Re: PET FOR SMITE SPEC

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    Ret - Utility
    Feral - Utility
    Balance - Utility
    Disc - Utility
    Protection - Um what?

See what Im getting at?

Holy has never been utility, its ALWAYS been the spec for priests ever since release (although some say that disc was just as good)
    lol ur dumb.

ever raided as disc? didnt think so, not utility. ever seen a prot pally in your raid? didnt think so. ever seen a feral dps? didnt think so.

had you seen any of these you would know they werent considered utility classes.

goign off your basis, mage, warlock, shaman, hunter, dk, warrior, and rogue are all utility classes.

l2p nub.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Why are bads so bent on getting holy as a viable dps spec? Just because you are too incompetent to play shadow and watch dots doesn't mean blizzard should cater to you.
    Zinge
    Officer of <Smitus and Friends> 7/7M 10/10M
    US 10th

cool story

I think it would be a nicer baseline spell, perhaps as a lvl 80 addition. Make it a pet that heals the raid by some stupidly usless mechanic like JoL or Healing stream totem, though under your direct control. Make a glyph to make it stun, and can be commanded to attack doing minimal damage(unless under X effect, in which senario it will explode and kill everything :P).

On second thought, make it a ret talent. :
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

No. Smite spec isn't a real spec, just a hybrid of two trees. Give me a pet for my 24/24/23 hybrid spec plox.
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    lol ur dumb.

ever raided as disc? didnt think so, not utility. ever seen a prot pally in your raid? didnt think so. ever seen a feral dps? didnt think so.

had you seen any of these you would know they werent considered utility classes.

goign off your basis, mage, warlock, shaman, hunter, dk, warrior, and rogue are all utility classes.

l2p nub.
    Talking about BC u idiot.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

There is a contingent of folks who want to pew pew with holy damage spells at range. Just as there are those who roll warlocks because they want to throw shadow spells and summon demons, roll mages because they want to throw fire/arcane/frost, or roll paladins because they want to be a holy knight that smashes things with 2-handed swords.

I am flabbergasted as to why this is such an abhorrent concept to some. Though I cannot speak for all of those who wish to play a holy caster, I would submit that a majority just like the flavor.

Furthermore, arguments against a viable holy caster are specious at best.

Why are bads so bent on getting holy as a viable dps spec? Just because you are too incompetent to play shadow and watch dots doesn't mean blizzard should cater to you.
    (1) Are the good dps mages you know bad players because they do not have DoTs to watch? BTW, currently holy dps has to watch 3 DoTs [DP, SW:P, HF(DoT)] and 2 CDs (HF&SW).
    (2) Blizzard caters to its player base all the time. The direct correlation for this is the feral druid tree. Cat dps was bad. Now it is viable. Some druids wondered why they had talents to improve cat form when it had no viable use in a raid setting. This is exactly the same for some priests who wonder why there are spells, talents, and glyphs for holy dps when it isn't viable in a raid setting.

GENERAL ARGUMENT: It would be imba for priest to be able to heal like crazy and pull raid viable dps.

A properly spec'd holy dps caster would be just as good a healer as a balance/ele druid/shaman or shadow priest. Sure, they can heal, but they would not have the throughput or longevity of a properly spec'd healer. Again, a feral druid spec'd for bear would make a lackluster cat, and a properly spec'd cat would make a lackluster bear. There is already precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritusVex
    I am flabbergasted as to why this is such an abhorrent concept to some. Though I cannot speak for all of those who wish to play a holy caster, I would submit that a majority just like the flavor.
    The flavor ish good. *licks ice cream*

Furthermore, arguments against a viable holy caster are specious at best.
    (1) Are the good dps mages you know bad players because they do not have DoTs to watch? BTW, currently holy dps has to watch 3 DoTs [DP, SW:P, HF(DoT)] and 2 CDs (HF&SW).
    As an update (doing some testing) Death may take a step down, and Mind Blast take its place during the first 65% of a boss.

(2) Blizzard caters to its player base all the time. The direct correlation for this is the feral druid tree. Cat dps was bad. Now it is viable. Some druids wondered why they had talents to improve cat form when it had no viable use in a raid setting. This is exactly the same for some priests who wonder why there are spells, talents, and glyphs for holy dps when it isn't viable in a raid setting.
    [color=teal]General Argument here: "They're for soloing duuuuuh" yet how many shadow priests solo? You have to respec for a raid anyways.

GENERAL ARGUMENT: It would be imba for priest to be able to heal like crazy and pull raid viable dps.

A properly spec'd holy dps caster would be just as good a healer as a balance druid, elemental shaman or shadow priest. Sure, they can heal, but they would not have the throughput or longevity of a properly spec'd healer. Again, a feral druid spec'd for bear would make a lackluster cat, and a properly spec'd cat would make a lackluster bear. There is already precedent.
    Just one small oversight. ^^
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritusVex

Im not talking about mages, they are completely different from priests.

You dont watch a 7 second dot from a 10 second CD spell by the way. Just like how you dont watch SW:P if you are casting MF within 18 seconds as shadow.

Feral dps may have been horrible, but no one rolled feral to dps. Cat dps was just there to provide an extra dps in situations like "oh hey we dont need 3 tanks for this boss, go cat to still provide 5% crit and do more dps than as a bear". Elemental shamans, balance druids, ret paladins, and shadow priests had god awful dps compared to everyone else, but they provided utility in BC which so many people seem to have forgotten because you scrubs were farming heroic slave pens every day.

The reason those specs were made viable in terms of dps, was because their specific utility was removed and spread across several classes.

Holy smite specs have never provided utility or good dps, and need no buff to make them do either. A random bunch of bads like you just want to feel special (see what i did thar) because you are the only one doing it on your server.
    Zinge
    Officer of <Smitus and Friends> 7/7M 10/10M
    US 10th

100% base mana mate ?

1) Lol @ All the people who keep saying Vikings instead of Vrykul. Vikings =/= Vrykul. There are Nordic influences, but THEY'RE NOT THE SAME.
    2) Shadowfiend = FTW for raiding.
    3) Why would I want a pet? My Daily spec (holy/disc/spirit tap) gives me about 1.4k DPS on mobs in Icecrown, possibly with crits. Mobs go down fast enough as it is for me with it. If I wanted pets, I'd roll a hunter or a warlock (I do have both).
    >Signature Removed, Replacement Pending<

Quote Originally Posted by Zinge
    Holy smite specs have never provided utility or good dps, and need no buff to make them do either. A random bunch of bads like you just want to feel special (see what i did thar) because you are the only one doing it on your server.
    Oeh, you made is blue!

In TBC, I specced holy DPS when doing instances and guess what, the overpowered warlocks and elemental shamans couldn't outDPS me. They were trying! That was both before and after the SoL bug (which was that it could still crit and proc from that crit aswell, and once I had 4 instant crits in a row).

Holy DPS made you go OOM very fast though, but stuff died. I wouldn't go raiding with that spec. Also that spec didn't have any utility except for imp fort.

Nowadays, holy DPS isn't high enough on the charts to be viable for high-end raiding. It does get slightly more DPS from buffs than shadow because of spirit, but that won't make up for the difference in DPS between shadow and holy DPS with the same gear. Do try it out once, you'll just have to see for yourself and /lol.

Tks guys for the feedback.

They could just reduce the mana cost of smite, and buff its damage by 25%, Then make the holy fire dot hit much harder. Then it wouldnt be lol smite.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Quote Originally Posted by Nakriel
    VALKYRS ARE EVIL YOU... YOU... DOUBLE PRIEST
    You, sir, are awesome.