Thread: Runed Orbs?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Runed Orbs?

I wish I could get them for any less than 2.5k on Thunderlord A.

Checked the AH quick last night and they were about 2.8k on Alliance side. Can't wait for the price to drop -_-.
    [/url]

800-1000 on Malfurion US, its nice

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Between 1500 and 2000 on Grim Batol EU alliance. Friend of mine sold one (he bought his first from Emblems, when he couldn't use them for anything) for around 10k gold. He was damn happy

Sold three for 2.5k each. They were selling at 4k just a few nights ago.
    I expect them to continue the sharp drop in price once people figure out how much money is being thrown around on these. Lots of my guildies have spare badges and want in on the action.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Figoment
    12000g but there never more then 1 on the AH people get kicked out of guilds for selling them
    this one made me lol. people get kicked out of guilds for selling things they could buy for emblems of conquest?

at my server the first one was in the AH for ~4,500, but actually they average 1500g

btw... ours go for DKP, and since you have to "pay" quite much for them (DKP worth up to ten days of raiding), it would be simply stupid to sell them in the AH. since if I want the resulting ~9k gold for 10 days of raiding which is equal to 2,5 weeks (4 raid days a week) => 18 days of playing... I farm more then 9k gold in 18 days, I actually don't need to really mean it... i mean... 500g/day is not that kind of a problem...

Haxx0r

Quote Originally Posted by LovelySyl
    How much are runed orbs in the AH for u guys?
    On my server in the AH it goes for 3.5k...
    Easy answer - take 3 seconds to make a toon on a different server and go check yourself instead of wasting forum space. Kthxbai

They go for 1k on my server, mostly because it's full of casuals who don't really bother to craft items.

15+ Year Old Account

Was about 10 up the first 2 weeks of Ulduar for 185g, the 3rd week they went up to 2kg a pop. . . I wish i bought them earlier =[

Usually between 1000 - 1300g although when people put up stacks of 4 or more they are usually 1500 each.

1200 ~~ USA Frostmane Ally

15+ Year Old Account

my realm (and guild.. oups you havent heard that) suck..
    havent seen 1 on the auction house lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia
    Was about 10 up the first 2 weeks of Ulduar for 185g, the 3rd week they went up to 2kg a pop. . . I wish i bought them earlier =[
    omgawd!

~1200 on Gurubashi

Around 1500g. Save your gold, they'll be cheap in probably another month or less.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

1000g on Mug'thol, although it can fluctuate a lot. Objectively, it really doesn't make sense to make these items now for an Ulduar-raiding char from individually-purchased orbs:

1) If you really need the item for guild progression, your guild can make it for you from guild-farmed or guild-purchased orbs.
    2) If you don't need the item for guild progression, then it makes sense to wait for orb prices to drop as the market supply balances itself out with demand. Similar example? Prices of Books of Glyph Mastery on *most* servers.

Therefore the only real situation I see them useful:
    3) If you need the item for an alt/lower-tier raiding main because you don't have access to it from raiding, then it makes sense to buy if you are swimming in gold. It allows you to artificially boost your characters progression beyond what it would normally get from raiding on its own. This only makes sense if you are more easily/efficiently able to make gold (e.g. AH) with your time than raid.

For these people, its only a matter of weighing your personal ease of making gold and desire for the item, with the prices on your server. Personally I don't see these items being remotely worth it until 1k gold an orb is reached. (~6-8k per item, making it on par with Nobles deck costs)

I'm leaving for the summer and when I come back I predict they will be about 200g each. Basically, hold on to your gold.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scilla&n=Wenger