Ret pally PVE max-dps spec

I have my current and favorite dps spec, here:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZEMzZVfrxrIuhdIfsu

And the one I was thinking about doing, here:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZEMd0bZVfbxbIuhdIfsu

The only difference really is that I lose Vindication, which you cant use against bosses/dont need for trash anyway, and the survivability and 1 min sacred shield would make my life so much easier, and 10% divine sacrifice is good tank cooldown.

Re: Ret pally PVE max-dps spec

The second one is what I think most people consider cookie cutter ret PvE at the moment. 4 of the points in prot are obviously optional, as they're only needed to get up to the next tier. It is really nice to have the minute duration on sacred shield.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

This is what I use for pure PvE-purposes:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sVVZV...uGdIfsu:0aozmc

Stormreaver.EU

Quote Originally Posted by Alensia

Why Intellect? Just wondering.

Wow, that spec is bad.
    All those points in holy could be much better spent in Prot for Raid utility.

Divine Sac + Divine Shield can make the difference between a kill and a wipe if timed right.
    Not to mention the effect of Divine Guardian; 1 minute 20% stronger SS is great.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala
    The second one is what I think most people consider cookie cutter ret PvE at the moment. 4 of the points in prot are obviously optional, as they're only needed to get up to the next tier. It is really nice to have the minute duration on sacred shield.
    This post is spot on. The points in Guardian's Favor and in this case, Anticipation, are filler to get down to Divine Guardian. I personally run with 4/5 Toughness, but it makes no difference really.

This.

That is exactly my spec if you look away from teh filler talents in prot tier 2 (or toughness) where it doesnt really matter where you put them. It is imo teh best spec to b raiding with.

Alensia, I would sugest you drop teh holy talents and Divine Purpose and use teh points in prot. Max Divinity, then get Divine Sacrifice and use 4 more points on whatever you want as fillers, then get Divine Guardian. Teh end result should look like this http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZE0z...uhdIfsu:0ao0mc wich is my current spec
    There is this thing called being so open-minded your brains fall out.

-Richard Dawkins

15+ Year Old Account

1. the prot/ret specc is best

2. why u ask wich 1 delivers most dps when none of the talents in either the prot or holy tree increases damage by even 1% eccept the 15% STR?

both delivers same DPS result while the Prot/ret specc delivers best and most raid utility
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

15+ Year Old Account

The extra talent points you have are for purely utility purposes.

-Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Deleted

I have one question regarding Aura Mastery...

Does this affect the 3% extra damage from Retribution Aura? And the 3% extra Haste?

If so you could add the Aura Mastery to the trinkets macro. Drop it on a BL and this would be the only real dps talent you would take from any tree other than Retribution.

The spec should look like this http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sVVzZ...uhdIfsu:0aozmc

Quote Originally Posted by zevah
    I have one question regarding Aura Mastery...

Does this affect the 3% extra damage from Retribution Aura? And the 3% extra Haste?

If so you could add the Aura Mastery to the trinkets macro. Drop it on a BL and this would be the only real dps talent you would take from any tree other than Retribution.

The spec should look like this http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sVVzZ...uhdIfsu:0aozmc
    Aura mastery only affects the untalented aura effects, so your ret aura will just do more damage
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedFate15
    since I'm a DK, I don't understand

Quote Originally Posted by Makis
    Divine Sac + Divine Shield can make the difference between a kill and a wipe if timed right.
    Okay. You absorb dmg equal to 160% of your maximum HP.
    Say you're at 25,000 HP raid buffed, Divine Sac. will absorb a total of 40000 HP.

Do u know how much 40000 HP (split in -30% dmg taken) is for a whole raid, on a raid "boss"?
    Nothing.

Don't get me wrong, i specced the skill and use it as well, but not because its awesome.
    Because there's nothing else to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakko
    Aura mastery only affects the untalented aura effects, so your ret aura will just do more damage
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Kishin
    Say you're at 25,000 HP raid buffed, Divine Sac. will absorb a total of 40000 HP.

Do u know how much 40000 HP (split in -30% dmg taken) is for a whole raid, on a raid "boss"?
    Nothing.

Don't get me wrong, i specced the skill and use it as well, but not because its awesome.
    This. The interesting thing about Divine Sac is that it's more effective in terms of damage transferred per person as fewer people are taking damage. It seems, in my opinion, to be a talent designed for arena pvp rather than for raiding. But what do I know.

I have gotten into the habit of just popping Divine Sac whenever I bubble (which is usually just before casting Hand of Sac on the tank in certain encounters). Even if I never used it, I'd still take it to get the longer duration on Sacred Shield.

Nothing.

when bubbled it will take 40% of the entire raids damage for the full time. It cuts off when 150% of your health is transfered to you, if you take no damage it doesnt cut off early. Worked great during XTs tantrums, especially before the nerf.

Deleted

Going into holy for 15% int and Aura Mastery is absolutely stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Digkilla
    when bubbled it will take 40% of the entire raids damage for the full time. It cuts off when 150% of your health is transfered to you, if you take no damage it doesnt cut off early. Worked great during XTs tantrums, especially before the nerf.

nothing more needs to be said. get divine sac and bubble while using it (i really love it when the server lag is so hard that you use it like you should with bubble but due to the lag when bubble ends you get the dmg regardless and die and get asked if your stupid ^^)

Quote Originally Posted by Digkilla
    Yup.

I don't know how anyone can say that effectively giving a mini-shield wall to absolutely everyone within 30 yards could not be worth taking.

And use bubble FIRST. If you pop bubble and then divine sanctuary, there are no risks on you and they will end together.

I know this can screw up the timing if you want to throw it in an emergency situation, but if the raid really need the damage protection, then you will die instantly.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by shiftynou
    This post is spot on. The points in Guardian's Favor and in this case, Anticipation, are filler to get down to Divine Guardian. I personally run with 4/5 Toughness, but it makes no difference really.
    4/5 Toughness is ideal for raiding Ulduar.... lots of Freezing and Slowing effects.

Nothing.

As said above, this won't cut off early when using Divine Shield. The way the mechanic works is that it absorbs damage equal to 160% health, however with DS up you take 0 damage (it does a check against DS first before eating your health).

I have gotten into the habit of just popping Divine Sac whenever I bubble (which is usually just before casting Hand of Sac on the tank in certain encounters).
    Divine Sacrifice and Hand of Sacrifice do not stack on the tank. You will absorb 40% of everyone else's damage, and 40% of the personal's damage.