Armor pen? confused..

Blizz is confusing me more with every post, maybe someone can explain?

"There is no cap on the amount of armor pen from which you can benefit. More points of armor pen always give you more damage (in the way more AP always gives you more damage, but more hit does not)."

How exactly are they saying it works, I was under the impression that since armor pen was now a % of the targets armor ment that 100% would basicly be a cap. I don't at all understand "You can't ignore more than a certain percentage of the armor per point." but I'm not worried about that, I'm more intrested/confused that they seem to be saying that ignoring more then 100% of the targets armor still gives an increase in damage.

Can someone clear this up a little bit for me?

Re: Armor pen? confused..

there's no ArP cap atm: more ArP => more Damage (just like Str/AP, there is NO cap. Dmg keeps increasing)
    armor can reach negative value. grim toll + mjolnir procc = srs biznz

Quote Originally Posted by Saian187
    armor can reach negative value. grim toll + mjolnir procc = srs biznz
    Armor cannot reach negative value and ArP has been stated that do not let you ignore more than ~8,3k armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermyt
    Armor cannot reach negative value and ArP has been stated that do not let you ignore more than ~8,3k armor.
    This is more what I would expect, but it is the opposite of what they said...saying it's like AP and not like hit..

Quote Originally Posted by cerealK
    This is more what I would expect, but it is the opposite of what they said...saying it's like AP and not like hit..
    I think they ment that you cannot possibly ever reach the cap.
    And even if ArP suffer from diminishing returns (wich I'm not sure about) becouse armor grant protection in a esponential manner the benefits from ArP will still be there, strong as usual.

Blue post qoute: "There are caps to armor pen, but the total amount of armor that can be reduced is not one of them."
    It's exactly like I said it in the first post. Double GT+MR proccs have proven this already.

You are completely incorrect.
    Carthago delenda est.

Quote Originally Posted by gehennaspawn
    You are completely incorrect.
    Scary thing is, how people still let it look so confident.

Quote from: Ghostcrawler

We didn’t want Armor Penetration Rating to be too powerful against low armor targets, like it had been in BC. We also didn’t want Armor Penetration Rating to be too powerful against high armor targets.

So, we decided on a system where there is a cap on how much armor the Armor Penetration Rating can be applied to.
    [...]For a level 80 target, C=15232.5. For a level 83, C=16635.

The cap for Armor Penetration then is: (armor + C)/3.

A level 80 warrior creature has 9729 armor. C=15232.5. So, the cap is (9729+15232.5)/3=8320.5
    Let’s say a player has 30% armor penetration from armor penetration rating and no other modifiers that complicate the calculation (talents, Battle Stance, Sunder Armor, etc.). The game chooses the minimum of 8320.5 and 9729, so 8320.5. That is multiplied by 30% = 2496.15, and so that much armor is ignored.

Maybe you should stick with the current blue posts, testings, calculations. :