Thread: warlock dps

warlock dps

greetings to all the skilled warlocks.
    i used to the top dps in guild but suddenly sth chaged and it start to change.
    here are my gears:
    2388 spell dmg self buffed
    431 hit rating. yes, it is a lot because there are no balance or spriest in raid
    22.56% crit inc talent
    906 haste with spell stone.
    41/30 is the talent
    i find it is hard to compete against other ppl, and iv tried on dummy.
    normally i do 2.8-3kdps on dummy no buff hp>35% and 4.4k<35% self buffed
    i think if the boss is havning hp>35%, i should do more.
    so here i want to ask if any1 here can give me some advice? even change to other spec is good but not affi. i think i may have too much haste but all sockets already for hits, therefore i cannot change it.
    thanx so much

Re: warlock dps

Try full destro.

with that much haste you should go afliction since you wil be able to cast alot of sbolts and keep up a fast eficient rotation with alot of practice, also youre spell power wil be awesome as afl, since afl stacks really well with spell power

Try alfiction, practice for a while with the rotation since its not easy.

Efectively you ahve to keep up all the dots and spam sbolt, guildie with much worse gear to you does 6k, you wil be able to make more when u master the spec

its also alot funner than hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Lazykoala
    with that much haste you should go afliction since you wil be able to cast alot of sbolts and keep up a fast eficient rotation with alot of practice, also youre spell power wil be awesome as afl, since afl stacks really well with spell power

Efectively you ahve to keep up all the dots and spam sbolt, guildie with much worse gear to you does 6k, you wil be able to make more when u master the spec

Or you can just spec Demo, and cast 1 spell over and over until 35%, Shadowbolts.....Soul Fire under 35% health

Quote Originally Posted by Lazykoala

the reason im not stay in affi because there are too many bosses in ulduar need to run all the time, it is hard to keep a good rotation. and some bosses need in some situation need to nuke fast. therefore i dont really like it. iv tried affi, yes it can do a good dps but some bosses it is hard and on trash it also not as good as other spec
    Quote Originally Posted by shono99
    Or you can just spec Demo, and cast 1 spell over and over until 35%, Shadowbolts.....Soul Fire under 35% health
    iv tried demon and that does the worst dps, but good on raid buffs. sometimes i do that just for raid buffs

Quote Originally Posted by xiaosaohuo
    the reason im not stay in affi because there are too many bosses in ulduar need to run all the time, it is hard to keep a good rotation. and some bosses need in some situation need to nuke fast. therefore i dont really like it. iv tried affi, yes it can do a good dps but some bosses it is hard and on trash it also not as good as other speciv tried demon and that does the worst dps, but good on raid buffs. sometimes i do that just for raid buffs
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but surely having mostly instant casts, free nightfall procs and your max, cast of one second would be better than standing still spamming incinerates?

For example I saw some nice dps from affliction locks on Hodir yet again last night but meh your call

You realy need to lose some haste and gain some spell power. Yes, warlocks scale well with haste, but even better with spellpower, 2388 self buffed isn't realy a lot. So, change some gear.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

i'm in mostly t7/10man naxx gear (some 10man ulduar), i'm also affliction and i pull 3.8-4k dps in ulduar 10man... and even more in Naxx... so, l2p?

THANKS TO in4i FOR THE AMAZING SIG! <3<3

With regards to 0/41/30:
    -Glyphs- Incinerate, Felguard, lifetap
    -have immolate, CoA and Corruption up at all times but never clip them
    -lifetap as your glyph of lifetap buff is running out
    -incinerate like crazy

Don't worry about the haste- spellstone gives much greater benefit than firestone, especially to your spec. At ~20% you are near the softcap, but better to be above it than way below it.

Honestly, a lot of it comes down to execution and when you are learning new encounters your execution tends to be sloppy. My advice would be to play the encounter and not the meters. If I'm asked to take care of the scrapbots in XT, I'm going to do that instead of worrying about the asshat who keeps dpsing the Heart instead of making sure his side is covered beating me on the meters.

Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

I dont use glyph of life tap, I use immolate..personally and I do pull 5k dps in raids.

Start battle cast sequence:

Coa
    Immolate
    Corruption
    Incen

When dots start to fall off...incen..dot..incen..

When you are down to about half your mana..you have to work in life tap...such as

Incen, dot, incen, life tap, incen, dot...ect

Immolate needs to first priority when refreshing dots, then Agony, and finally corruption.

When under decimation:

Incen, dot (as there is a delay when decimation proc shows), soul fire, Incen, dot...

If you do not have a dot to refresh...Incen, Incen, soul fire

Ill give u something to compare ur results to.

2650 spdmg selfbuffed
    360 hit
    26% crit
    530 haste with spellstone

i am also 0/41/30

im doing 3.0-3.2k on boss dummy
    5.7-5.9k on patchwerk at 3min+ kills
    6.5k on xt002 10man (with the 205sec achi)
    3k on mimiron 10 man (tanking in p3)

First off, Aff is the top DPS spec at the moment. If you've gotta move, you can have your dots still ticking so your DPS doesn't go down the drain. That's why it's being used so much in Ulduar. There are fights which aren't affliction-friendly, such as Razorlol (mobs which die fast, and are too few to strongly benefit from SoC spam unless your tanks bring them all together), Generlol Vezax (Where you want to do as much burst as you can, because you can only cast while in black goo), and maybe Yogg-Sarofl (If you're on little tentacle duty, you'll want those dead instantly instead of over 20 seconds, however all of phase 3 is basically drain-soulable, and most aff locks can easily do 8-9k alone in this phase).

Second, DPS does NOT matter. This is a common misconception. It's your damage output that is important. If you do 10000 DPS, but only put out a million damage on a fight like Yogg-Saron where you're expected to do 2-3 million, you've got burst damage but no sustainability. It's better to sustain 4k DPS for 10 minutes than do 7k for 5 minutes. Most Ulduar fights are long fights. Yogg can be upwards of 12-15 minutes, as can Mimiron etc.

Third, your haste is excellent for a good affliction spec. You'd lose the giant spellstone haste, but you'd still gain a very fast dot rotation. Drain Soul ticking at <25% becomes one hell of an execute and a DPS booster, and it's not that hard to keep going. If you're going to stay as a hybrid spec, then you should definately invest in reading up on Shadowbolt Weaving. This involves using the haste you have with decimation, to have shadowbolts and soulfires basically constantly firing and proccing by timing them and being at a certain distance. I don't have the details on what to cast and when, but you can read more about it at elitistjerks.com.

15+ Year Old Account

That's why it's being used so much in Ulduar.
    I wouldn't say affliction is topdps if we are talking Ulduar. It's simply not an afflictionfriendly place in general with the exception of 2, maybe 3 encounters.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Comfortable
    First off, Aff is the top DPS spec at the moment. If you've gotta move, you can have your dots still ticking so your DPS doesn't go down the drain. That's why it's being used so much in Ulduar. There are fights which aren't affliction-friendly, such as Razorlol (mobs which die fast, and are too few to strongly benefit from SoC spam unless your tanks bring them all together), Generlol Vezax (Where you want to do as much burst as you can, because you can only cast while in black goo), and maybe Yogg-Sarofl (If you're on little tentacle duty, you'll want those dead instantly instead of over 20 seconds, however all of phase 3 is basically drain-soulable, and most aff locks can easily do 8-9k alone in this phase).

Second, DPS does NOT matter. This is a common misconception. It's your damage output that is important. If you do 10000 DPS, but only put out a million damage on a fight like Yogg-Saron where you're expected to do 2-3 million, you've got burst damage but no sustainability. It's better to sustain 4k DPS for 10 minutes than do 7k for 5 minutes. Most Ulduar fights are long fights. Yogg can be upwards of 12-15 minutes, as can Mimiron etc.

Third, your haste is excellent for a good affliction spec. You'd lose the giant spellstone haste, but you'd still gain a very fast dot rotation. Drain Soul ticking at <25% becomes one hell of an execute and a DPS booster, and it's not that hard to keep going. If you're going to stay as a hybrid spec, then you should definately invest in reading up on Shadowbolt Weaving. This involves using the haste you have with decimation, to have shadowbolts and soulfires basically constantly firing and proccing by timing them and being at a certain distance. I don't have the details on what to cast and when, but you can read more about it at elitistjerks.com.
    And to do some corrections...The dps charts shown on elististjerks.com are with full ulduar gear for, perfect raid makeup, and just standing still. In addition to those factors...the dps charts from simcraft take into account of patch 3.2...thus it is irrelevant to live atm. In addition if you do look at it...with 3.2 patch use and the difference between pre-ulduar gear and ulduar geared charts...affliction is actually 3rd in dps w/o DG.

15+ Year Old Account

To break Ulda down a bit from a afflictionlock perspective. I only find it easy do dominate as affliction on Council and Yogg.
    On the oposite side, fights that really fuck affliction over are, Rzr, XT, Freya, Kel among others...

There are simply to many resets in forms of phases, targetswappings where burstsspecs are vastly superior.
    It take what is it, 12-15 secs for an affliction cycle to get to full potentiol?
    A destrospec with backdraft is simply much much better on the majority of the encounters in Ulda
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

yeh, spredheets =/= ulduar

theres very few fight where you can stand still and nuke away in ulduar so aff will do better as you can keep really nice dps using <1.5s casts and push sbolt anytime it's possible, ofc there are fights where you need to change targets quick and then aff is not so good, in the end it comes to personal preference as differences in damage are not that big anyway.