Thread: aoe and stealth

aoe and stealth

From what I remember, more and more aoe abilities seem to not be taking rogues out of stealth. I disagree with this move, but whatever if that is the way blizz makes it then it is what it is. However, the past couple days I have been continually taken out of stealth by a rogue using fan of knives. Is this the way it should work? Or am I wrong and aoe will knock a rogue out of stealth.

Re: aoe and stealth

as far as i know almost all aoe's still take rogues out of stealth, and fan of knives do take rogues out of stealth

It sure seems to me that I still get taken out of stealth by aoe's.

All AoEs that deal damage can and will remove a rogue from stealth if they get hit. if they dodge or you miss, no luck.

Even Aoe that does no damage but appile a debuff will move you out of sleath.

here is an idea....

Run to the right ---> VANISH, turn to the left (opposite direction of that you ran) <-------

They will AE the wrong spot, if you practise you can avoid AoE and sap them easily. Even flare is counterable

Rogue community: the thing that makes us OP is a combination of 130 energy and overkill, not mutilate damage.

Ghostretard: Nah, we'll cut the balls off mutilate, lawl

Rogue community:...................

Ghostretard: We're happy where rogues are in PvP

Ghostretard: Wait, NM we'll also nerf overkill now and give you absolutely no fucking compensation while deathtards and retnubs still do gross amounts of damage with better defensive capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte
    Even Aoe that does no damage but appile a debuff will move you out of sleath.
    wrong.

Rogue community: the thing that makes us OP is a combination of 130 energy and overkill, not mutilate damage.

Ghostretard: Wait, NM we'll also nerf overkill now and give you absolutely no fucking compensation while deathtards and retnubs still do gross amounts of damage with better defensive capabilities.

Any AoE that does damage will take a rogue out of stealth.. the only change they made was making starfall not target stealthed targets anymore.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius
    wrong.
    ?!?! Demoralizing shout gets you out of stealth, why do u think bears and warrs keep spamming it ?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ovideozn

?!?! Demoralizing shout gets you out of stealth, why do u think bears and warrs keep spamming it ?
    So does mass dispelling a spot where a rogue is stealthing.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    So does mass dispelling a spot where a rogue is stealthing.
    No it doesn't since it doesn't apply a debuff on you, it will however remove any buffs you have

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ovideozn
    No it doesn't since it doesn't apply a debuff on you, it will however remove any buffs you have
    Just checked patchnotes, it DID destealth once but they changed that in a patch. Too bad
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius
    wrong.
    demo and piercing shout sure does get you out of stealth, no damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jutteri
    Desecrated ground doesn't take you out of stealth even if it applies the slowing debuff

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko
    Desecrated ground doesn't take you out of stealth even if it applies the slowing debuff
    i know. i just posted because there do exist effects which takes, even without doing damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko
    as well as earth bind totem. so why then does a slowing AoE shout take you out of stealth when a slowing AoE totem/desecrated ground doesn't? Does it have to do with the fact that the shout is instantaneous as opposed to already existing?
    http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/hats.png

You answered your own question.

Quote Originally Posted by Jutteri
    Those are special, not al debufs destealth you!