Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Feral Druids - The Cat Guide. 3.1 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Kerima
    This could be fairly useful for some druids for Rotations

http://www.unbearably.net/blogfiles/simplecatdps.jpg
    that just made my day

Im new to kitty dps (lvl 76 atm). And what I'm wondering is arm. pent. actually a stat we want now or did I miss read the first post.

If so would gearing for arm.pent>agi>str be the way to go?

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

i had to lol
    but its quite handy for feral druids aswell

srsness combined with fun

This is epic, lol
    You are now breathing manually.

Not sure if this belongs here but i wanted to know if i am in a sensible Spot to Swap out Gems to ArP
    Armory:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...rsturm&n=Enjun

I would also like to know if it is more of a Dps loss to be slightliy above or below the Caps for Expertise and Hit.

For some reason Armory won't calculate your ArPen at all. Just do the maths yourself. Check in-game or add up what every piece of gear gives you and if you're in the 200-220 range then you can start gemming ArPen.

As for Hit/Exp, I would personally say "slightly under". And by that I mean maybe 1% or less. We're not as dependant on this since we get some energy refunded, but being capped really helps out smooth our rotation and prevents some F-ups. (i.e. At 4 CP, use Shred assuming it will land, follow up quickly with Rip only to find out your Shred did not land...) Dunno if there's a consensus about this, it's just how I feel about the stats.

k the talentspec i choose is this on
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0ZErM...uAkbAczb:VpmVM
    no imp swipe since swipe is only important if u want to top overall dps (not important imo) rest is pretty straightforward
    my opinion on imp lotp is already stated in the bear guide ;p

P.S. i'd love to c some ppl's wws from ulduar for comparison to check how i'm doing and it's easier to c what spec's better then another

cheers
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by Enjun
    Not sure if this belongs here but i wanted to know if i am in a sensible Spot to Swap out Gems to ArP
    Armory:

I would also like to know if it is more of a Dps loss to be slightliy above or below the Caps for Expertise and Hit.
    based on looking at ur gear, which seems to be fine, id say u can start going ArP...and get an enchant on ur chest!!

It is in the Region you mentioned but i think i will fall under 50% Crit if i swap out all Gems. Or ist the 50% after Raidbuffs, so with tking into account HoW/SoE. I also thougt if it would be an improvement to take the Trinket from Heroic DrakTharon instead of Loathebs Shadow becaus of the on use Armor Pen, but this would also cost me a good chunk of Crit.

i thikn its 50% crit after raid buffs...but i can be wrong, anyone know for sure? if ur unsure tho ejun...maybe keep ur 27 agi gems, and go ArP for the rest...so u stay a little higher on crit....im sitting at like 244 ArP ungemmed, and like 50% crit raid buffed....i def see an inc in dps with the ArP, and my crits are constant...play around with it, see what u like best

Pask, can you expand the Agility vs. Armor penetration discussion slightly to give your opinions of the best gems to complete meta requirements and make the point Kitties should gem for Meta activation and put a red gem in every other socket because no socket bonus gives us enough of an extra boost to make gemming for bonuses worthwhile as a kitty.

50% crit selfbuffed

For me is:

+6 all stats to activate a meta in an equip piece with agility bonus.
    +16 arpen on everything else.
    Use shred idol.

Try to take both grim toll and 10-men ulduar arpen stone.

Profit!

For a discussion about it and gear ranking you can look at my post on ej-forum:
    http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t49702-f...mulation_tool/

I think it's 50% crit against bosses raid buffed you want to be aiming for so that's 54.8% crit on your char sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Solux
    Pask, can you expand the Agility vs. Armor penetration discussion slightly to give your opinions of the best gems to complete meta requirements and make the point Kitties should gem for Meta activation and put a red gem in every other socket because no socket bonus gives us enough of an extra boost to make gemming for bonuses worthwhile as a kitty.
    What else is there to expand on? I thought I covered everything in there. My opinion doesnt really matter because my opinion is whatever does the most damage lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightcrowler
    For me is:

+6 all stats to activate a meta in an equip piece with agility bonus.
    +16 arpen on everything else.
    Use shred idol.

Try to take both grim toll and 10-men ulduar arpen stone.

Profit!

For a discussion about it and gear ranking you can look at my post on ej-forum:
    http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t49702-f...mulation_tool/
    Yeup before i was a JCer I have 6 stats and then 16 strength for every other socket. Only difference is im a JCer now so i get 3 27 armpen gems and dont have to use a 6 stats

So let me understand this...

We're going to 50% crit unbuffed and 220 ArPen without any Agil or Arpen gems? If we can achieve this then we should switch to ArPen?

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    So let me understand this...

We're going to 50% crit unbuffed and 220 ArPen without any Agil or Arpen gems? If we can achieve this then we should switch to ArPen?
    Neg. The general aiming point is 50%. Once you get 50% crit then you are ready to gem armor pen. If you can get 220 armor pen while keeping 50% crit then you're gtg. If you can't then you'd get more dps gem for gem by gemming Agility instead of armor pen. Unlike Agility armor pen doesn't have DR and thus only gets better the more you get of it.

something to add:

Never use Ferocious Bite during Beserk!
    Either a) refresh your rip/sroar
    or b) save the combo pts for after the zerk

this is because the damage/energy for shred is always more than FB when zerk is up!

Quote Originally Posted by Enjun
    Armory:

i would say no on the arp switch. i wouldnt switch to arp till t8 or greater

EDIT: also OP offers a lot of good information but the claim that reaching 220 arp makes it better than agility is false. the relative dps values each stat gives you is very complicated and how much arp you need in order for it to be more valuable than agility is based off all of your stats. use rawr, import your character from the armory, and check to see if rawr values arp greater than agility for your gear.

So i'm hit-capped now (after a lucky evening in Naxx %)), look here.
    The problem is t7 2pieces bonus, i have 3 pieces in bank: legs, arms and cuirass... So should i use 2 of them or leave them and wait for me second piece of t8?
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!