Has any one else noticed this in 3.1.2 patch notes?

All the way at the bottom

# Dungeons and Raids

* Players can no longer become saved to a raid instance when they aren't in the raid during a boss kill.

Does that mean accidentally? Or you can't go into an instance that some one else already killed bosses in? Or they need to kill a boss in the instance to actually get saved? Has any one heard about this?

Re: Has any one else noticed this in 3.1.2 patch notes?

There was a blue post recently that seems to have clarified this.

RaidID's will now update after each boss kill. If you go into an instance, you will no longer be instantly saved. You can run around the instance all you want, and as long as you are out of the instance before the next boss dies, you won't be saved.

I don't remember the exact link, but it was within the last week or so on the blue tracker, sorry for no specific link.

Got bored and found it: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/91581...s-cleared.html

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the way it was back in BC?

I seem to remember grouping with someone in my guild who had a partial Kara clear so I could run into the library and turn in the quest and I didn't get saved.

I also remember some guys saying they had been running around a fully cleared ZA the night before we ran and were worried that they'd been saved, but everything was fine, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't a reset day.

At any rate, this is definitely the way it should be.

yay no more saves to a fail VOA group
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

RWeber

Quote Originally Posted by jpwkeeper
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the way it was back in BC?
    No it wasn't. You'd get saved when you entered the raid instance. This lead to wonderful things like raid ID stealing.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibad

# Dungeons and Raids

* Players can no longer become saved to a raid instance when they aren't in the raid during a boss kill.

Does that mean accidentally? Or you can't go into an instance that some one else already killed bosses in? Or they need to kill a boss in the instance to actually get saved? Has any one heard about this?
    It means that if you were not in the instance while the bosses were killed, you will not get saved. Period.

So if a raid falls apart and the raid leader decides to be a twat and invites other people without telling them that bosses were killed. Then those people will not get saved to the instance when they enter.

Supposedly this is the improved version of the "Getting saved in 60 seconds warning"

If the instance is partially cleared and you enter without a raid-ID you will not get saved under any cercumstances, unless you kill a boss in that instance(Unless the whole instance is cleared, in which case you can not get saved at all). It is only after doing so, that you will get saved and share the same raid-ID as the people who started with the instance in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibad

# Dungeons and Raids

Players can no longer become saved to a raid instance when they aren't in the raid during a boss kill.
    How can you NOT understand this sentence? It's crystal clear.

You won't get saved unless you're present during the kill.
    You will only get saved if you're present during the kill.
    Clear enough?