New Dalaran Arena

In general, Dalaran Arena is a pretty cool arena (coming from a mage who usually suffers with all the los issues), but the boxes are pretty much calling melee "Come abuse me".

I have an idea how you can make this arena fun for all classes, dps casters and melee.

The solution is:

Remove the boxes from the sides and place 1 pile of boxes that is constant in the center.
    Instead of the 2 box piles in the sides, you can put the waterfall on timer effect there.

This would keep all the features in place, but would prevent box abuse.

What do you guys think?

Re: New Dalaran Arena

i didnt know mages had los issues i get hit constantly in any arena through walls and pillars by arcane blast barrage and missles

15+ Year Old Account

I have to agree this arena is so screwed up as caster, and even more as being a Hunter, since we have a min. range from where we can shoot. Knowing this, the enemy sometimes stands on the exact perfect spot where you, as hunter either have to go and melee him, or jump down and hope he is retarded enough to not get out of you los again. :

Atleast casters can still make his/her cast at 0-5 yd's distance from the enemy.

Im melee and for sure - bozes are ok, but if i stand at 1st floor i cant hit guy who stands at top and this makes me rly crasy....its too long way around...

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

15+ Year Old Account

Nor can a Caster/Hunter if the enemy got atleast half a brain.

15+ Year Old Account

well melee has problems hiting u too if u dance around the pilar so it's fair if ure geting chased u can use it to your advantage
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by Bron
    If you change dalaran arena to favor the ranged then change ring of valor to favor the melee.
    RoV is great for retadins, dks and warriors.. so basically your only issue is for who? rogues and ferals?

dks can chain slow/dg you anywhere since its hard to get out of los, warriors can just party by charging non-stop,and retadins are always in los to stun and 1 shot any target.

rogues in theory would hate it, but with priests who can dispell/mana burn or with mages/lock that need the los to help nuke, its great.

ring of valor is so fucked up... the game starts and in literally 0.1 secs death and decay gets set on our starting space, if u lagg for 0.2 sec.. GG ((this is coming from a rogue))

Quote Originally Posted by stalix
    ring of valor is so fucked up... the game starts and in literally 0.1 secs death and decay gets set on our starting space, if u lagg for 0.2 sec.. GG ((this is coming from a rogue))
    Warriors cant charge in that area either. Everytime i have tried it eats my charge but i dont charge.

This is coming from a healer paladin.

Ring of Valor + a priest = aaaaaarrrrrrgh

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian
    I have to agree this arena is so screwed up as caster, and even more as being a Hunter, since we have a min. range from where we can shoot. Knowing this, the enemy sometimes stands on the exact perfect spot where you, as hunter either have to go and melee him, or jump down and hope he is retarded enough to not get out of you los again. :

Atleast casters can still make his/her cast at 0-5 yd's distance from the enemy.
    The minimum range for hunters was removed a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by smakis
    so hunters can shoot from melee range now?

no, which is what he was saying.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by smakis
    Yea, really..

Do some research. Hunters have a minimum range of 5 yard's. Long time ago they needed even more range, not sure how much it was again (10 yd's??) but they had a so called ''deadzone'' in which they couldn't melee nor use ranged attacks.