Poll: is sylvanas windrunner good or evil?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sylvanas Windrunner - good or evil?

This is mostly a question based on the info we now know, the fact that she knew about the doings of the RAS the entire time and even asked them to do alot of it.

SPOILER FROM THE NEW BOOK

here is a summery of what happens in the book Arthas rise of the Lich King.

Sylvanas windrunner is alerted by a Doctor of the RAS that her experiments are starting to work and wants to show her the results (when she enters the RAS room it is full of hanging cages some human some forsaken) One test subject is a human female and one is a forsaken male who she is told is criminal but she thinks he is not she could care a less though. The doctor then gives the forsaken a cup to drink and forces the human to drink the cup when she starts to bubble and bleed through her eyes nose and mouth and then soon died, the forsaken took longer but soon he melted into a black pool on the floor.

she then tells him to take great care that this would be deadly in the wrong hands. The next part i am writing is right from the book and is one of her thoughts.

At last, Arthas, you will pay for what you have done. The humans who spawned such as you shall be slaughtered . Your scourge shall be stopped in their tracks you will no longer be able to hide behind your armies of mindless undead puppets. And we will grace you with the same mercy and compassion you showed us. Despite her great control, she found herself smiling.

Feel free if you voted before reading this to change your vote but do you think she cares for anything anymore or is she just evil and bound for revenge.

Re: Sylvanas Windrunner - good or evil?

pretty damn neutral / im doing what it takes to survive

damn BEs are everywhere

seen so many undead BEs*npcs*
    seen ALOT of BE argent crusade pallys
    DKs are more diverse but they lack gnomes*seen alot of draenei

then theres the million BE*player* characters out there
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

Quote Originally Posted by archform
    pretty damn neutral / im doing what it takes to survive

damn BEs are everywhere

seen so many undead BEs*npcs*
    seen ALOT of BE argent crusade pallys
    DKs are more diverse but they lack gnomes*seen alot of draenei

then theres the million BE*player* characters out there
    what are you trying to say here, this is more of a wrathgate/forsaken sticking with and not killing the horde thread. not my class is being overtaken by bloodelfs

We all know what characters that are driven by revenge usually end up like. Arthas, Kael'thas, Illidan, Maiev... I don't think Sylvanas will be an exception to the rule.

feel free to start talking about it though this is not just a voting thread i wish for people to know more and help newer people understand the lore

i skipped the original post, still waiting on my book to arrive dammit

It's hard to deny she is consumed by vengeance and it depends how that plays out when we get Icecrown in 3.4 or whenever. The thing is I see her pulling through that with her head intact, otherwise you would have to find a new leader for the forsaken and I don't think there are many candidates lining up for that job considering her 2nd in command got wtfpwned by Varian and co (Thrall if you are horde im guessing).

So I *think* she will be one of the few characters in this game to survive her vengeance, but what path she takes after that is what im keen to know. All her "life" she has sworn revenge on the lich king, whats she gonna do when hes dead? Declare war on everyone incl horde? Not like they trust her to much anyways, especially after losing control there briefly ...

Deleted

She is cahothic neither good nore bad and between black and white there is an infinity range of grey.
    People who loses wars are always bad ...

the book is almost based off the game its self though everything fits together

Quote Originally Posted by sirvalden
    what are you trying to say here, this is more of a wrathgate/forsaken sticking with and not killing the horde thread. not my class is being overtaken by bloodelfs
    my answer you was the first one which i say shes neither/just trying to survive

i like to add extra that isnt always related to the topic

i personaly think shes more good than evil.

yes shes looking for reveange the most but shes not the only one.
    she was aware of RAS's plans but i think she was being fooled into how the plans where suppost to go. the events at wraith gate were not really suppost to happen the way they did. They were suppost to use them in the push agenst arthas in that blasted endless vally of zombies. That is the place where the there plagues where suppost to be.

sylvanas is "a bad girl" but thats a lightly used term when its concidered though her.

Just because she knew what the "new plague" was capable of, does not mean she was behind the incident at Wrathgate.

I still stand behind, and will continue to stand behind, the idea that Sylvanas mainly has it out for Arthas and his Armies of Undead and ONLY them, until some bit of in game lore comes out and says otherwise directly.

Heck, even with that quote from the book, I am left to ask: Who the heck are "The Humans who spawned such as you"? Anyone who played the Wc3 campaign for the Alliance knows that Arthas is pretty much a self made man, who's single minded drive to first protect his kingdom from the plague no matter the cost, and then get Vengeance on Mal'ganis when he failed at that, again no matter the cost, lead to him being turned.

No one "spawned" Arthas in any sense that I can make of the way she uses the term.

As to the RAS, I have always been under the impression that she ALWAYS KNEW they were desgining a New Plague. Pretty sure the existance of it and its development are mentioned a number of times through the Undercity related quests through most of Pre BC content.

The important thing, is that the main element of the new Plague is that it was being engineered not to re-animate the living as undead after it killed them, but to destroy the Undead. Sort of like using a virus to develop a vaccine. I am almost positive at one point there was a mention that if possible, they wanted to make it ONLY affect the undead, and NOT the living or free willed.

The attack at wrathgate was NOT any part of Sylvanas' plans. That was a side effect of a coup-attempt lead by the Legion, acting through Varimathras.

As far as i am concerned, the ONLY major mistake Sylvanas has made up to this point is that she trusted a Dreadlord (or at least thought she had him well and truly under her thumb).

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd
    Just because she knew what the "new plague" was capable of, does not mean she was behind the incident at Wrathgate.

I still stand behind, and will continue to stand behind, the idea that Sylvanas mainly has it out for Arthas and his Armies of Undead and ONLY them, until some bit of in game lore comes out and says otherwise directly.

Heck, even with that quote from the book, I am left to ask: Who the heck are "The Humans who spawned such as you"? Anyone who played the Wc3 campaign for the Alliance knows that Arthas is pretty much a self made man, who's single minded drive to first protect his kingdom from the plague no matter the cost, and then get Vengeance on Mal'ganis when he failed at that, again no matter the cost, lead to him being turned.

No one "spawned" Arthas in any sense that I can make of the way she uses the term.
    then after we done taking frostmourne from the lichking how is she gonna act?
    good or bad?
    i still say after the revenge its just helping BEs and Undead Survive while aiding the rest of the horde a bit

then after we done taking frostmourne from the lichking how is she gonna act?
    good or bad?
    i still say after the revenge its just helping BEs and Undead Survive while aiding the rest of the horde a bit
    pretty sure she will act the same way nearly every other major faction of the Horde currently acts. She will focus on ruling her kingdom, and trying to survive in a world where nearly everyone hates you simply for being you.

i think good and evil are probably relative terms, to be real. i mean, there's no doubt she loves her people but resents the fact that her living soul was taken from her and now she resides in the body of an undead. thus resulting in her hating the living. can't say i blame her! i do believe that she does good by her people but bad by others.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd
    pretty sure she will act the same way nearly every other major faction of the Horde currently acts. She will focus on ruling her kingdom, and trying to survive in a world where nearly everyone hates you simply for being you.
    something new can always happen
    and cause ppl to act differently

arthas also made her the way she is and controlled her for awhile right?

arthas also made her the way she is and controlled her for awhile right?
    he did make her but she had her own will from the start he just kept her in line with torture

well sylvanas is living with vengeance. she hates arthas, scourge and humans. i think that after arthas is dead she will try to take it on humans. but somehow i believe blizz will think of smt to stop her bloodlust. maybe alleria will suddenly appear and stop her sister? or thrall will beat some reasoning into her head?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestgirl09
    Well the book is not official (ie its not what the game is based on) and your thinking that she knew is based on your own opinion of how you took the story. Others took it at face value which is she didn't know what was happening.
    Um, the book is OFFICIAL.

How the hell do you think anything get its lore out. Warcraft, Warhammer, D&D, even Star Wars. You guessed it. Books.

They write the books so you can understand what's going on in the game.

Straight from Blizzard:

Any piece of literature authorized and licensed by Blizzard Entertainment is in-fact, official. The book series written by Richard A. Knaak in particular is an excellent example of real "Azerothian" history and lore available outside of our game software. We work closely with authors that help us expand our game universe, and the information should be considered official.I'm very sorry but your assumptions are not correct.
    -Eyonix

Metzen himself has also stated many times that he uses as many means as possible to get the lore and story across to the fans. Metzen the guy who wrote all the lore for warcraft, is the one that gives the stories and facts to the authors. He governs the stories to make sure they are OFFICIAL.

So whenever you call them unofficial your just stating what you wish they were. Please stop making retarded false statements.

15+ Year Old Account

Idk if shes evil per se. I do think that if she happened to have a batch of her plague.. and saw Arthas fighting the Alliance Army she wouldn't think twice about unloading it on them. Horde army even.

Putress had the goal of killing everyone, not exactly just revenge on Arthas.
    I think that sylvanas is so bitter she would kill horde and alliance if they were in battle with the Lich King. I say that cause after the Lich Kings dead.. wouldn't the forsaken be ok with dying? they're goal is complete.