What is the best gold making profession

Could i get some suggestions - advice on what profession is the best money-maker. normally i never level my professions but i was just wondering if any of you has some good gold-making profession if you do. please share it thank you

Re: What is the best gold making profession

Mining/Skinning/Herbalism

Gearscore: A new way to see who fail at their class. 'Cause itemization is too hard... You need d/n-umbers.

Wazdakka

Minter/Forger

If you happen to be both, you can run both operations out of the same shed in your backyard!

Street Corner
    Lag - Network related. High server response time, stop downloading.
    Low FPS - Your computer can't keep up with the game - buy a better one

Dalaran doesn't lag (often) your pc just sucks.

RIP Paul Gray

Salvage bosses in Ulduar > Get Chopper parts > Make Chopper > Sell Chopper > Get Gold

edit: dat wut be engineering

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

just pick two gathering professions. people will ALWAYS need materials for stuff so that's your best choice if you're serious about needing to make money.

Enchanting: Just stand in cities asking fees, while watching TV -.-

Worst money maker: Inscription
    PLOX BAI MAI BOOS FOR 500g, but I wont buy your glyph over 10g LOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep
    Enchanting: Just stand in cities asking fees, while watching TV -.-

Worst money maker: Inscription
    PLOX BAI MAI BOOS FOR 500g, but I wont buy your glyph over 10g LOLOL
    Nobles card goes for around 1k each on my server and the whole deck for around 7k. so I wouldn't say it's the worst and it takes a hell of a lot less time to make one card then to fly around minning/herbing just to sell mats on AH
    Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
    God's in his heaven. All's right with the world.

In terms of gold/hour, on certain servers JC/Inscription will easily net you the most efficiency.  You buy all your mats off the AH and sell the products.  Using some addons to speed up posting and mail opening, you can earn multiple thousands of gold a day with 45-120min of work per day. 

This is very server dependent, based on relative and absoute costs of ore, herbs, gems, glyphs and cards.

Inscription itself is ridiculously lucrative on some servers.  In order to drive costs down there have to be multiple scribes who take the time to repost all the popular glyphs.  If your server lacks many of these dedicated scribes, prices can shoot up fast.  Also, without a lot of scribes making glyphs, herb demand isn't too high so you can buy your herbs cheap as well. 

Then all the snowfall ink you make on the side (when producing Ink of the Sea for glyphs) can be turned into cards at the end of the month.  Basically since you made pure profit using most of the Ink of the Sea for glyphs, you didn't pay anything for the Snowfall ink for the Cards you make. The only cost you eat on your cards is the Eternal life and Ink of the Sea which is small in comparison.

Really depends on your server economy, there was a point where I could buy stacks of Chalacedony / Huge Citrine / Bloodstone / Sun Crystal for under 40 g each, and eternal erfs for 5 g each. I would JC all of the lvl 70 green Items with those mats, and then DE everything. The enchanting mats sold for around 5 g per dust and 18g per greater essesnce (you get 1 or 2 dust or 1 or 2 lesser essence per DE).

So while these were the prices, it took me 2g 50s to sell something (with no AH put-up price mind you) for 5 to 12 gold.

I made about 6000 g in 2 days, about an hour a day until people caught on and the prices stabilized somewhat (you can still make some money doing it, just the margin has lowered)

Or I have made a lot of money prospecting Ore (buy when saronite is less than 15g/stack) and making the pricey cuts, and use the green gems to do the aforementioned tactic.

(Note: you need enchanting and JC, which are difficult to lvl together, I had mining before JC and just backfarmed most of the JC leveling mats over 3 days)

Deleted

Guy in my guild is a JC/Alch and currently has 60k gold, he said he has spent loads and his total gold aquired is 250k goldish. Most people I know who are JC are also going fairly well too.

Im Lw/Skinner and have 10k atm + mammoth, doing fine, not really trying, but must confess made alot of that gold from selling buff food + fish lols.

So I say Cooking and Fishing XD

FISHING!

I keep getting those stormjewels which sell real nicely plus I got a few blue gems in a lockbox today. I also got my pet now I just need my fishing hat :P