to a paladin for raw throughput, it counters by offering more frequent procs for other healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sans
    You might want to read up on how the proc works.
    Because obviously you missed this: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...03512910&sid=1
    Oh man i see i thought the buff was giving TO the target that recieved the heal, not giving to the healer.

I understand it now

-When the weapon procs, the guy who is wielding the weapon gets a buff.
    -The buff can not proc from overhealing
    -When u got the buff, even overheals will make a shield

So I guess it should go to raid healers, as these are putting out the most HPS so they'll make the biggest shield

Tho loyalty>anything, give it to who deserves it but keep this in mind