Poll: Do you have Aura mastery with your holy build?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Aura Mastery.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Aura Mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Piscesthepally
    is it that hard to understand the benefits in PvP? obvious choice is obvious. PvE pallys sorry you lost your oh so useful 40 yard aura festival of fun, I hear it was so great and useful.
    Once again showing that PvP is for intelligent people. :

I find aura mastery very useful in my holy build, though I didn't go for it to start with. I have our holydins rotate it on Hodir and it makes Frozen Blows a breeze, or we use it on Mimiron as an extra ohshit on the tank. It can mitigate quite a lot of damage raidwide and that is never a bad thing - a lot more interesting than what else is available for 1 talent point.

If your raid is too uber to need any survival ability help ever (lol) then you might not want Aura Mastery. Otherwise get it in your build and try it!

I <3 Aura Mastery.

15+ Year Old Account

Always nice to have Crusader Turbo Burst Aura when running around STV for the Fishing event

Aura Mastery is a ridiculously powerful talent, but considering that you'd have to sacrifice either +Crit (Sanctity of Battle), +Healing (Divinity), or ignore better talents completely, I simply can't say it's anywhere close to being as comparatively useful for PvE. It has it's highly situational uses, but they're pretty few and far in between.

Doubling Devotion isn't that big of a deal since 2400 armor isn't even noticeable when your tank has 30k. And the majority of raid damage comes from spells, anyway. And Imp LoH adds more than 2400 armor to your tank by far.

Imp Ret Aura is a definite stretch.

Boosting Crusader and Concentration are both gimmicks that are either a.) not usable in raids, or b.) can be obtained anyway. If a boss silences you in Ulduar, then you're simply not paying attention (i.e. Ignis' Flame Jets), and using AM as a crutch is just wasting your points.

The only actually viable reason for AM would be doubling the Resist of your current Aura, which is fantastic - in theory. The drawback is that it's only possible for 10 seconds every two minutes, and all elemental damage occurs much more frequently than that. Plus, your Prot Paladin or Ret Paladin could (and should) be using Divine Sacrifice/Guardian, which mitigates quadruple that amount at bare minimum. And it's all damage, not just Fire, Frost, etc. And it's cooldown and duration is the same - 2 minutes and 10 seconds, respectively.

Like I said, it's a PvP talent and a phenomenal one at that - I'd never Arena without it. But it's uses in PvE are highly situational, and, even then, limited at best.

The reason I don't take Aura Mastery and probably many others is it's really too situational. For one, no paladin should be using their GCD to switch auras then another to pop this ability....ESPECIALLY on tougher fights like Hodir where one mistake could lead to the MT's death.

Aura Mastery just isn't that good...wtb more useful talents that don't rely on just certain "oh shit" moments.

And just like a previous poster stated, if people are dying to these things you mention Aura Mastery is good for, then they don't really deserve to kill that boss anyway.

350% flying speed? whoopdeedoo...

IMO, aura mastery is crap.

If you like it take it...it's to me one of those optional buffs not so much necessary one.

Eh, I give up on trying to sway you guys to get it. Everyone says its a good PvP talent etc... But to me, you use it on Hodir, Thorim Hard mode, Freya(Not that useful on this fight), Mimron, General(HUGE FOR THIS FIGHT!). So thats 5 fights in Ulduar in which Aura mastery can be useful. Like I said, its not an "Oh shit" moment. You plan it. "Hodir casts Frozen blows" bam, pop it. You jump into the saronite vapors on general and around 4 stacks pop it. Anyways, I tried. Guess it depends on who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizarre
    Eh, I give up on trying to sway you guys to get it. Everyone says its a good PvP talent etc... But to me, you use it on Hodir, Thorim Hard mode, Freya(Not that useful on this fight), Mimron, General(HUGE FOR THIS FIGHT!). So thats 5 fights in Ulduar in which Aura mastery can be useful. Like I said, its not an "Oh shit" moment. You plan it. "Hodir casts Frozen blows" bam, pop it. You jump into the saronite vapors on general and around 4 stacks pop it. Anyways, I tried. Guess it depends on who you are.
    It sounds good in theory, but for only 10 seconds every 2 minutes, it's just not worth it or very useful overall. :-\

I got two holy builds, one of them has aura mastery + improved devotion aura, works <333 on 10-man, lil bit damage reduction and nice +%healing
    Quote Originally Posted by Neostigma
    He be climbin in yo windows burning yo people up
    so y'all need to hide ya kids, hide ya wife, and husbands coz he's burnin' everybody out there!
    Veru, player formerly known as Meliann.

If there was an additional passive bonus to it boosting auras someone might consider it worthy fpr PVE.
    In my opinion its a pure anti silence mechanic fpr pvpers.

tbh it depends on skills of people that you are raiding with and setup. Ofc people in better raiding guilds got better skills and setup, and can top-up 25-man raid in 2 sec, that's why they don't really need damage suppression. But speaking of people that raid with non-hardcore guilds, why shouldn't we make thing easier? I mean, for example if you got imp devo aura this spell gives you additional 6% healing for 10 secs, no matter what aura you're using. Imho pretty nice bonus, especially when you have to top people's health very quick.
    so y'all need to hide ya kids, hide ya wife, and husbands coz he's burnin' everybody out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Meliann
    I mean, for example if you got imp devo aura this spell gives you additional 6% healing for 10 secs, no matter what aura you're using. Imho pretty nice bonus, especially when you have to top people's health very quick.
    i think this is where most people are being mislead. aura mastery only boosts the base effect of the aura, not the talented bonuses to it. so using AM on imp. devo only adds armor, not any +heal. and using AM on ret aura only improves the reflect damage, not any +haste or +damage bonuses.

aura mastery is useless in pve.

If it is like you say, it's pretty much useless pvp for me either..

Thanks for writing that, think I should make few tests and decide, just to be sure 100%

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by EverDash
    i think this is where most people are being mislead. aura mastery only boosts the base effect of the aura, not the talented bonuses to it. so using AM on imp. devo only adds armor, not any +heal. and using AM on ret aura only improves the reflect damage, not any +haste or +damage bonuses.
    it's all about the resistance auras. when min-maxing it counts... it really do..

Actually no. DPS can't move away from the Flame blast in Mimron in P2. When Hodir gains Frozen Blow the entire raid starts taking alot of Frost damage. You HAVE to stand in the saronite vapors on General and gain more mana by mitigating more.
    /facepalm

That is the complete OPPOSITE of how this fight works.

Mana gained from saronite vapors = ((damage taken) ÷ 2)

Absorbed or resisted damage yields no mana
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerlu
    www.femaledwarf.com

Learn it, love it.

Crusader aura is multiplicative, and not additive. Therefore you are flying much much faster than +350% on a 310% mount with AM up.

Right now I don't have it, but next time I respec I certainly will.

People saying it takes 2 GCDs as an oh shit button need to pull their heads out of their asses. On hodir, a paladin can have frost resist up ahead of time. In a 25 man you're sure to have the other auras covered anyway, and really there aren't better talents to be shoving the points into that low in the tree.

Imp concentration aura? Eh, there are other pallies in the raid that already have it, and I can't think of the last time it would've even made a difference anyway. Imp wisdom? Sure I have it, but so does every other holy pally and it doesn't stack with mana spring which any resto shaman will have improved (it's a requirement for mana tide.)

You wanna talk about awesome damage prevention stuff though. Divine sacrifice is GODLY. Tantrum on XT makes me giggle as I pop bubble and divine sac, and then bop and divine sac. 40% less damage to the raid is just broken. It has certainly saved more raid damage than the bits of crit I lost by not being able to go into the ret tree. Having imp devo aura (which I took instead of 3 points in benediction) is also nice when I help friends with heroics or on thorium.

Should EVERY paladin have aura mastery? Nah, but if you've already got imp concentration aura covered and imp wisom/totem, there's no reason not to have it really.

i love Aura Mastery, i go 2 holy builds, one with high crit one with DS. so depending on the fights i switch whats more useful. and i have AM in both specc. 1 talent point is not much to spend on AM which can be really useful on some fights.

true i have only 1/2 in Imp BoW. but theres always other pally or shammy in raid who has imp one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos
    /facepalm

That is the complete OPPOSITE of how this fight works.

Mana gained from saronite vapors = ((damage taken) ÷ 2)

Absorbed or resisted damage yields no mana
    Off EJ. It is only bad if you fully resist the shadow damage.

"You can use Shadow Resistance on this fight. Both that it's very very bad (you can full resist Saronite Vapor and get no regen) and that it's useful (you can partial/full resist Saronite Vapor damage but the debuff still applies and generates mana)."

Off EJ. It is only bad if you fully resist the shadow damage.

"You can use Shadow Resistance on this fight. Both that it's very very bad (you can full resist Saronite Vapor and get no regen) and that it's useful (you can partial/full resist Saronite Vapor damage but the debuff still applies and generates mana)."
    Looks to me like it says the application of the debuff is different. It says you can partial/full resist the DAMAGE and that's good, but resisting "Saronite Vapor" (no mention of the damage) gets no regen.