Icecore Staff vs. Torch of Holy Fire

So, I'm having some problems with deciding which weapon I should go with.

Icecore Staff http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45886
    Torch of Holy Fire http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40395 + Ironmender http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45271

Opinions? I'm Holy.

Deleted

Re: Icecore Staff vs. Torch of Holy Fire

Good morning.

here wo go:

# 9 Aesuga, Hand of the Ardent Champion + Runed Scarlet Ruby - Vezax (Ulduar 10 Hardmode)
    705.84 = 48*0.21+39*0.71+16*0.65+520+19=116.72
    #10 The Lifebinder - Freya (Ulduar 25)
    688.21 = 550+121*0.21+80*0.21+120*0.65+18
    #11 Torch of Holy Fire – Kel'Thuzad (Naxx 25)
    678.21 = 520+49*0.21+48*0.65+116.72

#12 Rapture - Iron Council (Ulduar 25)
    675.91 = 550+119*0.21+121*0.21+81*0.71+18
    #13 Icecore Staff - Hodir (Ulduar 10 Hardmode) + Runed Scarlet Rubys
    653.66 = 520+105*0.21+76*0.21+61*0.65+2*19+18

from www.shadowpriest.com

i think if you are a jc a Runed Dragon's Eye gives you: 673.66 = 520+105*0.21+76*0.21+61*0.65+19 +32 +7 +18

and is it still not as good as
    #11 Torch of Holy Fire – Kel'Thuzad (Naxx 25)
    678.21 = 520+49*0.21+48*0.65+116.72

go for a coffee now ;-)

Thanks, alot.

Deleted

o i just saw that you are holy.

the calcualtion above is from a shadow pov.

maybe a holypriest could say somthing about it.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

As holy go for the Icecore Staff. It's A LOT better than ToHF.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    As holy go for the Icecore Staff. It's A LOT better than ToHF.
    Any Holy Priest that can confirm?

I'll assume a 8int/8spi gen and a 8int/9spellpower gem in the staff. YMMV.

Spellpower staff: 520 + 9 + 7 = 536
    Spellpower alternative: 520 + 74 = 594
    Mace wins bigtime.

Intellect staff: 105 + 8 = 113
    Intellect alternative: 49+47 = 96
    Staff wins bigtime

Spirit staff: 76 + 8 = 84
    Spirit alternative: 45
    Staff wins bigtime, even if you calculate in the 15 MP5 bonus on the mace. So let's.

Stamina staff: 102
    Stamina alternative: 36+54 = 90
    Staff wins bigtime

Haste staff: 61
    Haste alternative: 48+36 = 84
    Mace wins bigtime

The spellpower lead the mace gives you isn't that important. What you really end up deciding on is whether you want to be ahead in mana or in spellpower. For a holypriest, mana is usually the most pressing issue, but that's a choice you need to make yourself.

Personal note: Staves rock

Edit: Forgot the spellpower on the ironmender. My bad.

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    Spellpower staff: 520 + 9 + 7 = 536
    Spellpower alternative: 520
    Staff wins.
    Um... Ironmender has 74 spellpower on it. So while the staff can have 536, Torch + Ironmender will have 594. Mace wins bigtime.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

You are quite right! How could I miss that one! Will update the previous post.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

With Danner Calculations, is quite clear who's better, not counting Stamina:
    Mace gets +70SP and +23 haste and 15 mana regen.
    Staff gets +17Int and 39Spirit.

Mace + Ironmender all the way.

I doubt ther's a Staff in the game that can compete versus a 1Hander + Offhand of its same level, in this case, 226staff vs 226mace+226offhand.

I'd wait to get one of the 232 Staves, for them is worth switching to a 2hander.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    I doubt ther's a Staff in the game that can compete versus a 1Hander + Offhand of its same level, in this case, 226staff vs 226mace+226offhand.
    that is a relative statement; it all depends how you spec/gem/play. staves will always have more stats but will never have more spellpower than a comparable mh+oh combo. staves will give you more stats, and more haste/regen/crit/hit stats than a mh+oh combo would (sometimes its close however)
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

dont forget staves have a +81 spell power enchant now.
    Zinge
    Officer of <Smitus and Friends> 7/7M 10/10M
    US 10th

Izenhart: Well... it's really an open question.

Yes, if you are stacking spellpower, then a mace+offhand is better. The staff has a +81 spellpower, vs the mace +63 spellpower enchant. The +70 SP is effectively reduced to a +52 SP, but no matter how you twist it, the macecombo comes out on top in terms of spellpower. I would however argue that spellpower is one of the least important stats for a holypriest. Not useless by far, but serioysly, +52 SP is not that awesome when you already heal for 5 digits.

17 int, 39 spirit should be giving you around 0.4 MP5 per int, and 0.5 MP5 per spirit. That's a 26.3 MP5. Estimate.
    But well above the 15 MP5 given by the mace+offhand. Sure, 11 MP5 is not a while lot, but pretty comparable to the 52 SP difference.

As for haste vs stamina.... well... that too is comparable. Which item is best? Hard to say. I like staves, I think thye look cool. But the macecombo has a good possibility to be replaced with the legendary mace someday. That's more of a pain with the staff.

Which to choose? Up to you.

With the hardmode loot from 10 man getting buffed slightly, the stave will probably be the clear choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Ulduar 10-Player Hard Mode Weapons Update
    Screenshots of the new stats will be available shortly.
    [blizzquote="Zarhym;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/12/16903640039-ulduar-10player-hard-mode-weapons-update.html]In order to better reward players for completing hard mode encounters in 10-player Ulduar, we will be updating weapon rewards from these hard mode encounters to an item level of 232 in the next minor patch. Players already with these items should see an increase in the power of these items to better reflect the new item level. [/blizzquote"]
    The staff will probably be the way to go now.

I would definitly choose the staff over the mace combo. Base stats always scale better with buffs and talents!

Also, if this calcualtion is done für Holy the extra 39 spirit give you another 11-12 spellpwr after talents plus the extra 18 spellpwr through staff enchant, so the staff is really only 28 spellpwr behind the combo.

Go staff!

As a general rule, a 2H weapon will give you more stats, and a 1H+OH will give you more spellpower, assuming they are all of the same item level.

In this case, the staff's upcoming buffs accompanying it to it's new ilvl 232 will likely make it (after sockets) offer comparable spellpower to a torch combo while offering better stats, so a clear choice.

And the damn staff didn't drop again tonight

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    As a general rule, a 2H weapon will give you more stats, and a 1H+OH will give you more spellpower, assuming they are all of the same item level.

In this case, the staff's upcoming buffs accompanying it to it's new ilvl 232 will likely make it (after sockets) offer comparable spellpower to a torch combo while offering better stats, so a clear choice.

And the damn staff didn't drop again tonight
    Too bad. >