Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: PET FOR SMITE SPEC

God I can't read these forums anymore.
    If your main language is not english please don't try to write complete sentences in it, it doesn't work.
    :-\

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyk
    God I can't read these forums anymore.
    If your main language is not english please don't try to write complete sentences in it, it doesn't work.
    :-\
    How about you try to write in german then, mister know-it-all? I'd say my english is miles better than your german will ever be, if you even know any other language besides english.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    How about you try to write in german then, mister know-it-all? I'd say my english is miles better than your german will ever be, if you even know any other language besides english.
    Sorry, but why should people post here in German? Being able to read and write in another language isn't the point here.

if (language != "English")
    {
    writeLn("Go to your own language forums!");
    } else {
    writeLn(insightfulPost);
    }

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nesco
    Being able to read and write in another language isn't the point here.
    It IS the point though. The poster I replied to said basically: "If english is not your native language, get the fuck out of our [the superior english native speakers'] forum, punk!"

I don't even know who he talked about seeing as pretty much no posts in this thread butcher the english language in any form. He probably wasn't talking about me, but I freaking hate wannabe elitists like that poster. Who don't even talk any other language besides "the language to end all language wars" yet try to hold down others who first had to learn english after learning their native tongue. And guess what? Every single person here who speaks more than english is probably 2x more intelligent than the poster in question.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by Nakriel
    VALKYRS ARE EVIL YOU... YOU... DOUBLE PRIEST
    As much as this is wrong, it still made me laugh ;D

I'd like to have my own pet valkyrie, but we probably won't see that happening ^^

Regarding the "Double Priest" comment made a few posts up, weren't Priests originally supposed to be casters of duality, calling on both the Light and the Shadow, depending on which is needed? Haven't seen that since who knows how long...

Of course, Smite is good for that. :P
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Why sooooo many people insist that there should be a holy dps spec.
    Holy dps has NEVER been competitive.
    I remember some time towards the end of BC there was a huge hype because a priest decided to make 20 million videos of them cutting huge crit streaks out and making everyone think they were awesome because they were near the top of the meters.

1. Good RNG
    2. Other DPS were bad
    3. Situational
    4. Stacked group

Holy DPS was almost as comparable as Shadow DPS Pre 3.0 but people forget that shadow was first and foremost a mana battery, they were never damage dealers.

I couldn't see a Smite spec priest breaking 4k dps on patchwerk even with a proper dps set.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    I remember some time towards the end of BC there was a huge hype because a priest decided to make 20 million videos of them cutting huge crit streaks out and making everyone think they were awesome because they were near the top of the meters.

1. Good RNG
    2. Other DPS were bad
    3. Situational
    4. Stacked group

Holy DPS was almost as comparable as Shadow DPS Pre 3.0 but people forget that shadow was first and foremost a mana battery, they were never damage dealers.

I couldn't see a Smite spec priest breaking 4k dps on patchwerk even with a proper dps set.
    Retribution was never a DPS spec. They changed it.
    Feral was never a DPS spec. They changed it.
    Balance was never a DPS spec. They changed it.
    Disc was never a heal spec. They changed it.
    Protection was never a tank spec. They changed it.
    ... ad absurdum...

See a pattern there? Once there was a time where druids had exactly 1 tree they could use in PVE: Resto. They couldn't tank as good as warriors. They couldn't pew pew as good as mages, and they couldn't stab stab as good as rogues. Blizzard changed that, and rightly so, because it was a retarded design.

And now druids have 4 different options. Resto Heal, Balance DPS, Feral DPS, Feral Tank.

Why is it so far-fetched to give priests 4 options? Disc Heal, Holy Heal, Holy DPS, Shadow DPS.

You're right, it's never been competitive but it's been fun.

This is true, they weren't, but Holy spells still have a higher scaling modifier than Shadow. Now that Shadow's been given the boost, Holy on the other hand... yeah.

Despite the fact that we have no talented Spell hit, our biggest falling back right now is no bonus crit damage. If I manage to actually get my haste sweet spot, I could probably break 3.8k on a 3 minute patchwerk. But of course, that's nowhere near anybody else.

Why? Because they have bonus crit damage. That really is the only thing holding Smite back. Now shoo.

Edit: And of course what Aether put in there.

Druid is awesome :-)

Rawr! http://clausjoergensen.dk/content/files/ding73.jpg

Sorry, what was the topic?

Retribution was never a DPS spec. They changed it.
    Feral was never a DPS spec. They changed it.
    Balance was never a DPS spec. They changed it.
    Disc was never a heal spec. They changed it.
    Protection was never a tank spec. They changed it.
    ... ad absurdum...

See a pattern there? Once there was a time where druids had exactly 1 tree they could use in PVE: Resto. They couldn't tank as good as warriors. They couldn't pew pew as good as mages, and they couldn't stab stab as good as rogues. Blizzard changed that, and rightly so, because it was a retarded design.

And now druids have 4 different options. Resto Heal, Balance DPS, Feral DPS, Feral Tank.

Why is it so far-fetched to give priests 4 options? Disc Heal, Holy Heal, Holy DPS, Shadow DPS.
    Ret - Utility
    Feral - Utility
    Balance - Utility
    Disc - Utility
    Protection - Um what?

See what Im getting at?

Holy has never been utility, its ALWAYS been the spec for priests ever since release (although some say that disc was just as good)

15+ Year Old Account

Holy has never been utility, its ALWAYS been the spec for priests ever since release (although some say that disc was just as good)
    Holy has never been THE spec for priests ever since release.

Vanilla: Disc/Holy hybrid
    TBC: Shadow

Now go troll somewhere else.

Ret - Utility
    Vanilla, what? Ret was the laughing stock. Early TBC, a freaking SHOCKADIN could outdps a Ret Paladin in the same tier set.
    Feral - Utility
    Terrible DPS balanced around the fact they could Innervate or Battle-Res, or pop into bear form and not do it as well as a Warrior in the first place?
    Balance - Utility
    Terrible DPS that gives 1 group 5% crit bonus damage. There is a point early in gear progression that this is awesome. On the other hand, when is your group carrying this druid because his dps isn't as high as the mage or warlock?
    Disc - Utility
    3 minute cooldown on Power Infusion, 2 minutes for an 8 second shield-wall. People spec'd discipline hybrid for Divine Spirit, and Improved in TBC. Not because it really offered "utility" in the tree.
    Protection - Um what?
    Prior to 2.0, the Paladin Protection tree was a joke. And consecration being a holy talent was embarassing.
    [/quote]

Holy has never been THE spec for priests ever since release.

Vanilla: Disc/Holy hybrid
    TBC: Shadow

Now go troll somewhere else.
    Meditation doesn't make it a disc/holy hybrid, meditation has always been a core ability for all priest specs.
    Holy was phased out for TBC? iirc CoH carried.

I told you im not a troll.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Terrible DPS balanced around the fact they could Innervate or Battle-Res, or pop into bear form and not do it as well as a Warrior in the first place?
    They actually couldn't innervate because innervate was the 31 point resto talent :P

They actually couldn't innervate because innervate was the 31 point resto talent :P
    It was the Balance talent actually, made resto druids cry because they had to spec in the OPPOSITE tree to get it.

15+ Year Old Account

Meditation doesn't make it a disc/holy hybrid, meditation has always been a core ability for all priest specs.
    Holy was phased out for TBC? iirc CoH carried.

I told you im not a troll.
    Standard MC priest builds were something like 21/30, 23/27, and of course 1 priest in your raid had to spec 31/20 for divine spirit. There wasn't a single priest who specced more than 30 points into holy. Priests were disc/holy hybrids then. Punctum.

And in TBC everyone wanted shadowpriests for their manabattery. Shamans were the best healers in endgame basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    It was the Balance talent actually, made resto druids cry because they had to spec in the OPPOSITE tree to get it.
    Nah, from the start innervate was restos ultimate talent. Before that battlerez was there (in the beta IIRC). Before moonkin balance's ultimate was hurricane. :P

Innervate was why druids specced resto for molten core. They couldn't heal maintanks because their heals basically sucked. So priests did that. And druids innervated them, and looked out for the raid or whatever. They were innervate bots basically.

Back on topic, a Perm-Pet is far from what smite needs to become a viable dps spec. A Pet would have large pvp balance issues (like a healer that keeps other healers in combat) and blizz is notoriously bad for balancing pets V players (ever try and heal a lock pet with a ret pally beating on it :'( ).

That being said, the postion of the talent would be nice for something like

Random Talent Name

Increases the Critical strike dmg bonus of your spells by 100%, but reduces the critical effect chance of your Healing spells by 100%.

If any smite-dps changes happen, theyre will have to be a significant healing penalty to make sure there are no "healers with hybrid lvl dps" destroying pve and arenas.

Or if nothing else, but 1 50% crit dmg bonus talent in disc and 1 in holy so it would be impossible to get regen talents + the bonus on crits.

http://wowvault.ign.com/View.php?vie...ry_select_id=6

old beta talent trees. 31 pt holy shock for holy pally, 31 pt holy nova for priests, 31 pt innervate for druids.

you can check older ones such as beta 4 and 5, priest had battle rez then

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

I have just one question. Which site did he use for creating that? I do really want to know since I have some ideas myself for a smite-specc.