Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: furious weapon 2350

I'd also like to throw in that once you get the rating, each person in your team gets gear, and you can pick what you want. Compared to Raids where you have a large chance to roll against many other people for the item, and not get it, AND not see it even drop.

Also, I believe there are currently more Arena teams with that rating than there are who have beat the boss in Hard mode and had the item drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by ilias
    Vezzax hard-mode is significantly easier than getting that rating (Unless ur in a rp / rpm team LOLOL)

The hard mode is pretty simple, l2 use shadow crashes to your advantage, just takes like 2-3 hours to get it done MAX. However, playing 20 hours of arena might just get you to the 2k rating untill you get gibbed a few times, and lose lots of points which you have to gain all over again. 2350 isn't eaz mode.
    I agree, 2350 is not easy to attain at all, which is why they bumped up the rating requirement to make it not so easily obtainable.

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    I can't wait tell This gear comes out for BG points. It'll be BC all over again... Meaning we will see even more of people who don't have a clue what they are talking about../wrist...
    Why? It's not goin to be anything significant. It will take another 2 seasons before you can buy the furious set pieces with honor (you can buy Hateful now) and weapons will probably not be purchasable with honor anytime soon, if ever, as they aren't right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ElitehunterDS
    hunter and warrior
    -_-
    i hate Blizz itemisation
    This just in, warriors go for strength

Quote Originally Posted by Bron
    You do know that you are totally wrong right? each server will have about 5 guilds doing vezax hardmode, some 10 some 1 so average lets say 5.
    5 guilds with atleast 25 players = 125, you have 125 ppl on your realm over 2350? I dont think so.
    Although 10 guilds may be "attempting" hard mode (and probably wiping at 90% or so) it is going to take a while before we see even just a handful of guilds (worldwide) being able to down him and have hard mode on farm.
    And yes, I do believe that there is a good 125 people from my realm that have over 2350. Also, I don't see how your math/logic is right, 5 out of 25 of those people could/would actually use the weapon while it would be pretty useless for the rest.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    Why? It's not goin to be anything significant. It will take another 2 seasons before you can buy the furious set pieces with honor (you can buy Hateful now) and weapons will probably not be purchasable with honor anytime soon, if ever, as they aren't right now.
    It will be annoying to see people "overgeared" for raids because they AFK'd in a BG. BC let you skip half the raids (as a DPS and sometimes heals) if you AFK'd in a BG for the Merciless gear, because after getting that gear, you didn't need anything from lower ones like Kara.
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    getting the rating isnt too hard also. at least not harder then vezax hard mode.
    Yeah. Getting a rating that 0.6% of all arena teams get is "not too hard"
    [/ sarcasm]

15+ Year Old Account

This just in, warriors go for strength
    1 - in pvp they wont mind since they dont have a strenght talent and wont have BoK on them..

2- agility = armor
    and
    armor = Ap
    but well its low lol

It will be annoying to see people "overgeared" for raids because they AFK'd in a BG. BC let you skip half the raids (as a DPS and sometimes heals) if you AFK'd in a BG for the Merciless gear, because after getting that gear, you didn't need anything from lower ones like Kara.
    True, but keep in mind that was very late in the expansion when t6 was already out. So I wouldn't care/mind if the same thing happened in WOTLK. I would rather have newbs go and AFK for their budget gear (which is still horrible for pve since it has no hit rating) instead of seeing them get carried by others in a fail naxx pug.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonak
    Yeah. Getting a rating that 0.6% of all arena teams get is "not too hard"
    [/ sarcasm]
    Yeah getting the item from the boss that next to no, if any, guilds have done and only having a chance to get it to drop is "easier"

1 - in pvp they wont mind since they dont have a strenght talent and wont have BoK on them..
    Cough PVE topic Cough

2- agility = armor
    and
    armor = Ap
    but well its low lol
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=46866
    ^^^ Strength talent ^^^

Also, since kings is now trainable to all pallies, unless they do 2s with a druid, they could very well have kings (even though might is better for dps but the extra HP helps sometimes too).

I don't know why you bring up agility, furious weapons do not have any agility on them (other than the druid/hunter staff). 1 agility=2 armor and 180 armor or 90 agility=3 ap.... I still don't see agility being a viable stat, especially over pure str/crit.

Yeah getting the item from the boss that next to no, if any, guilds have done and only having a chance to get it to drop is "easier"

Cough PVE topic Cough
    Once it's been done by a guild then given a few more weeks of perfecting it becomes pretty much farmed and the drop becomes an inevitability.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonak
    Once it's been done by a guild then given a few more weeks of perfecting it becomes pretty much farmed and the drop becomes an inevitability.
    Now that "good" items are back in PVP, I'm quite sure more people will drive to get it.

I also wouldn't use %'s like "0.6% of all Arena teams" because a lot of Arena teams out there are created for fun or just as a spur of the moment thing, not all of them are "Srs ownage or die trying," same goes for a lot of the guilds out there.

kriS411

yay, "AMG I CANT GET THE BEST ITEMS" QQ is back.

finally blizzard did something again so not every retard is running around with the best gear.

currently there is no class in the game what wouldn't be able to reach a 2350 rating, if you don't have the skills to play that high, you dont deserve it (the fact that some BGs have 2800+ rated teams makes 2350 feel like a joke).
    same goes for vezax hardmode - only very few guilds will kill him.

the best items always should be rare.

Quote Originally Posted by kriS411
    yay, "AMG I CANT GET THE BEST ITEMS" QQ is back.

finally blizzard did something again so not every retard is running around with the best gear.

currently there is no class in the game what wouldn't be able to reach a 2350 rating, if you don't have the skills to play that high, you dont deserve it (the fact that some BGs have 2800+ rated teams makes 2350 feel like a joke).
    same goes for vezax hardmode - only very few guilds will kill him.

the best items always should be rare.
    What he said.

15+ Year Old Account

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=46866
    ^^^ Strength talent ^^^
    well thats new.. i dont remember that from bc

I don't know why you bring up agility
    no idea either.. must be my BoH that piss me off.. -_-

well thats new.. i dont remember that from bc
    no idea either.. must be my BoH that piss me off.. -_-
    Yea, it's a new arms WOTLK talent, and if they are fury, then they get 20% more strenght in berserker stance when talented (also new, used to be ap).
    BoH does indeed have poor itemization stats on it. Blizz gave it stats to make it perfect for a hunter/druid even though druids can't use axes, however it was the highest melee dps weapon available before ulduar came out so of course that every ret pally/dps warrior/dk is gonna use it over a huntard.

15+ Year Old Account

Yea, it's a new arms WOTLK talent, and if they are fury, then they get 20% more strenght in berserker stance when talented (also new, used to be ap).
    BoH does indeed have poor itemization stats on it. Blizz gave it stats to make it perfect for a hunter/druid even though druids can't use axes, however it was the highest melee dps weapon available before ulduar came out so of course that every ret pally/dps warrior/dk is gonna use it over a huntard.
    like i said (somewhere..) perfect for a 2handed shaman.. RiP old one

This thread is stupid.

They are both hard to obtain.

End.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    have you even tried vezax?if casters cannot stand in the green clouds to regen, they get no mana back at all.

and you get an add with 8million hp to kill. pretty hard to kill when your ranged dps is low on mana, dont you think?

there's barely or no server with 10 guilds trying vezax hard mode on 25m. there might be 1 on my server as we speak, but nothing near 10.

hard mode vezax is HARD. 2350 is hard also, but less then vezax.
    same question: have YOU even tried vezax?
    dps casters never use the green clouds, not even in normal mode. why? because they don't dps unless they're in a shadowcrash where their mana usage is reduced by 75%.
    stop flaming people when you don't know the tactics yourself.
    hardmode puts most of the presure on the healers not the dps (most since more dps will make the fight shorter and thus easier for the healers)
    ...just another dream within a dream...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Skollvaldr
    hardmode puts most of the presure on the healers not the dps (most since more dps will make the fight shorter and thus easier for the healers)
    So more DPS = Less healing....
    Which means Less DPS = More Healing... or Less DPS = More Tank damage

So you basically contradicted yourself. Its a team effort on all parts, not just one aspect (where you can say, Loatheb is putting pressure on DPS)

like i said (somewhere..) perfect for a 2handed shaman.. RiP old one
    Those don't exist anymore :-X

Quote Originally Posted by Drezdun
    This thread is stupid.

They are both hard to obtain.

End.
    Which is why this game is headed in the right direction again. Best in slot gear was relatively easy to obtain when WOTLK first came out. I am glad that it is a lot harder to obtain now, especially the weapons because they usually make the biggest difference.

what about the furious 1850 2h weapon ? would any of you ret pallies use it over Rune edge ? considering its a 3.6 timer and 1005 top end damage and ~100+ AP gain (with the gems and base AP) VS 121 agility and 70 armor pen ?