Thread: Astral Shift

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Astral Shift

so, imho i believe that astral shift, the talent that reduces damage taken by 30% while stunned, silenced, ect. should be increased to 50% or possibly even made into an active ability with a cooldown, perhaps also reduces chance to hit and increases pushback resistance so we can heal.
    Currently writing the Shaman Manifesto. Will include QQ, e-peen blazes, nerfs, and lightning. God damn i love lightning.

Re: Astral Shift

i wouldnt mind if Astral Shift was 50% since we cant do anything when Astral Shift is active...but they need to buff Elemental warding, it only reduces 6% of damage...

I think both should be increased to 100% tbh.

Don't you think 50% is too much?
    It's like you have Divine protection (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=498) active every time u get stunned/feared/silenced.

And about Elemental warding, it's passive ability that's always active. 6% is fine, maybe 10% would be max from passive talent but it's great how it is now compared to how it was before before.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Isabis

Astral Shift is great, really dosn't need changing.

Edit: Although if it would remove roots/make you immune to roots while active.... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Seventeen
    Edit: Although if it would remove roots/make you immune to roots while active.... :P
    Why should the do this???

Well i think we should have the buff like 5 sec after the stun/fear/silence is gone.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nas&n=Ishixaph Elemental Shaman PEW PEW LAZER DPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkakuma
    i wouldnt mind if Astral Shift was 50% since we cant do anything when Astral Shift is active...but they need to buff Elemental warding, it only reduces 6% of damage...
    They can't buff Elemental warding, unless they moved it higher up into the tiers. Those damn resto shamans are always holding you down :P

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenmirror
    They can't buff Elemental warding, unless they moved it higher up into the tiers. Those damn resto shamans are always holding you down :P
    agree!

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

you know the more i mull it over i think if they were to make AS a 100% safety when stunned, feared and possibly silenced (rooted would be too OP) it wouldnt be way overkill. Think of it this way.

You cant poly the druid, he will just shift and run off.
    You cant burn the pally, he will just bubble.
    You cant stun-lock the shaman, he will just AS.

people already think things like "no point in CCing a druid he can get away", why not think "no need to stun the shaman, it wont hurt him" the only viable argument to this would be that people would complain that AS is the anti-rogue and unfair to a class whose mechanics are built around stunning and damaging a player, but really no one likes stun-lock rogues... i even know rogues that complain. (and its high time there was a rogue anti-class)
    Currently writing the Shaman Manifesto. Will include QQ, e-peen blazes, nerfs, and lightning. God damn i love lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugín
    Why should the do this???

Well i think we should have the buff like 5 sec after the stun/fear/silence is gone.
    Agreed a 5 sec buff just like enh shammies get for their snare free up totem

maybe the dmg you abosorb heals you.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by lash
    maybe the dmg you abosorb heals you.
    or a % of it, like 50%. so, you take in 70% damage (30% reduced), 50% of which (35%) is healing you, so AS results in a 65% damage reduction shield when stunned, feared, or silenced. I think thats a viable survivability change to the elemental tree if i ever saw one.

Quote Originally Posted by XeroXen TruSin

.... (and its high time there was a rogue anti-class)
    (in duels) i feed on rogue tears..... nom nom nom

you can throw away enemies around you while stunned, and when you stunned you take less damage, and you have 100% crit 2sec/instant soulfire, what burst or survability you want? think about others. if enemy stands in right place you can just thunderwhat him, and you can never see him again, you can heal, and you have absorb, also you have antifear and antipoison. AS is fine, it don't need any improvment. maye nerf or deminishing with resistance (my mage in pve gear crits shammy for 1.4k scorch wow, it's amazing)

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor
    you can throw away enemies around you while stunned, and when you stunned you take less damage, and you have 100% crit 2sec/instant soulfire, what burst or survability you want? think about others. if enemy stands in right place you can just thunderwhat him, and you can never see him again, you can heal, and you have absorb, also you have antifear and antipoison. AS is fine, it don't need any improvment. maye nerf or deminishing with resistance (my mage in pve gear crits shammy for 1.4k scorch wow, it's amazing)
    play a shaman then come back

I do remember the orignel concept of Astral Shift, if I recall it was called Astral Plane. Gave a percent chance to trigger when hit with melee attacks to become immune to melee attacks for I think three to four seconds. I can see why Blizzard changed it, but Astral Shift rellies heavily on some one else to save you. I view it as the "oh no I have a rogue on me and won't get off, keep me up!"

Hopefully with the Q&A they are doing on the Shaman Forums that we see some major changes with PvP for elemental. Don't get me wrong, I love Earth Bind now and the Stoneclaw Glyph, and I can use Thunderstorm while stunned, but in most cases it's fairly difficult to play "keep away" from melee now.

(Hopefully we see some PvE changes to.)
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor
    Wrong is written all over this.

IMO remove the 30% dmg reduc while feared, just takes 30% more time to get out of the fear, or make it a fear time reduc by 30% instead of damage reduc...

just my 2c on the topic