Poll: Specc for tank (5man heroics/10 man raids)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: What tree to specc for tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Uuker
    I specced Unholy and I do VERY FINE. I am not a MT but it's very good after all.
    Never said it's not good, we just say the other 2 are better.
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

Quote Originally Posted by IJimmyI
    Its for all dmg, not only magic
    That'll teach me for not reading Patch notes properly. I'm sure it used to only be Magical damage, or I might just be making random changes myself again. Oh well.

I am Priest - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Omen321
    UA + AMS on Mimiron first phase it = win

honestly i dont see any other spec doing Mimiron first phase all the way through with shitty dps

i do
    IBF
    Trinket / AMS
    AMS / UA
    IBF
    --- from their im fucked if hes still alive lol
    Then your friendly neighborhood ret pally steps up with a bubble/hand of sac combo (and gives the raid leader a heart attack by staying in for the shock blast... hey, i was bubbled). Then if the phase (somehow) isn't over, the cool priest guy does that wings thingy... but yeah, hopefully he's dead somewhere around the third plasma blast.

Tanks don't have to do it all. Teamwork is fun. :P

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik
    You can tank decently with a dps spec. You take much more damage, but you can still tank decently. Decent is a word in this case that means "can be done, but not very well."

I like how you argue that you can't tank with a dps spec, but you ignore the fact that I said you can DPS decently with a tank spec. You're no better that way than the other way around.

Anyway, the whole point of my post was that you should have 1 tank spec and 1 dps spec, because neither is good enough to do the opposite role. So put your RAGE back into your pants and try to comprehend what someone typed before jumping all over them.

Well I'm a tank so I'd rather have 2 tank specs and a half-assed almost never used functional dps spec.
    Sorry if that came off as pants rage or whatever dumb shit you called it. Nerds are way to defensive.

pfft who waste 1kg on dual-spec ? .. nubs

Quote Originally Posted by milo
    Well I'm a tank so I'd rather have 2 tank specs and a half-assed almost never used functional dps spec.
    Sorry if that came off as pants rage or whatever dumb shit you called it. Nerds are way to defensive.
    Pants rage? Interesting.

Anyway, I'm still trying to figure out why you'd need 2 tanking specs. Ulduar isn't a "keep up the tank and we win!" raid. Decent healers can keep anybody who is wearing tanking gear alive through almost every fight...so I'm not sure why you'd need to tweak your spec for different situations in there.

On the other hand, having a DPS spec as well will allow you to help your raid if you aren't needed to tank, even if it's 5% of the time.

I'm not defensive, I couldn't really give a shit what you say. I just think it's stupid to have dual specs and to waste them both on tanking specs. It defeats the purpose of being a hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik
    Pants rage? Interesting.

Anyway, I'm still trying to figure out why you'd need 2 tanking specs. Ulduar isn't a "keep up the tank and we win!" raid. Decent healers can keep anybody who is wearing tanking gear alive through almost every fight...so I'm not sure why you'd need to tweak your spec for different situations in there.

On the other hand, having a DPS spec as well will allow you to help your raid if you aren't needed to tank, even if it's 5% of the time.

I'm not defensive, I couldn't really give a shit what you say. I just think it's stupid to have dual specs and to waste them both on tanking specs. It defeats the purpose of being a hybrid.
    This.

I completely agree. I have DPS/PvP Spec as my Offspec and when I'm not MTing I switch and do at least 1k more DPS in my DPS Spec.

No point that I can see to have Blood as one Tank Spec and Frost as another. Both work just as well as the other.

I am Priest - Play Free Online Games

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...0&version=9889

and take everthing u want, u will never have threat problems, in any spec.

Blood 6% extra stamina, Last stand efect, Mark of Blood, Extra mitigation below of 35% hp, RNG spell mitigation.
    Frost 3% miss chance, 2% extra mitigation, shield block efect.
    Unholy 6% extra mitigation vs spells, stronger anti-magic shield, Anti Magic Zone, Bone Shield.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

My tank spec : http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#j0EMZ...iost0xh:RdTVmM

It's basically a *very* happy medium tank spec that I can easily run both heroics and raids with. I'm not a top end raider by any stretch, so no idea if it'll suffice for 25-man Ulduar ... but its definitely fine for Naxx and rocks on anything AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalick
    My tank spec : http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#j0EMZ...iost0xh:RdTVmM

It's basically a *very* happy medium tank spec that I can easily run both heroics and raids with. I'm not a top end raider by any stretch, so no idea if it'll suffice for 25-man Ulduar ... but its definitely fine for Naxx and rocks on anything AoE.
    Pretty much the same as what I use, except I have 3 points in Scent of Blood instead of Morbidity and Obliterate glyph instead of Icebound.