epicave

which sealz for pvp?!(martyr or vengence)

so ive been going over my specs rotations and things like that. I know seal of the martyr does 33% of damage caused, but i was wondering if the extra burst damage is worth it for Pvp or maybe should i go with Seal of vengence?, i tried seal of light but not doing enough for damage/healz:P,then i tried justice didnt seem to proc enough and seal of command jsut doesnt seem to be worth the talent point, should i try switching between sealz mid battle? and what would be a good rotation for arena?? PLz and thnx.

Re: which sealz for pvp?!(martyr or vengence)

Nub flames inc

You should use SotM and keep Sacred Shield up on yourself. SS absorbs A LOT of the recoil damage from SotM. You probably aren't getting the SoJ stuns you want because it quickly suffers from dimishing returns and your target will become immune to it.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

You dont have the mana regen in pvp to be spending 500 extra mana to swap seals. Just use martyr. Im not really sure why people try to reinvent the wheel constantly on these forums. Just do what the best people do and you have a better shot. No offense, but they are better than you for a reason. You are not special. I hate posts like this.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben
    You dont have the mana regen in pvp to be spending 500 extra mana to swap seals. Just use martyr. Im not really sure why people try to reinvent the wheel constantly on these forums. Just do what the best people do and you have a better shot. No offense, but they are better than you for a reason. You are not special. I hate posts like this.
    This is the type of post I expected. A person legitimately doesn't know and someone jumps them for asking. There really is no point to make posts like this. Simple questions are easy to answer. Know-it-alls wearing trash gears that have no idea what they are talking about deserve your flames.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

epicave

mana is not my problem i dont generally ever run out unless the duel is draggin on and in that case i do switch my seal to SOW and use JOW and its full in a matter of seconds
    and i know other pallys who do switch seals back and forth for the dif effects so its really not far outta the question id just like not to. yes i ask alot of noob questions but im still learning to play my class correctly like everyone keeps telling me to and im not gonna learn w/o asking some noob questions...

15+ Year Old Account

sacred shield is great. use Martyr. nothing compares, you will find it hard to kill anything with any other seal.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by epicave
    mana is not my problem i dont generally ever run out unless the duel is draggin on
    Or if fighting a Priest....

OP are you like trying to troll or somthing? I'm sorry I just honestly can't believe you don't know what you should be using. I really don't mean to be a dick, infact I'll answer your question just for the sake of adding to the thread constructively.

In ARENA PvP, you should be using martyr MOST (Nearly 100 percent) of the time. Stacking seal of Vengeance and then switching to Martyr sounds appealing, but you just don't have the time to do that in most cases, and its merely a waste - so get that idea out of your head. Seal of Light, might sound appealing if you are trying to go defensive, but really it is not worth it either. Seal of Justice - this is crap, I mean total crap, I honestly can't think of a situation you would ever ever put this on in pve pvp, arena or bg's, or standing by the mailbox in dalaran.

BE WARNED ABOUT SEAL OF COMMAND: seal of command is simply not as good as martyr.. it procs somtimes, martyr procs every time. You might think "yah but what about the judgment, it does about 800-100 more damage" While that may be true, and it is the only reason some paladins still find it appealing (because they like to see big numbersz lewl) The real downfall of seal of command is that you half to spec for it.. that is 1 nearly wasted talent point, you also need to glyph for an extra 20 percent proc. The seal is just not worth its cost, when you have somthing better, that is free.

HOWEVER.. I hear (I have not run the comp myself) that if you play ret/rogue in 2v2, command is useful there, simply because of stuns you and your rogue combine bring to the table, it enables good burst (instant crit judgments on stunned targets) Also since it is 2 dps, you don't have someone to heal bot you, and damaging yourself with martyr might not be a good idea (you are probably going to be the focused target in a 2's with a rogue).

I hope this helps you sir.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

epicave

i was pretty sure i should be using martyr, but i was looking for more opinions i have some friends that use Sol and Soj but and i was iffy about the martyr because the damage done to me, anyways my 2v2 team is me and a preist and ty for the help

Guess it'll be obvious once 3.2 comes out :-\

But he is special!

15+ Year Old Account

Why was this Topic Necro'd???

><