Thread: PvP Hit Cap

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

PvP Hit Cap

Whats the hit cap for pvp? Some people are telling me I should get 5% so I don't miss specials and some say I don't need any hit for PVP and some say I should go for the poison hit cap of 315.

Re: PVP HIT CAP

5%

Quote Originally Posted by Gwahire
    5%
    Wrong, get around 6-7% hit chance and your save most of the time for pvp

Rogue community: the thing that makes us OP is a combination of 130 energy and overkill, not mutilate damage.

Ghostretard: Nah, we'll cut the balls off mutilate, lawl

Rogue community:...................

Ghostretard: We're happy where rogues are in PvP

Ghostretard: Wait, NM we'll also nerf overkill now and give you absolutely no fucking compensation while deathtards and retnubs still do gross amounts of damage with better defensive capabilities.

15+ Year Old Account

General rule is 5%, 7% agains't nelfs.

And more agains't sertain classes/speccs, but do not aim any higher then 7% ..
    tho it's not really needed to get more then 5%.
    --

And rather live with loosing 1 out of 200 games or w/e agains't nelfs instead because of RNG and blind missing in a needed situation etc.
    --

=)
    Once you go troll, you'll never reroll.
    To bad I'm an undead! ~ Tøffelladden

Quote Originally Posted by Roar

And more agains't sertain classes/speccs, but do not aim any higher then 7% ..
    tho it's not really needed to get more then 5%.
    --

And rather live with loosing 1 out of 200 games or w/e agains't nelfs instead because of RNG and blind missing in a needed situation etc.
    --

=)

almost every pvp specced class has a 2-4% less chance to be hit and stuff, 7%+ is always the best imo.

Rogue community: the thing that makes us OP is a combination of 130 energy and overkill, not mutilate damage.

Ghostretard: Wait, NM we'll also nerf overkill now and give you absolutely no fucking compensation while deathtards and retnubs still do gross amounts of damage with better defensive capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius
    Wrong, get around 6-7% hit chance and your save most of the time for pvp
    he asked what the hitcap is for pvp... which IS 5%. Certain talents increase that to 6-7% yes, but the general rule is still that the cap is 5%. Personally I use 171 hit rating, not entirely sure what that is in % at the moment.. but its above 5% at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwahire
    he asked what the hitcap is for pvp... which IS 5%. Certain talents increase that to 6-7% yes, but the general rule is still that the cap is 5%. Personally I use 171 hit rating, not entirely sure what that is in % at the moment.. but its above 5% at least.
    there is no fucking pvp hit cap, that term is pve only! to be save in pvp you need 7%-+

General rule is 5%, 7% agains't belfs.

fix'd
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ascal
    fix'd
    Belfs.. sorry what? Did I miss something ?

Nelfs got a racial called:
    Quickness Racial Passive
    Reduces the chance that melee and ranged attackers will hit you by 2%.

melee and ranged attacks is the only hit cap stuff we as rogues need to worry about, so what about belfs ;p?
    --

and Sicarius to be safe yes get 7%, but you only need it agains't Nelfs and sertain speccs such as prots/frost (Edit, and other mut/sub rogues generally from Heightened senses or w/e it is called), and therefore overall it ain't worth gimping damage over hit.

Ofc if you got the gear avaible, w/o gimping stats sure by all means.. But don't GEM for hit, that's a rule I'm trying to follow if possible.

If you check most of the top rogues in the arena brackets, very few (if anyone at all) got higher then 5%.
    Once you go troll, you'll never reroll.
    To bad I'm an undead! ~ Tøffelladden

5% hit chance is meant to be for pvp , but im having ~ 240 hit rate atm as sub/shdance spec and its surely more than 5%.

Problem is , i see miss quite often , miss on ambush - leave arena ;/ ( that wasnt Nelf )

so maybe that 5% or even 7 % its not accurate ?
    He Had died of natural causes - because a dagger in the heart naturally kills you.

Get as much as you can, I don't want you not getting hit by my aura ;[

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Piscesthepally
    Get as much as you can, I don't want you not getting hit by my aura ;[
    PVP hit cap for Special attacks = 5%

Each class has the ability to increase that, frost mages can by another 5% through talents, most others 1% - 2%.
    Generally, you only need 5% hit cap for pvp, going higher is situational at best and wasting dps(stats) on most other classes.

have 7% and you will be happy... 5% doesn't do the trick

goin for 7% u will be always certain that ur special attacks don't miss PLUS its not goig to waste as u get more white hits with it.but more than 7% is a waste..

230 hit rating would be 7% i think aim for that

You guise are alot nicer then the shammy forums lol, I went thar, and they instalocked me and directed me to the search engine instead of writing 5% lol
    The Korgar
    Dentarg

-Fair enough. Give each of them a tank.
    -Even the mentally handicapped?
    -Especially the mentally handicapped.

-Herr General Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius
    Sinders are you fucking retarded? How can you cry about rogues mobilty? you a pala is by far 1 of the best classes to nulify their mobility. JoJ, Dispells, Stuns, Freedom... come on man l2p.

If anything rogue needs a 50% passive survivabilty increase buff, vanish 2 sec immunity, cos 100% and shs as 11 talenter for sub.
    HELL YEAH THEY DO!!1

lol i read that thread while trying to find the hit rating needed for my shammy in 2v2 :P

Enough said.
    Haters always gonna, 'Hate'.

just get 7% and you be fine.

5% is the pvp hit cap, but as said before you need 7% for your poisons to hit nelfs.

Tauren, Nightelfs AND Bloodelfs, tbh. [Each have 2% to nature and BE has 2% to spells in general.]

It's 5% before racials. 7% after, you cannot cover talents with hit. You could have 20% hit and you will still sometimes miss against classes/specs with particular talents. So pretty much aim for the 7% cap and you're good.