odd self cast issue

I have a rather odd issue and was wondering if any of you have it as well. For ever I use alt to cast heals on myself. For example if I want to target myself for WG I hit alt and hit WG. Never had a problem before the most recent big patch.

Lately it’s been rather funky, if my target happens to be a dead person/mob alt doesn’t work at all and I get no cast what so ever. If my target is a player out of the instance (been testing things) it doesn’t work. I haven’t changed anything in my set up, still have alt set as my default cast on me button (at least it should be). I also can’t be 100% sure that if I am targeting the tank for example and need to WG me and those near me alt is working correctly.

Help! It's driving me nuts.

Re: odd self cast issue

Did you get new addons recently? Some of them will override the self-cast key you defined in your options.

Also, if you're using macros to cast, there might be a problem in the [target] priorities or conditions.

Other than that... you just mentioned WG, does it happen with other spells? It may be a bug only related to WG. (I'm not Resto so I just can't check that one).

There is a known bug where WG doesnt work properly with mouse-over macros (things like healbot/clique too) or self casting. Its to do with your target being out of range or LoS, hopefully it will be fixed in 3.2

Edit: I mean your actual target, not your mouse-over target.

i've had the same problem with healbot since the patch. It usually only happens when i'm trying to cast WG and i either have a dead mob targeted or my current target is out of range of my heals.

I have got into the habit of making sure that I either do not have a target selected or that my target is still in range of my abilities.