Omen Of Clarity, when?

I have seen guides that say go to mangle and then shift to restro to get ooc
    Others say get it first or go so far in feral then resto then back to feral.
    then other variations say do this but respec at 50 to get mangle then....etc

what is the correct way to build a kitty ?
    I am only 21 now but I don't know.
    I am thinking go to mangle first then to resto.

what and why?
    thanks for info

Re: Omen Of Clarity, when?

I don't understand this post at all.

Getting mangle first and then grabbing ooc is your best bet while leveling.

Does that help?

Deleted

You definately want mangle before anything else. I dont think that rend and tear is insanely amazing for leveling, and while berserk adds some more damage, its still not going to do much on your equal mob kill. Once you have mangle, it would be a decent bet to go after OoC (grab naturalist on the way for a sweet damage increase) and then start filling out feral tree even more.

I had never considered it...but dropping down to OoC, then going feral until 50 and respec'ing for mangle may not be a bad idea...but at the same time, you put off picking up the cat form run speed increase and feral charge and other talents for 11 levels that I would imagine will speed up your leveling more than OoC + 10% physical damage or natural shapeshifter.

I went full feral to 50, then down to OoC at 61. Just guessing, I would say picking up feral swiftness and feral charge 11 levels faster would help in the long run more than OoC from 20 -> 50...but please someone correct me if I'm wrong

Deleted

Thats what i did.

I took 11 talents from Feral (up to Feral Swiftness) and then went for OoC. I recommend respeccing for Mangle at 51lvl tho (I didn't and I got myself stuck with Claw until 68 ;D).

get OOC, then respec when your at a level where you can get mangle

I am not at home so I could not look up the exact builds but they have been shown here.

Getting mangle first and then grabbing ooc is your best bet while leveling.

11 talents from Feral (up to Feral Swiftness) and then went for OoC. I recommend respeccing for Mangle at 51lvl

I went full feral to 50, then down to OoC at 61.

of course I have also seen get OoC at 64 too.

THEN THE BIGGIE that a lot of people swear by...OoC <<<FIRST
    then move to feral tree.

There are a LOT of variations, I first read about this in 2.3 days. Seems it has never changed and will never be answered&#160; LOL

I looked at it purely as which one is fastest killer.
    But as CSJenova&#160; pointed out, more damage but you give up charge and swiftness at low level to attain it.

maybe down to swiftness, restro to OoC then back to feral till level 51, then respec.

baseball might be right just get feral and then restro later.

IT WILL NEVER BE ANSWERED its all in the way you want to play. But its a damn good question.
    ( I was hoping since 2.3 that the trees had changed or that something had changed and there was an answer

Clearly you should dual spec and switch between mangle and OOC specs on different fights :-)

The best way to kill mobs in cat form is by far Mangle spam and Ferocious Bite when you feel you finish them off with that or get them very close to death. No need to DoT them when you grind for quests as they will not even get to tick for half the duration and the mob will die (talking about Rip, Rake on the other hand can be usefull for a stronger mob, it's ofc situational). So from that alone, as others already stated: get mangle first, then move to OOC. For AE just go bear, gather a bunch of them and hurt your fingers spamming swipe and glyphed mauls .
    /hug

Depends if you're willing for respecs at all or aiming towards your end product from start to finish.
    Also depends on style somewhat, it's entirely possible to bear AoE grind.

If you're willing to do respecs the go omen first, respec can come either when you hit 40 or 50, the return of survival of the fitest, leader of the pack crit + imp leader of the pack for reduced downtime after that at 40; or wait for mangle at 50.
    If you're not going to respec mangle as soon as you can then you want OOC then feral to shredding attacks and brutal impact, weak frontal attacks without mangle means make the most of pounce and shred from behind.
    When you go to mangle in feral tree without omen first the 3 points in king of the jungle for energy on demand are better return before returning to build resto tree back up.

Remember omen procs can be used on anything, can pop healing spells with them also.