Best PvP Shadow P spec.

Can anyone please link me the best spec for a Shadow Priest.

Many Thanks
    Banned.

antifreeze

Re: Best PvP Shadow P spec.

sohard to read talents yeah!

'The best spec' is quite a relative term. It really comes down to what setup or environment you're playing. I.e. sometimes you will want a lot of crit and sometimes you will want high DoT.

This build is considered to be somewhat close to an 'all-round' PvP spec, fit for most PvP stages:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bxI0uZZ0efbRfkffqfkNo

Personally I have dropped a couple of points in shadow for Imp. mana burn, which allows me to get a healer oom while my mage partner peels DPS'ers off me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aureact
    'The best spec' is quite a relative term. It really comes down to what setup or environment you're playing. I.e. sometimes you will want a lot of crit and sometimes you will want high DoT.

This build is considered to be somewhat close to an 'all-round' PvP spec, fit for most PvP stages:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bxI0uZZ0efbRfkffqfkNo

Personally I have dropped a couple of points in shadow for Imp. mana burn, which allows me to get a healer oom while my mage partner peels DPS'ers off me.
    Wow ty that's AMAZING.

I will do that
    Banned.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bxIbu0hZZ0efrRfkbfofkAo

I use this for my 3s and well everything. Shadow power is pretty lackluster as your dots already crit at 100%(If they crit...) critting a mb/mf or swd doesn't happen nearly often enough to make it worthwhile. Feel free to move 2 points from silent resolve to imp mana burn, i don't find it amazingly useful now that it's been brought to 10% before resil. Just my opinion though /shrug. Up to you in the end.

I don't understand how it can be that hard to read the talents by yourself and test the talents. That's how most of these people have done. :-[

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeves
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bxIbu0hZZ0efrRfkbfofkAo

I use this for my 3s and well everything. Shadow power is pretty lackluster as your dots already crit at 100%(If they crit...) critting a mb/mf or swd doesn't happen nearly often enough to make it worthwhile. Feel free to move 2 points from silent resolve to imp mana burn, i don't find it amazingly useful now that it's been brought to 10% before resil. Just my opinion though /shrug. Up to you in the end.
    I too feel that shadow power is pointless and to forget about crit (for pvp)... if you're doing that then 2 points in mind melt is wasted, you're better to put it into imp mana burn.

I also don't think P&S is worth it for PvP... you rarely have the chance to cycle MFs through your SW:P targets to ensure it is refreshed... 30% less SW backlash is nice but the idea is to cast this to kill someone in which case you don't take backlash. I think use those 3 points to get imp Fort and max Twisted Faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    I too feel that shadow power is pointless and to forget about crit (for pvp)... if you're doing that then 2 points in mind melt is wasted, you're better to put it into imp mana burn.

I also don't think P&S is worth it for PvP... you rarely have the chance to cycle MFs through your SW:P targets to ensure it is refreshed... 30% less SW backlash is nice but the idea is to cast this to kill someone in which case you don't take backlash. I think use those 3 points to get imp Fort and max Twisted Faith.
    Problem with that is my spec lists a perfect 51 point shadow spec. Moving points out of shadow into disc is impossible. Sure P&S is mehish but saving the mana of reapplying swp once and awhile when you're not being trained is nice AND. Swd is used to break sheeps and other on damage break ccs. No reason to take more damage than you need to in that case. In a perfect world swd would kill them everytime but sometimes not the case and you take some backlash. Happens. As for moving them to maybe focus mind or something out of mind melt well. If i'm oom it's not from mb/mind flay spamming. Reducing the cd on mb further is also kind of iffy as you don't get many opportunities to hard cast enough spells let alone popping more mind blasts. Just my outlook on the matter anyway!

Plus. I like the look of filled out talents more than partials so i like to avoid it when i can. Makes me twitch with ocd.

I can't disagree with that logic (re: SW backlash, SW:P refresh)... I just feel that for 3 points it's probably not worth the cost (pvp wise)... I guess it's a personal style type thing.

Those 3 points can be better used elsewhere imo... probably also depends if you're playing double dps (on average shorter games) or playing with heals or 3s, 5s (longer games).

I was wondering if anyone has tried something like this??? Not the conventional but gives ya an oh shit button if you macro divine heal POM and shield. Also 10% more dmg reduction for spells what ya think??

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    I can't disagree with that logic (re: SW backlash, SW:P refresh)... I just feel that for 3 points it's probably not worth the cost (pvp wise)... I guess it's a personal style type thing.

Those 3 points can be better used elsewhere imo... probably also depends if you're playing double dps (on average shorter games) or playing with heals or 3s, 5s (longer games).
    I'll agree there, in a 2s setting you probably get little to no casting off. I've avoided 2s completely and in 3s i run with a druid and rogue, so with the cc potential i can actually get a few flays off here and there. So for 2s i guess i can see where you're coming from. There are some personal preference points as with anyone, i wonder if the op is even reading this thread anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Healthis
    I was wondering if anyone has tried something like this??? Not the conventional but gives ya an oh shit button if you macro divine heal POM and shield. Also 10% more dmg reduction for spells what ya think??
    How would macroing 3 spells that trigger GCDs be even remotely useful... and thats not to mention divine hymn requiring you to channel the spell for a decent period of time.

And what's this 10% damage reduction? Are you talking about the spell warding talent? If so what talents in first teir of holy are worth 5 points to open up access to spell warding?

I'm not sure you thought your post through tbh.

Sorry forgot to post link of talents..

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bxcZ0EzZ0trrofkcfqfkAo

As for all them having one gcd each it just lets you spam a button on the move.

I didn't mean diving hymn either was thinking desperate prayer!

Depends on what your arena setup is, when it comes to arena PvP that is. I use this spec:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bxIMzhhZZ0efbRfkbfqfkVo

It serves me well even in W-PvP or BG enviroments and I never miss any of the abilities I chose not to spent any points in.

what is this shadow pvp that u speak of?
    Quote Originally Posted by forumfail
    The ensuing debate is so exciting and necessary that I can't stop punching myself in the dick
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    i'd expect the US average to be something obese
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Irdaq/advanced

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by irdaq
    what is this shadow pvp that u speak of?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!