Poll: Do you have Aura mastery with your holy build?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Aura Mastery.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Aura Mastery.

Aura mastery http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=31821 is sooo usefull imo. I have seen about(Just a guestimate) about 50% of the holy paladin population not grabbing this...my question is WHY? Think for a second. Increases the effect of the aura by 100%. Ignis does Fire damage with the scorch, Molten Constructs do fire damage. If damage gets spikey, switch over to fire aura, pop aura mastery to mitigate some damage. I mean crap, I have even used this as a save on Sarth 3d. Same goes to Hodir, damage gets very spikey during Fozen Blow, Switch to Frost resist, aura mastery. Mimron, P2? Fire AoE. Same applies. General, I get into the saronite clouds, throw up shadow resist aura and pop aura mastery at around 6 stacks. I can take 8 stacks and get out without dying. Sorta usefull in Yogg if the adds in P1 get a little overwhelming and life drains are getting off, throw up shadow resist, aura master. What is your guys thoughts on Aura mastery, and paladins that have it and ones that don't? Discuss. If you say no, just state a solid reason why. Only reason that I can think of is that you do not raid Ulduar.

Re: Aura Mastery.

I grabbed it because it's very useful and... where else would you put the point?

They don't grab it because they don't read MMO-champion or patch notes to see it's waaaaay better now. The only reason I could think of :-\.

I used to always grab it for the 50yd auras. I've been thinking about maybe getting it just for those resistance fights, but its kind of pathetic in my mind if thats all its used for is an "ohshitswitchauras" type ability.

Where did i put the point?

Imp wisdom.

Does that help? no

Does it hurt? no

ppl are always jealous at my 350% flying speed

Not really a "OH SHIT" moment, just helps to mitigate damage for 10 seconds. Gives healers a chance to top people off easier. All the fights you know when to pop it, "Hodir casts frozen blows" bam switch over to Frost Aura pop aura mastery. When you see mimron do his Flame blast, switch to fire resist and pop aura mastery. On general, when you go in for mana, around 4-5 stacks, shadow resist and aura mastery. I suppose if no one is dying during those AoE fights, then screw it. Grab something else and enjoy.

The only people who wouldn't grab this talent either didn't read it carefully enough to recognize how useful it is, or someone who is just completely overwhelmed by the amount of buttons they have to push that they cannot manage another ability. Because playing a Paladin is hard.

@DTJ: Aura mastery used to be 40 yards. And honestly, there's no "ohshit" if you plan ahead. Get a rotation going with your Holy Paladins, it's really pretty simple.

We had a rotation with it, and I do understand the benefits, we just don't have many problems with people dying (Only instance that I want it currently is for Mimiron on P2 /vomit) not trolling here, just saying thats where I stand with why I don't have it.

No more, no less.

I'm just sort of depressed that it's only realy useful for the resistance fights, where as before I always picked it up without hesitation. Was it 40yds talented? I coulda swore it was 50...hmmmm

Potion seems to be trolling by the feel of his post, I don't believe this was an "I'm right you're wrong" thread more of an, "I took it did you? Or why didn't you?" thread. Try harder ;D

imo aura mastery is mainly for pvp. if aura mastery saves the raid then someone is bad. dps taking damage (from not moving when needed for example) or maybe healers or slacking or maybe u need another healer. just saying i would rather put the point somewhere else thats all. and yeah auras used to be 30 yrds, and aura mastery made it 40yrds

It's very usefull pre-emptively, but I hardly consider having to spend 2 GCDs switching to an aura then popping Mastery a definition of an acceptable "Oh shit" response.
    Quelana - Blood Furnace

Martini

Quote Originally Posted by egen2004
    ppl are always jealous at my 350% flying speed
    This

Aura mastery was more useful before they changed it. No way am i swapping auras around while healing the MT. If you want a way to have a pally oh shit button, have your ret pallys spec into Divine Sac ...pop it and bubble...they absorb damage while taking none themselves.

is it that hard to understand the benefits in PvP? obvious choice is obvious. PvE pallys sorry you lost your oh so useful 40 yard aura festival of fun, I hear it was so great and useful.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

I'd rather have a free 7800 mana pot every 11 minutes.

They rolled the 40 yard aura radius into all of our auras, so Aura Mastery is a pure buff over the old version. That said, I use it all the time in my Holy build. Ir's great for Frozen Blows, and I like the silence removal part for Freya on the big tree add, if I'm far from a mushroom.

Quote Originally Posted by sainthubbins
    I like the silence removal part for Freya on the big tree add
    I thought that aspect of Aura mastery was still bugged?

Quote Originally Posted by Caean
    I'd rather have a free 7800 mana pot every 11 minutes.
    You can have Improved Lay on Hands and Aura Mastery in your spec without losing too much. Actually I don't think I miss anything.

Aura Mastery is just wonderfull for fights like Hodir, Mimiron and Vezax. Perfect for pvp and quite nice for Crusader aura (damn argent quests that are so damn far)

Quote Originally Posted by Jdizzle
    imo aura mastery is mainly for pvp. if aura mastery saves the raid then someone is bad. dps taking damage (from not moving when needed for example) or maybe healers or slacking or maybe u need another healer. just saying i would rather put the point somewhere else thats all. and yeah auras used to be 30 yrds, and aura mastery made it 40yrds
    Actually no. DPS can't move away from the Flame blast in Mimron in P2. When Hodir gains Frozen Blow the entire raid starts taking alot of Frost damage. You HAVE to stand in the saronite vapors on General and gain more mana by mitigating more.

I don't take it, because I'm terrible at pressing CDs until its too late
    I take Wisdom and I've swapped the other 2 around, currently in Blessed Hands for the big increase on Salv (helps on progress where the tanks can't get a good rotation going) and the nice little oh shit increase on Sacrafice
    I'll probably switch back to LoH once we've got settled down more and start doing things that really push my mana and the tanks enough that the armor bonus will be worth it (combined with Glyph of Div)

So 1/4 of the paladins that did this poll do not have Aura mastery. Hmmmm