Thread: Hungering Cold

Hungering Cold

I'm not certain the CC aspect is valuble in pvp. I've not seen any pvp arena videos of DK's with Hungering Cold Tipping the scales of a conflict, or have I been able to manage to do this myself in any of the practice arena's I've done with my friend and I, training to do arena's.

Maybe It's the range of the CC. Or when it can be used. Maybe it's the fact that it breaks too easily, or there is no real bonus for the frost fever that gets applied, since frost fever doesn't really do much damage in pvp. It seems like a little bit of everything.

I think Hungering Cold needs to see some buffs.

1). You can use it while CCed.
    2). Instead of having it COST runic Power (Even with the Glyph), it should DRAIN your victims life force, and either restore you Life, or Runic power, depending on how how long they stay in hungering cold.

Reason why I'm giving no numbers, is because I don't want my idea evaluated on the numbers, but just the raw idea im putting out. Right now, Hungering Cold is STILL not very interesting to use. And that's the main issue here. I want it to be an exciting button to press. And it really......is quite the opposite.

Re: Hungering Cold

Hungering Cold has always been meh, but I wouldn't expect to see it buffed/changed anytime soon. They were pretty adamant about leaving it like this in beta.

well it was buffed to the middle of the tree

but thats probably as good a buff you will see

a no cost aoe cc isnt the worst thing if its coordinated
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

The funny thing is that all ranged would be ready to sell there kid sister for a spell like hc. Its the perfect getaway/setup nuke/help/cc spell, but for a melee its just very uninteresting. If I remember right it was in the beginning of either alpha or beta that forststrike and hb would be 100% crit or 2x damage or something like that against forzen targets so there was a very nice reason to use hc to allow a burstdown, but it was removed because they or the whole bring the player + they wanted to avoid frost mage+forst dk being the new spriest+lock.

I can see 2 solutions to hc but they might not be very balanced.
    1: Make frost more rangy so the fighting style is based around bb, icytouch and death coil. This ofc fucks up everything in the whole forst tree and would be very unblanced but it would fix the lack luster feel.
    2: Change the basic mechanic of hc like make it targetable from 20yard range, give it a massive like 50% attack speed slow to avoid making dk the 5 class with a disarm or something else that would be usefull for a melee.

We ofc also just wait and do nothing and look at what we got and why it feel lack luster. Pretty sure most would agree that its 80% pvp could maybe be used in solo questing and abit in dungeons but mostly pvp. It got all the restrictions because it can hit any amount of people but since the "real" pvp is in the 2v2 and 3v3 its not that much of an advantedge. So if pvp get abit more balanced and people start getting resi capped then 5v5 might be an option and then hc could realy shine and we would not have to do anything.

Still I dont think its ever going to be a coll button to press, not matter how frustrating we all know cc can be ist not cool to fear/sheep/cyclone people, hitting them with a giant sword for 50% of there hp is cool, blowing up a sheep with a pyro is cool but no matter how usefull and happy people can be about healing/cc/tanking its rarly as fun for most people as blowing stuff up.

meh, its fairly useful CC that doesnt share Dr with a lot of things. its not great, but people dont go frost for HC, just like they dont go unholy for anti-magic zone. its useful for saving your healer or for being part of a chain CC lock down, and thats really enough.
    all hail king frost strike

Wont be buffed.
    Fine as it is.
    Correction -
    Damn good in good hands.
    A Possible replacement for Archimonde. Beware all ye landlubbers.

Guess what? l2improvise, bichiz.

I ran out of lulz with Hungering Cold in a single WSG.

In horde flag room, it's been 2 hours, we want to win, so me and the other 2 alliance DKs use Army of the Dead... low and behold 3 horde DKs are there and do the same.

Me and the horde frost hungering cold at the same time.

THere's about 100 popsicles in the horde flag room. Didnt get a chance to screencap it as I almost disconnected -.-

you guys confuse me, hungering cold is really really good. I got to 2k in both 2s and 3s based entierly on cc chains starting with focus deathgrip(healer) > hungering cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Kekezor
    Wont be buffed.
    Fine as it is.
    Correction -
    Damn good in good hands.
    Exactly as he says.

HC is what makes Frost a better choice than UH. The extra CC is everything to make the kill.

Imagine HC as an AoE blind that adds a DoT on the target and slows their movement/attack speed all in 1 button.
    -Chillblains + Icy Talons (if some people don't understand what I mean by movement/attack speed reduction)

I can't believe some of this stuff. "Hungering Cold has always been meh," Really? Meh?

Some uses:

- To keep a Rogue from getting the jump on your healer, stand slightly in front of your heal to bait, wait till the sap, wait half a second, then hungering cold to stop the rogue in their tracks.

- Stop a melee(or even DG a ranged) wailing on you long enough for your healer to get you back up. Especially if your healer is CC'd.

- Another stun to stop an opponent from casting... especially if it's a Priest trying to mana drain your healer.

- Freeze a healer long enough to burn down the DPS.

- Applies Frost Fever. Doesn't sound so special? Well, follow me here, IT>PS>BS>BS>OB>Rune Refresh CD>OB>OB>OB>HC>FS>FS>FS>FS. You want burst dmg on command? Heck, even toss UA and trinks in there for even for DMG.

Those are just a few examples. But yeah! You're totally right! Other than screwing up an opponent's opener, saving your healer, saving yourself, stopping a cast, and applying frost fever, it's totally "meh". What a bland talent :'(