Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Warrior 51 pt Tanking Talent

clearly the OP is stuck in the days of TBC where ppl know that warriors were the best at single threat, but times have changed and we're in WOTLK where every tanking class is now equal and paladins are neck and neck (dare say more so) with warrior threat, plus what makes me lol so much is that he states to QQ about the talent now, 6 months after the expansion was released and 7 months after the 3.0 patch was implemented.

if the OP wanted to QQ about it then why the hell didn't he just state it 1/2 way thru naxx or in SWP (or in the OP's case SSC/TK)

Shockwave is an imba move that helps lot in a threat rotation for single target dps, and as others have said before me, if you dont like the shockwave talent, QQ elsewhere and stop playing the fecking class.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberek
    Can you tell me how shockwave helps you when your tankign the boss, Im tired of people not reading this thread.
    Because shockwave when replacing the last devastate before SS comes off cooldown again (thus you didn't get any proc on the previous devastate either) is a very significant threat increase. The same counts for using Concussion blow in the same circumstances (preferably shockwave first as it's a shorter cd). The stun might not work on bosses but the damage makes it (together with conc blow as it uses the same formula) our 3rd best threat ability after revenge and shield slam.

For that matter, as mentioned before, heroic throw is also worth using (surely if you can time it with your swing to avoid losing lots of time on it), so is activating retaliation at a non-s&bproc point, and argueably depending on your gear rend is also worth using at high % hp after sunders are up. For that matter, if your melee is low on threat and casters are high on threat a well-timed shattering throw can grant you a nice tps increase aswel in combination with an overall raid dmg increase for 10 seconds.

15+ Year Old Account

Oh yea, make shockwave really good/almost OP in all situations that can happen. As if blizzard didnt know that would be unbalanced? They gave us a nice ability which, i at least, love. I could like a 360degrees stomp, but i have managed to use the cone so far..so i can easily live with it.
    And i think its wrong to compare abilities 1on1. Its the result in the end that counts. ...if anyone understand what i mean..

I fail to see what the Arms 51 point talent has to do with this.
    Absolutely nothing. I fail to see why you don't understand what that little wink emoticon at the end of my post meant, but to explain, it means I'm just playing around.

, and we arent strong for survivability, .
    Sorry, I should have specified that I meant those of us who are properly specced, geared, and use our cooldowns effectively.

compare us to the high health of druids and the avoidance of DKs along with their CDs.
    It's been noted that block could use some improvement, but the fact remains that we have it, and they do not.

And for god sakes, how the hell can you justify a talent says its good for heroics, raid bosses are the real challenge and that is when a classe's meddle is tested.
    Maybe you only skimmed my posting. I stated that we already had good single target boss survivability, but that Shockwave was a nice utility for group aggro in heroics where you're the only tank. Without Shockwave, heroics would be a tabbing, cleaving nightmare (even though we have Thunderclap) for warrior tanks, and that's the biggest benefit I see from shockwave. It's nice while raiding, but it's not essential to bosses IMO, and I don't think we need to replace it with a 51 point talent that is more beneficial on boss fights when I feel that our aggro and survivability is already good. I'd be willing to bet that Blizz is going to give block a bit of a buff soon, but I don't think there is anything wrong with Shockwave being at the top of the prot tree.

Noob says:
    1. Tanking 51 talents suck, always have sucked, and this won't change. A tank is a talent tree. Not a single talent. This might be a bit different for dps classes/speccs because they tend to only pick up those max dps talents. where as I am pretty sure I have never seen a tank that didn't go 51 into one tree.
    2. AoE tanking is "the new thing" in wotlk
    3. who cares. So what if our 51 point talent sucks, then don't take it! If you find it useless then stop acting like "it makes up xx% of our dps and it increases our survivability by xx%, so it should be buffed" (xx = aloott of percent), If you don't take it, then you simply wont be able to Shockwave anymore. I do agree however that this talent has very little use aside from being another thunderclap when it is off cd.
    4. oh and comparisons... oh shit, EVERY other tanking class is much BETTER THAN US!!! kill them :O!
    Really, I hate this crap about class balance. Blizzard programs it, you don't have to show anything. program and market yoru own game if you think you can do it better

Only problem i see with shockwave is that they could make the cone a little wider.

Death Knight
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=49184
    A radial AoE with a disease glyph
    Blood's 51p talent: DRW dosen't give you threat.
    Unholy's 51p talent: Gargoyle dosen't give you threat.
    Frost's 51p talent: Howling blast. If its single target then we are only using HB when we get Freezing Fog procs from Obliterate.