Scourge strike, still too much ? QQ

Playing 32/0/39 pal with frost DK @ 2100 , i know DK's had alot of nerfs but seriously is there -ANY- other class wich can do this kind of dmg on 600res?

Nolól-Hellfire's Scourge Strike hits You for 8180 Shadow.(Critical)
    You gain 41 Mana from Replenishment.
    Nolól-Hellfire's Scourge Strike hits You for 4027 Shadow.

I got 600 res and cleansing the crap out of me, did just fine last season but these days they just insta kills me whenever they get to me.

What do you think ? Working as intended or is it too poweful ?

Re: Scourge strike, still too much ? QQ

Working as intended.
    It's mitigatable with block/dodge/parry much unlike frost strike.
    It's damage is directly proportional to how many diseases you have on you.
    It can be used more than twice in a row once every 5 minutes.
    All other times it can be used twice maximum and then theres a rather sizable cooldown inbetween.

and 8k~ magic dmg is pretty common.. Like elem sham's Lavaburst, destro lock's Chaos bolt, Moonkin's Starfire.. all these with a cast time not longer than a gcd (with appropriate talents / pvp set bonus)
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonak
    Working as intended.
    It's mitigatable with block/dodge/parry much unlike frost strike.
    It's damage is directly proportional to how many diseases you have on you.
    It can be used more than twice in a row once every 5 minutes.
    All other times it can be used twice maximum and then theres a rather sizable cooldown inbetween.
    wow 2 timnes in a row??

so let me get this straight.. 2 crits 16k DMG and then chain 2 silences pet stun and gargoyle??

is this working as inteded??

Quote Originally Posted by epestrepsa
    wow 2 timnes in a row??

so let me get this straight.. 2 crits 16k DMG and then chain 2 silences pet stun and gargoyle??

is this working as inteded??
    So you QQ about 8k damage when feral druids crit 16k ferocious bite? YES, sixteenthousand.

Quote Originally Posted by Roflcopters
    Playing 32/0/39 pal with frost DK @ 2100 , i know DK's had alot of nerfs but seriously is there -ANY- other class wich can do this kind of dmg on 600res?
    As it stands now:

Retribution paladins can do much more and provide their own control.
    Feral druids can do much more and provide their own control.
    Arcane mages can do so much more it's not even funny and provide own control.

DKs can only crit that much if you fail as a paladin, AND don't have any meaningful control outside dispellable/resistable silence (aura mastery?) and unreliable pet stun.

All in all, you're a paladin. Stop being carried by your partner and find disease dispel skill in your spellbook. 3k crits on your 600res should feel a lot more manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_
    As it stands now:

Retribution paladins can do much more and provide their own control.
    Feral druids can do much more and provide their own control.
    Arcane mages can do so much more it's not even funny and provide own control.

DKs can only crit that much if you fail as a paladin, AND don't have any meaningful control outside dispellable/resistable silence (aura mastery?) and unreliable pet stun.

All in all, you're a paladin. Stop being carried by your partner and find disease dispel skill in your spellbook. 3k crits on your 600res should feel a lot more manageable.
    I got 600 res and cleansing the crap out of me
    Ret pals - do about the same, only cc they can throw on the kill target is 1 stun
    Feral droods - do about the same, but little CC, they have 1 stun that breaks on enough dmg, and uses up their combo points (not counting pounce cause they cant really restealth). Also they dont wear plate (lose all their damage if they go defensive bear)
    Arcane mages - do more, have 1 interrupt/silence on target, but die if someone as much as sneezes on them.

Now DKs - crapton damage, 1 silence, 1 interrupt, 1 stun, and way to powerful defensive CDs that dont hurt their offense (actually they help their offense) at all.

EDIT: Turn ghoul stun off auto-cast, makes it more reliable, dont be bad.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by qae
    and 8k~ magic dmg is pretty common.. Like elem sham's Lavaburst, destro lock's Chaos bolt, Moonkin's Starfire.. all these with a cast time not longer than a gcd (with appropriate talents / pvp set bonus)
    Really, really, REALLY terrible arguement, like WOW what are you smoking.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

yes they do a lot of dmg...but at least now they have to build that dmg...imo desecration its op, keeping it down 100% whit no extra effort ...try cathcing a healer while he runs through it all the time...at least rogues and warrs need to melee to do that

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    Ret pals - do about the same, only cc they can throw on the kill target is 1 stun
    Feral droods - do about the same, but little CC, they have 1 stun that breaks on enough dmg, and uses up their combo points (not counting pounce cause they cant really restealth). Also they dont wear plate (lose all their damage if they go defensive bear)
    Arcane mages - do more, have 1 interrupt/silence on target, but die if someone as much as sneezes on them.

Now DKs - crapton damage, 1 silence, 1 interrupt, 1 stun, and way to powerful defensive CDs that dont hurt their offense (actually they help their offense) at all.

EDIT: Turn ghoul stun off auto-cast, makes it more reliable, dont be bad.
    Notably, comparing savage geared rets, ferals and arcane mages vs furious DKs has some problems. But other then that, you're totally correct. Savage geared rets et all do have about the same burst as furious DKs. Slightly lesser one in fact!

Of course when decked in comparable gear, they are in the world of their own, but who's counting, right? Honestly I'm still laughing about "about the same" on rets. As a currently ~2.5 ret/priest friend put it 3 weeks ago "we took two days to go from zero to 2.4k with me actually killing gladiator ranked dps inside a stun while their healer was feared. For the first time I'm actually scared about how much they will nerf us."

P.S. Hilarious ghoul comment. Clearly auto cast is the cause of problem, not "happens on next melee attack" clause or lag issues with pets in general.

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli

Really, really, REALLY terrible arguement, like WOW what are you smoking.
    He's smoking the corpse of the dead gladiator on ring of valor. Killed by a very skilled PvE arcane mage who do over sustained 10k/sec into 1k resilience over last 4 seconds, overloading all shields and gibbing the poor bastard on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by qae
    If I remember corrently those class are not plate and it still need cast time, that mean can be stop by interrupt, silence, thing like that.
    everyclass have intrrupt but not all class have disarm.

Quote Originally Posted by jneboon
    yes they do a lot of dmg...but at least now they have to build that dmg...imo desecration its op, keeping it down 100% whit no extra effort ...try cathcing a healer while he runs through it all the time...at least rogues and warrs need to melee to do that
    Introducing: mortal strike effect. Lovable comparison between a non-MS burst class and MS pressure class and MS pressure/control class are about as viable as comparing apples to oranges and toilet seats.

Is this pala qq ;D ?
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte
    If I remember corrently those class are not plate and it still need cast time, that mean can be stop by interrupt, silence, thing like that.
    everyclass have intrrupt but not all class have disarm.
    thoses classes needs cast time you can interrupt / Los them.. DK needs melee you can kite them.

Both have drawbacks.. but both can be powerfull depending on what classes they face.
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*