Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Feral Druids - The Cat Guide. 3.1 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    Even though starts at a certain point (which I can't remember) Def becomes better than agil as far as dodge, but it's still not going to give you crit chance. Agil DOES NOT give AP in bear form. Someone pointed this out to me a while ago and it's something that people (including myself) can forget.
    that value isnt obtainable atm doubt it even will be with T9. its something like 2100 Agi from the old calculations.

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    that value isnt obtainable atm doubt it even will be with T9. its something like 2100 Agi from the old calculations.
    I thought 2300...still ridic.

Not only that but Agility will still be better because of the crit/armor it gives imo.

Not like we'll see 2300 w/out procs anytime till 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Khraeme
    um, idk if id say agi>dodge, but yes SOME ulduar is BIS for both dps/tank...bracers from flame, cloak from general, a ring or something, but having a strong tank set is better then using a dps set for tanking. U can have a ton of dodge in dps gear, but ur hp wont be close to having gems/enchants and larger stam heavy items that will allow u to take a few big hits in a rare case.

being as this is the kitty thread, ill stop about tanking. but in regards to the enchants, how often does exectutioner proc compared to mongoose/beserking, and which of mongoose/berserking is better?
    All are ppm. Executioner and Mongoose has a 1.5ppm and Berserking has a 1.2ppm. TBH its pretty close to having it proc then 40-45secs later it procing again.

Mongoose vs Berserking. Unbuffed stats. Points taken from EJ.

Agil = 1.53dps points
    AP = 0.61dps Points

120agil*1.53 = 183.6
    400ap*0.61 = 244

Berserking is better.

I still am optimistic that Executioner is a better weap enchant then Berserking with more stacking of arp.

so mabye untill ur higher up with ArP, use beserking, once u get a crap ton of ArP, u can go executioner?

With the upcoming cap I don't think you would want to go Executioner, any points over the cap become useless.

I've been seeing a lot of people advising Massacre over Berserking because Predatory Strikes does apply to Massacre but not Berserking. Massacre is also a static value rather then a proc which would make make bad RNG less of an issue.

Toskk agrees with Massacre. Nightcrowler and Rawr agrees with Berserking.

So what's the deal?

how often is the beserking proc up...say its up 50% the fight, it would make it better then massacre, right? other wise, massacre would be better....or something of that nature

i use mongoose now, bc its still my tank wep, but i see it proc quit often as dps....is there any way to monitor how long i have a buff up like that, an addon or something? thanks

There's an addon called ProcWatch, don't know if it works any more, as it is long ago i used it (in TBC to monitor some trinket procs). But back then it was nice.
    Accept and Adapt!

the difference is negligible as far as i'm concerned =P

Changed from boomkin to kitty a few days ago and find it so more interesting so far. And even though I still got better boomkin gear I'm very close to beating my own dps as cat.

Read through all the previous posts pretty fast and couldn't find an answer for my question. I'm going with this specc for more utility and I find myself swiping quite alot, not only on trash (Freya, Thorim etc). I'm still learning how to play and I dont use FB as much as I should. Is the 4 points in Feral Aggression really worth it, 12% more damage to FB?

Morphed from owl to cat and /purred ever since.

15+ Year Old Account

FA is more of a filler for spare points that cant go into other things to up your dps. once you get enogh crit you will beable to weave a FB into your dps every 40-50 sec

That's exactly my point. Sacrifice 30% more damage on swipe and a survival cd for 12% damage increase on an ability you use once every 40-50 sec (maybe a little bit more often)?

Morphed from owl to cat and /purred ever since.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by rojau
    That's exactly my point. Sacrifice 30% more damage on swipe and a survival cd for 12% damage increase on an ability you use once every 40-50 sec (maybe a little bit more often)?
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...0&version=9901

only sacrifices Survival instinct and feral charge. although depend on how much movement some fights need 1 point in FC would give more than 1 poin in FA

My problem with Ferocious Bite is that if you don't crit then it's just a waste of 5 combo points. A non-critting FB is barely better than a shred. Call me closed minded but I never use it unless the mob is going to die in 10 seconds and I have full bleeds + SR + mangle on the target and enough energy to make it worthwhile.

Here goes my dream set. /fapfapfap
    http://www.chardev.org/?template=187677
    /discuss?

Quote Originally Posted by Ontis
    /discuss?
    4pc T8 > 2pc T7
    12 hit + 12 crit chance is better on boots
    set bonus on legs doesn't help on DPS so just gem for agil

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    4pc T8 > 2pc T7
    12 hit + 12 crit chance is better on boots
    set bonus on legs doesn't help on DPS so just gem for agil
    With the gear listed there I'm already hit capped. And I doubt 12 crit is better than 32 AP.\
    Also please explain me why 4T8 > 2T72T8

Quote Originally Posted by Ontis
    /discuss?
    wouldnt the t8.5 head/gloves be better 2 piece combo due to large ArP, and also gemming ArP would be better then agi??

this was talked about b4, being ArP is worth a lot more now

Quote Originally Posted by Khraeme
    wouldnt the t8.5 head/gloves be better 2 piece combo due to large ArP, and also gemming ArP would be better then agi??

this was talked about b4, being ArP is worth a lot more now
    You see, there are 2 Gods in this world. The God of ArP+Shred and the God of Agi+Rip.
    I worship the second one.

but dont u want shred to crit alot to hit the 5CP rips asap??

Ofc. But I'm not aiming on maxxing my shred dmg, instead of that I rely on more Rip dmg.