SB and searing pain spec?

Hey

After a mage in my guild asked about SB buff i have been looking at it for fun... now i know people might just screw me over on this? but... god damn i loved SB spam in TBC.. which is why im asking you guys :-) anyone still going with Succubus and SP spam? im woundering if its even safe because with this spec ill be overkilling on agro due to SearingP spam every 10 sec? ofc doing something the easy way isent alwasy the most fun... ofc im thinking FG Meta and sp spaming :P

anyways this is the spec i wanna give a go:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...3&version=9868

Re: SB and searing pain spec?

No.

this is good! ill try it

If PvE then NO.
    becuase Searing Pain cause a lot of threat. (we alreadly have the poorest threat reduce)
    but it is a good PvP spell.
    No dirction
    short cast
    and threat doesn't matte.

I wouldn't recommend the spec but if I had to make any adjustments I would assume that moving 2 points from Demonic Knowledge to shadow & flame would be more beneficial for a build spamming SB and SP. While SP doesn't benefit from S&F pets scale very poorly with your stamina and intellect I believe the additional 8% benefit to Shadow Bolts Spell Power gain would be more beneficial then an additional 8% spell power from your pets stam and intellect, especially since searing pain has such a poor spell power coefficient.

As I originally said I wouldn't recommend doing this but if you enjoy it don't let anyone stop you.

The real question is, are you talking PvE or PvP? In PvE, this simply won't work. SP is a high-threat, low-damage attack (well, the amount of threat versus the amount of damage is very skewed, making the spell not worth casting). In PvP, it could be viable potentially, but I doubt it, as SP does not do sufficient damage even at high levels. You could argue it's a good, quick finishing move, but I would say there are better alternatives (such as Shadowflame, if you have the talent).
    Quote Originally Posted by L2theuka
    "OMG Rock is so OP NERF NERF NERF, paper is fine though" - Scissors

I am thinking it as a PvE spec... basiclly im doing the following
    pet - succubus, passive so far because of the current bossfight i've been in..
    Glyphs as in spec..
    before raid buff i wasent really sure how to worke this, but in full raid buff my crit rating is 36ish % and plus 30 from tallents and glyphs, that gives SP a 65% ish chance to proc. also the 5% crit chance inc from SB which is put down at start to not instantly grab agro makes it 70%

so back to how i did my rotation at raid...
    CoD--> lifetap --> SB --> max 2 "casts/gcd's, if its a clean tank and spank position if not fill in with more SB until boss in position. after that --> SP*2 after this i was almost everytime hit a crit to trigger pyroclasm -> 4*SB casts -> SP*2 -> 3*SB casts -> lifetap
    repeat rotation to trigger pyroclasm

basiclly a nobrainer rotation :P
    so its COD --> lifetap --> SB --> and the macro until boss dies :P
    /castsequence Searing pain,Searing pain,Shadow bolt,Shadow bolt,Shadow bolt,Shadow bolt,Searing pain,Searing pain,Shadow bolt,Shadow bolt,shadow bolt,life tap (btw the macro is just for fun... :P)

About Geminiels post a the moving 2 points from Demonic Knowledge to shadow & flame would be more beneficial for a build spamming SB and SP i totally agree (aslong as you have more than 2100 in sp :P)
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...3&version=9868 so use this build

And about the pvp ... making this some what pvp'ish ontop of the rest of it.. well move 1 tallent from emberstorm to shadowfury