Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: Hypermodes Guide to Pug Raidleading

Quote Originally Posted by tlitd
    • dps casters reach 1700 SP (completely unbuffed) without a single ilvl 213+ item
    • the only melee spec/class able to reach 4000 AP (completely unbuffed) are HAT rogues, assuming no ulduar gear is available

basically, you are asking for naxx10-geared dps casters and ulduar25-geared melee dps

lowered the requirements abit, dunno why you aint seeing the updated version of the thread

I think it is strange how negatively you all react to this. He is just being honest. If i would lead a pug raid, avoiding people with similar needs, as long as it does not lower the chance of success, is something almost everybody would do.

Maybe the wording on the "ninjaing" part was wrong, but again, i do not think it is wrong, if you state at the beginning of the raid, "I will take xyz for my efforts in leading this raid, if you do not like it, no problem, you are not yet safed"

Maybe his numbers are a bit off, but they were not the core point in this guide.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzygnome
    Wow, you're even more greedy then I thought... not taking people of similair spec, ninjaing gear, I'd definitely stay away from YOUR pugs.
    if you were a ret paladin would you want to take a raid with 6 rets 2 prots and 2 holys if you need tier pieces and had the chance to pick other players?

Actually I found this to be a good guide well some points most ppl wouldn't agree.

But a good guide as for the no same spec as I, well that is a little bit bad imo, but the reserving items I don't believe its that bad, I once joined a Naxx 25 pug made by a friend of mine and I told him that, I would only need the t7 Head, so once I joined he asked if ppl were ok that I didn't roll on anything but if t7 Head dropped was mine, only 2 guys said that it bothered them so, if you plan on reserving at very least don't even roll on offspec gear makes you have more credibility.

I like that part about reserving loot

prehaps suggesting that those who fails (flame walls at sarth, thaddius +/-, sapphiron's deep breath etc.) should have a -15 on their roll will prevent the already mentioned idiots to get gear that good players deserve
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

I can't stand the requirement for achievements.

Case in point, I've had little time to do proper raiding since Wrath came out, as the semester has been brutal to me. So, it was only a few days ago that I even cleared construct quarter, and it was the FIRST time I had actually ever gotten to Thaddius. I never died, my dps was outstanding, and I knew exactly where to go and what to do, and bam, loots. And hey, now I have the achievement so I can get into the raid! Imagine that.

The rest of the guide all seems perfectly logical, as leading a PUG raid is something that can either go decently well, or horribly. It's rarely in between.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dentoid
    I like that part about reserving loot

prehaps suggesting that those who fails (flame walls at sarth, thaddius +/-, sapphiron's deep breath etc.) should have a -15 on their roll will prevent the already mentioned idiots to get gear that good players deserve

thats defo an option, but some times failing is just trough bad luck and bad luck shouldn't really be punished hard, but doing -15 to their rolls requires quite abit of administration mid-fight which can be hard if you have to focus on not failing yourself