Thread: Rend

Rend

so i noticed while lving my warrior today that if i rended without BS on it would do less damage than rend with BS on (which is expected), but the weird thing was that it wouldnt scale up when i cast rend then BS ( ie increasing my atk power after casting rend). Is this a bug or working as intended? Does this also mean that you refresh rend after trinket procs, regardless of clipping it etc?

Re: Rend

The damage of rend gets calculated with the stats you have at the cast.

Meaning if you got 1000 AP at the moment, it will calculate from that.
    And if you have 2500 AP at the moment, it will calculate from that.

However, increasing your AP while Rend is applies doesn't change it's damage.

It is working as intended.

Someone correct me if im wrong, but im quite sure that all DoT's have thier power determined at the time of casting and will retain that power until the DoT wears off.

So if you want a powerful rend, get all AP'ed up, then use it, even when your AP trinkets finish, the rend will continue to tick at that power.
    There is no agro reset..

so is it worth it to recast rend when you get a trinket proc(like greatness or mirror etc)?

Quote Originally Posted by sah303136
    so is it worth it to recast rend when you get a trinket proc(like greatness or mirror etc)?
    how much damage would that gain you on a rend per rage compared to something else... spread sheet it!

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

most spells take the spell damage and ap from the moment you cast and use that

stacking spells take the spell damage from the last spell, this was done due to some problems with lifebloom
    if im not mistaken another exeption is searing totem wich uses the spell damage you have at the moment the totem casts a bolt

refreshing a spell will use the new ap or sp values you have at the moment of casting

Quote Originally Posted by Serai
    most spells take the spell damage and ap from the moment you cast and use that

stacking spells take the spell damage from the last spell, this was done due to some problems with lifebloom
    if im not mistaken another exeption is searing totem wich uses the spell damage you have at the moment the totem casts a bolt

refreshing a spell will use the new ap or sp values you have at the moment of casting
    this.