Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Patch 3.1.2 Item Changes, Blue posts

How many warriors were there in last season? That performed well? Seen any in the top teams? Ive seen one (1!)... Facing off against a warrior must be more fun (read easier) then a DK from last season? Atleast it requires some skill to pwn ppl as a warrior... We´re not really melting faces in arena. Fury-specc is and will be brainless, Arms surely requires some skill to play. Warriors are fine where they are, leave us alone.

I guess they put the items together manually, if they manage to keep making mistakes with item balancing.
    Would have thought that could be done automatically by the game somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamman
    No words about smamans in PVP...Because we IMBA in PVP?
    silence you fool! they will hear us! , srsly tho just fix hex and im 100 percent happy with shamans, oh and fix totem stomping too ^^

If your MS is only critting for 3k your gear is god awful. Judging by your armory...
    Considering I have a ulduar 25 weapon (rune edge) I don't see how my gear can be "horrible". And sure, I crit for 4.5k-5k on rogues and clothies, but against a plate, no way.

Sure, if I go in FULL PVE gear than I might have a chance to do these higher crits, but mortal strike simply does not hit for that much, I mean I don't know what else to tell you there man. Just ask any warrior what their average mortal strike crits for, it isn't that much.

You don't need to Pummel any short casts. -75% healing debuff means that anything you target dies. No healer can heal through that. Ever. Or you know, you can take two steps backwards and just stun them in the middle of a cast whenever your Intercept is up.
    And pummel is still a better skill than a total 75% MS, that's what you don't get. What would you rather have:

A 75% MS for 6 seconds.
    B not be able to cast at all for 6 seconds.

And two steps back? If I'm snared (which I should be in the arena) you can easily 5-8 me.

With 75% less healing, Bladestorm = good game. Which is on a 75 second cooldown by the way, glad to know you don't understand your own class' talents and glyphs. Bladestorm to Charge crit MS to Execute is unhealable when what would be a 12k crit heal hits for maybe 3k.
    Ok, 1.5 min CD not 2 min, yes I said the wrong thing. I really would like to know your class before we went any further just because I'm sure I can tell you some things to do. I assume you're a healer in which:

edit: just looked and your a disc. Figures. go QQ somewhere else because someone can actually do some damage to you. Or, perhaps, actually have your DK partner do something like death grip, chains of ice, ect. and let you get away. No excuse to be dying.

And yes, I consider Intercept on a pseudo 15 second cooldown since you either do that every 25 seconds or charge every 12.
    That's nice that you consider it that but it doesn't change that it is a 25 second CD, so I don't see how you can use that against me.

"Those 3k - 4k MS crits really are dangerous aren't they?"

Better gear, higher crits. What about our 3k-to-5k crits on a 15 second cooldown exorcism? That's only dmg not including a 50% reduce healing. Wasn't OP at all in my opinion. Heals are so huge now, 5k tops dmg(on a bad geared person) is nothing, thats what, one 1.5 second heal or maybe two of them? I can get hit from a caster for that much with 700+ resilience on 6 second or less skills. Paladin's got nothing against healers, while most of other classes got something. Why is that? Because Paladin's(talking from Ret perspective)CAN heal themselves so no need to give them a less than 7 second cooldown interrupt ? So we heal ourselves then we end up with no mana and we can't do anything but auto attack or perhaps cause we got a bubble which doesn't really benifit us as much if we were holy. Would be nice, chance on hit grant the ability to cast exorcism on an humanoid. <-- that would be nice.
    The reason why excorcism was so bad is that it was just another ability you could chain together for burst, not as much the same as mortal strike.

Mhm giving moonkins a type of fel armor now, might as well give all classes the mage shields :P

Deleted

Season 5 End Hunters in 2v2 around 12-14% in TOP 300

Season 6 Hunters in 2v2 Week 1 around 3% TOP 300
    Season 6 Hunters in 2v2 Week 2 less then 1% TOP 300
    Season 6 Hunters in 2v2 Week 3 0% TOP 300

"Working as intended".... check

Quote Originally Posted by j0ck3

So only ONE class should be able to remove those? There's still 8 classes that cant do shit about those invulnerabilities, god forbid only 2 can do something about it.

Shattering Throw is fine, it has a 5 min cooldown too if you havent noticed. Unless its a long game you probably wont see it used more than once.
    Slow down there turbo. I was commenting a previous post talking about why Warriors are doing better in arena, I never said Priests should be the only ones who can dispel Bubble/IB.

On the other hand I don't understand why warriors get MS PLUS this dispel plus all their other utility. Seems a bit utility-heavy on an already DPS-strong class. Giving priests mass-dispel made sense because priests don't have heavy dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Xacez
    Yet another thread that makes me bring my popcorns.
    haha win!

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy
    Season 5 End Hunters in 2v2 around 12-14% in TOP 300

Season 6 Hunters in 2v2 Week 1 around 3% TOP 300
    Season 6 Hunters in 2v2 Week 2 less then 1% TOP 300
    Season 6 Hunters in 2v2 Week 3 0% TOP 300

"Working as intended".... check
    It's sad when all people care about is the worst arena, 2v2. See what you're doing blizz?!

Oh boy...

Since you seem to be blind:
    WE DON'T HAVE AN INTERUPT IN BATTLE STANCE (THE ONE WE DPS IN). BECAUSE OF THIS WE HAVE OVERPOWER , WHICH ONLY WORKS IF WE USE IT ON YOU WHILE CASTING -- THE SAME THING AS AN INTERUPT EXCEPT WORSE BECAUSE IT'S ONLY ANOTHER 25% HEALING REDUCTION (IF MS IS ALREADY ON THE TARGET) INSTEAD OF JUST A SILENCE.
    You really should learn to play your class before you go posting away like this... what the hell do you think tactical mastery is for you moron? you can do it with one of two ways, go def stance and shield bash or you can zerker and pummel them... btw do you know that charge has a stun on it? that would really suck if a warr could run back 8 yards and charge to interupt another heal... oh wait... good thing warr's cant spell reflect peels like cyclone,root,hex,chains,etc... oh wait...

[quote
    Really, you QQ about hamstring? Rogues slow is a 70% that they just have to auto attack to put on. DK's Chains of Ice starts off as a root. Hamstring is not the skill to QQ about. [/quote\
    Well for one, rogues don't have an undispellable snare and secondly rogues dont have a way of instantly getting back to the snared target like charge, don't say they have sstep because sub really is not viable and as easy as dk chains are to dispel, its no where near as bad as piercing howl/hamstring used in conjunction with bladestorm...

And bladestorm, honestly, it's every 2 minutes. Learn to deal.
    It'd still be just as good as it is if it had a 5 min cd, any good warr almost always gets a kill with it...

Yeah I hit a TON with my 1H. If I'm lucky I might get a ONE THOUSAND CRIT with mortal strike! Of course it doesn't matter that most players will still tear through us even with a shield on, I mean it's another 10% less damage taken and we do no damage period. Also to a certain point more rage does not equal more damage, ESPECIALLY for arms warriors.
    the point is you can go defensive stance, shield, and shield wall when your partner is cc'd its not meant to last the match, its meant to outlast your partners cc, again learn to play your class already and stop nerd raging

Yeah we don't have to stance dance. That is, unless we want that intercept you QQed about, our real interupt, our "amazing" defense you QQed about...
    please for the love of god learn to play

Yeah because an extra 25% healing reduction is totally better than you not being able to even cast for 4 seconds. I wish people would learn to fucking think instead of QQing about it
    sigh...

you can't say warrs are not op when you have...

-75% healing dps
    -interupts
    -7 charge/intercepts a min
    -bladestorm
    -plate
    -stupidly high rate of crits (ms and overpower from talents, ie juggernaut)
    -Near invulnerability when partner is cc'd and can also just intervene back around the corner for heals
    -shattering throw... are you kidding me? on top of all this you can break bubble and block!?
    -undispellable snares, aoe and single target... sigh

all of this make for some incredible pressure on the opposing healer... incredible. Just maybe if you learn to play you could get out of the 1600's but if you can say that is not op, you truly are a retard. :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrant

And pummel is still a better skill than a total 75% MS, that's what you don't get. What would you rather have:

A 75% MS for 6 seconds.
    B not be able to cast at all for 6 seconds.
    I'd rather have the 75% MS like any day :P pummel doesnt last 6 secs?? Plus many classes have silence reducing talents, not to mention it's useless against melee. 75% is ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by Balbaroy
    I'd rather have the 75% MS like any day :P pummel doesnt last 6 secs?? Plus many classes have silence reducing talents, not to mention it's useless against melee. 75% is ridiculous!
    it really is ridiculous and i mean its not even like warr's are choosing between either, they have both pummel/shield bash and the 75% debuff---just every warr has half a brain from being hit so much tanking for 5 years that they don't realize they can stance dance interrupt with 1 button too

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Has ghostcrawler actually played a Hunter or any other class ? Going by his last blue post It does not appear he has..I believe he is relying on numbers alone. I do not agree with him saying BM does nearly the same DPS as Surv or Marks. Then he says it's very simple. Yes and no. There is timing and you have to have a shot rotation in. You can't just sit there and spam Explosive shot. I've been fine with his post's that I have followed but this one I really don't like at all.

opinions ? Tell me I'm not the only one who does not agree with him ?

You really should learn to play your class before you go posting away like this... what the hell do you think tactical mastery is for you moron? you can do it with one of two ways, go def stance and shield bash or you can zerker and pummel them... btw do you know that charge has a stun on it? that would really suck if a warr could run back 8 yards and charge to interupt another heal... oh wait... good thing warr's cant spell reflect peels like cyclone,root,hex,chains,etc... oh wait...
    If I stance dance I'll lose almost all my rage (tactical mastery doesn't help that much) and won't be doing much damage after my interupt.

And where did I say that we could never get away from a peel? Either way spell reflect does have a CD, and chains of ice can easily be spammed twice in a row.

the point is you can go defensive stance, shield, and shield wall when your partner is cc'd its not meant to last the match, its meant to outlast your partners cc, again learn to play your class already and stop nerd raging
    Again you failed to mention shield wall. You made it look like we could just throw on a shield and be fine, but in reality that isn't the case. Of course shield wall is a great tool to survive against one CC chain. You should really clarify what you are trying to complain about.

please for the love of god learn to play
    I'm sorry? You said we didn't need to stance dance, I told you we did. I don't see what you're trying to say here to be honest.

sigh...

you can't say warrs are not op when you have...

-75% healing dps
    -interupts
    -7 charge/intercepts a min
    -bladestorm
    -plate
    -stupidly high rate of crits (ms and overpower from talents, ie juggernaut)
    -Near invulnerability when partner is cc'd and can also just intervene back around the corner for heals
    -shattering throw... are you kidding me? on top of all this you can break bubble and block!?
    -undispellable snares, aoe and single target... sigh
    We're good, not OP. If we were OP you would be seeing something resembling S3/S4 on the SK100 yet SK100 is showing otherwise. Are we moving up? yes. Disc/Rogue is still a stronger comp and more represented one. [1] [2]. Also I should say that the three melee dps are pretty much identical in 2v2 standings, warriors being a shy 1% ahead of rogue/DK.

all of this make for some incredible pressure on the opposing healer... incredible. Just maybe if you learn to play you could get out of the 1600's but if you can say that is not op, you truly are a retard.
    Congratulations, you armoried me at a bad time. If you look at play history I've mostly been playing against 1800-1900 teams. However my shaman partner is still learning (as am I) and we have recently switched to a slightly more aggressive playstyle for him, so he is getting used to it. I could easily laugh at you for a 1900 rating as the most OP healer, but I won't.

I'd rather have the 75% MS like any day Tongue pummel doesnt last 6 secs?? Plus many classes have silence reducing talents, not to mention it's useless against melee. 75% is ridiculous!
    Meh. You do need to remember though that warriors have been asking for pummel in battle stance ever since WoTLK. We really didn't ask for unrelenting assault, and I'm sure a majority of the warrior playerbase would gladly trade it for an interupt.

it really is ridiculous and i mean its not even like warr's are choosing between either, they have both pummel/shield bash and the 75% debuff---just every warr has half a brain from being hit so much tanking for 5 years that they don't realize they can stance dance interrupt with 1 button too
    And then we end up losing a lot of rage (up to 75 even if we are 3/3 tactical mastery, which if you notice in the general warrior PvP builds there is simply no room to take a full tactical mastery -- most take 1/3 so you can stance dance and disarm real quick) because of that. And, sure, we can do it (and I do) but we aren't going to be setting up much damage at all after that, and it's not like warriors are known for running with a second DPS either so you don't need to worry about someone else picking it up.

Well for one, rogues don't have an undispellable snare and secondly rogues dont have a way of instantly getting back to the snared target like charge, don't say they have sstep because sub really is not viable and as easy as dk chains are to dispel, its no where near as bad as piercing howl/hamstring used in conjunction with bladestorm...
    Missed this, but my shaman partner can not dispel chains of ice. And no, rogues don't have anything like charge (at least in a viable tree right now). However I have never really seen a rogue who has had issues with keeping up with a target if they are good.

http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/player/

Warriors are in the league of hunters when it comes to being bad in pvp...

wait, what?

I have a deja vu feeling here. Something like...2 months ago...DKs OP...

Warriors need a little bit tweak atm, but they are fine. I am sure most of you that is QQ'ing were pretty happy when it was a free kill like a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Bllets
    http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/player/

Warriors are in the league of hunters when it comes to being bad in pvp...

wait, what?
    Nope hunters are in a league of their own. I know you were being sarcastic but just wanted to point that out. World of Meleecraft arenas have really gone downhill, as you can tell by the warrior that's been rambling on here. It's like people think that 2v2 arena is the only form of pvp that exists now, including Blizzard. It's sad. Oh how I miss the old days.

If I stance dance I'll lose almost all my rage (tactical mastery doesn't help that much) and won't be doing much damage after my interupt.
    See what happens is, you dance to interrupt the heal, locking him for 4 seconds, yea you lose some rage, near then end you begin to run backwards and charge back in, locking him out of anything for another 1.5 seconds, interupt will be back soon and now he is extremely far behind simply because he already has a healing debuff of 75% as far as rage and dmg goes, you honestly arent losing as much damage as you think, charging back in gives you a garrunteed crit on the ms coming in like 3 seconds and an overpower (probably a crit) from rend ticks, throw in a well timed bladestorm and hex coming off his 5.5 sec lockout and its lights out - bladestorm and hex have such short cooldowns, that you guys can set up that burst many times allowing you maybe to screw it up or eat their cd's and then do it again for a kill. Either way, not interrupting is a bad idea, and if people dont dance they are bad, but will be ok against low brackest because of the rediculous healing debuff

Again you failed to mention shield wall. You made it look like we could just throw on a shield and be fine, but in reality that isn't the case. Of course shield wall is a great tool to survive against one CC chain. You should really clarify what you are trying to complain about.
    huh? i said you go def stance and shield wall, but anyways, in terms of burst cd's, your comp's burst is up every 1.5 mins, which is lower than every other comps, so thats not an issue

I'm sorry? You said we didn't need to stance dance, I told you we did. I don't see what you're trying to say here to be honest.
    you're confusing me with someone else a lot throughout this post :\

Congratulations, you armoried me at a bad time. If you look at play history I've mostly been playing against 1800-1900 teams. However my shaman partner is still learning (as am I) and we have recently switched to a slightly more aggressive playstyle for him, so he is getting used to it. I could easily laugh at you for a 1900 rating as the most OP healer, but I won't.
    hmm again, quoted me, but you armory'd someone else, you can find me here (as my name suggests :\)

Meh. You do need to remember though that warriors have been asking for pummel in battle stance ever since WoTLK. We really didn't ask for unrelenting assault, and I'm sure a majority of the warrior playerbase would gladly trade it for an interupt.
    sure most of the player base, but i think the good warrior's are just lol'ing sitting back counting their arena points... stance dancing is not as bad as you make it out to be

And then we end up losing a lot of rage (up to 75 even if we are 3/3 tactical mastery, which if you notice in the general warrior PvP builds there is simply no room to take a full tactical mastery -- most take 1/3 so you can stance dance and disarm real quick) because of that. And, sure, we can do it (and I do) but we aren't going to be setting up much damage at all after that, and it's not like warriors are known for running with a second DPS either so you don't need to worry about someone else picking it up.
    stop all this about interupting is not worth it for damage loss, yes it is lol... he's not healing and the ammount of damage you could do without interrupting will be outhealed by a good healer. the interrupt/charge to hex/bstorm is what wins the games

Missed this, but my shaman partner can not dispel chains of ice. And no, rogues don't have anything like charge (at least in a viable tree right now). However I have never really seen a rogue who has had issues with keeping up with a target if they are good.
    good resto druid > good rogue, good resto < good warrior

no more confusing me with other people please
    edit: btw you contradict yourself all over the place, stop that too

This thread makes me want to throw my hands in the air and shout "Biblefight!", because in the end of the day it won't really go anywhere. People are extremely stubborn to their own opinions when it comes to PvP balance, and I know this from my own experience.
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

Grob

WE DON'T HAVE AN INTERUPT IN BATTLE STANCE (THE ONE WE DPS IN). BECAUSE OF THIS WE HAVE OVERPOWER , WHICH ONLY WORKS IF WE USE IT ON YOU WHILE CASTING -- THE SAME THING AS AN INTERUPT EXCEPT WORSE BECAUSE IT'S ONLY ANOTHER 25% HEALING REDUCTION (IF MS IS ALREADY ON THE TARGET) INSTEAD OF JUST A SILENCE.
    Warriors have a weakness. They cant interrupt while in their current dps stance

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=72

epic fail???