Rogue/Rogue perhaps?

Kinda bored sittin here at work and was thinking of making a 2's R/R team when I get home today with a friend of mine...

How does this comp work out for those of you who run it? Also what specs should the rogues be? Double mutilate or is the hard burst of shadowdance coupled with mutilate sustained damage the better way to go?

Thanks gents ^_^

Re: Rogue/Rogue perhaps?

Double mutilate from what i've seen. There are actually a couple of rogue/rogue teams in the 2400+ range. The comp works pretty well... For the opener - as soon as you sap the target that you will be CCing you HAVE to open. You can sap the kill target just to hold him still but as soon as you sap the CC target that starts your kill timer. between sap+2x blind there is no reason you shouldn't be able to kill at least one of them. After that just vanish and its a 2v1. Pretty lame team but it works
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Rathok
    Double mutilate from what i've seen. There are actually a couple of rogue/rogue teams in the 2400+ range. The comp works pretty well... For the opener - as soon as you sap the target that you will be CCing you HAVE to open. You can sap the kill target just to hold him still but as soon as you sap the CC target that starts your kill timer. between sap+2x blind there is no reason you shouldn't be able to kill at least one of them. After that just vanish and its a 2v1. Pretty lame team but it works
    Pretty much. I mean easily the best arena spec is still the mutilate+prep spec, 1 rogue with that setup is a pain in the ass, 2 is down right frustrating, thankfully both rogues have to be pretty good at their class to pull this off, but if you fight a GOOD rogue/rogue team, it's almost depressing at how fast they'll drop you.

a good rogue/rogue is only beaten by prot pal/prot pal.

I havent seen prot pal /prot pal in arena yet

If y'all are both skilled and coordinated (coordination is key), you should be able to dominate.

Pick a kill target, pick a CC target. Sap CC. Work on kill target. Blind CC. If kill target is still up, blind again. Once kill target is dead, vanish. Now you get to dominate the other guy 2 on 1 - shouldn't be hard.

As long as you can get the 1st target down, you'll probably win. If you don't, you'll probably lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruberchoice
    who lomg untill its fixed?

15+ Year Old Account

Rogue / Rogue can be viable, but you won't get very high. Good Healer comps will beat out dps/dps any day.

There is a total of 23 Rogue/Rogue teams world wide that have done anything worth mention. Considering 11 million players and the thousands of teams on each battlegroup worldwide, its pretty clear how "Viable" the comp is.

http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/team/...ogue/rogue////

As a Rogue, if you want to go double DPS, get a good lock. Lock / Rogue is actually a pretty decent comp but your Lock needs a shit ton of resil.

http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/team/...lock/rogue////

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffer
    Rogue / Rogue can be viable, but you won't get very high. Good Healer comps will beat out dps/dps any day.

There is a total of 23 Rogue/Rogue teams world wide that have done anything worth mention. Considering 11 million players and the thousands of teams on each battlegroup worldwide, its pretty clear how "Viable" the comp is.

As a Rogue, if you want to go double DPS, get a good lock. Lock / Rogue is actually a pretty decent comp but your Lock needs a shit ton of resil.

yeah... with the change to fear+blind DR i would recommend a mage. That and there are more ways to break fear then there are polymorph (lichbourne, WOTF, zerkers rage for wars).
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Rathok
    yeah... with the change to fear+blind DR i would recommend a mage. That and there are more ways to break fear then there are polymorph (lichbourne, WOTF, zerkers rage for wars).
    Seduce has no DR with Blind nor Sap, so the CC didn't got a major blow. Rogue/Mage is overrated.. any ToL druid is going to basically shit on you and the mage atleast the mage :P

Rogue community: the thing that makes us OP is a combination of 130 energy and overkill, not mutilate damage.

Ghostretard: Nah, we'll cut the balls off mutilate, lawl

Rogue community:...................

Ghostretard: We're happy where rogues are in PvP

Ghostretard: Wait, NM we'll also nerf overkill now and give you absolutely no fucking compensation while deathtards and retnubs still do gross amounts of damage with better defensive capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius
    Seduce has no DR with Blind nor Sap, so the CC didn't got a major blow. Rogue/Mage is overrated.. any ToL druid is going to basically shit on you and the mage atleast the mage :P
    Isn't seduce on the same DR as fear? But it's not on the same DR as blind?

Can still pull out win as MR vs DPS/ToLdruid you have to be able to swap targets fast before he can get hots rolling.
    Rogue|Lock|Shaman|Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius
    TOL is very beatable as MR, yes, it is a tough match but the comp requires flawless play regardless so... not really any different.

Yes, seduce is an option but pets are killed/ccd pretty easily so, i wouldn't really rely on that. Any AOE CC from warriors/priests/locks/frost DKs and its screwed, can't use it on druids afaik, still breakable by wotf and lichbourne and shares DR with fear. Plus, the way MR can reset fights is pretty god damn handy and if pulled off is generally an easy win shortly after that. Generally when my partner and I have a clean setup we can gib 1 of them unless the other trinkets the sap/1st poly (unless there are bubble involved). Also, mages are a much harder target to kill imo. Granted, i am a mage but... I played the lock on a rogue/lock team S2-4 so i've definitely been there. I just prefer mage/rogue. IMO more tools, better burst. MR has trouble with druids that you dont have so thats a minus but that's why we play the game. To each their own.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Just pointing out.

In S5, my Rogue partner had all BiS gear. He was terrible at PvP, but we reached 2200. Mostly because no matter what he hit, it usually died before his evasion wore off. A lot of games, he didn't even sap, he'd just open on whatever looked squishiest and tunnel vision it until it died. Most healers couldn't keep up with his damage, even if I didn't CC them.

I'm thinking double Rogue in BiS gear could faceroll to Gladiator pretty easily.

Mut/Mut is a must, also make sure to Glyph Tricks of the Trade.

So....Tricks each other, Sap, then go all out on 1 target with 25% more damage :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedies
    Mut/Mut is a must, also make sure to Glyph Tricks of the Trade.

So....Tricks each other, Sap, then go all out on 1 target with 25% more damage :P
    I'm pretty sure they changed that glyph already.

Games that include cloth classes are usually an easy win. Games with other rogues are usually determined by which team gets the opener. The hardest matches are going to be against teams with Holy Pallys.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by gobtol
    I'm pretty sure they changed that glyph already.

Games that include cloth classes are usually an easy win. Games with other rogues are usually determined by which team gets the opener. The hardest matches are going to be against teams with Holy Pallys.

I'm currently using it and its still 25%.

As any "I'm gonna play with a friend" combo, this is 100% viable, and trust me, it is LOADS of fun being 2 ninjas dropping something in seconds...

Every spec can work, classic muti/prep, shadowstep if you're good at it, combat/prep or combat killing spree, anything works.

As every double dps rogue team, the whole fight is gonna be about reaction, execution over 10 or something seconds (unlike healer/dps where CD management and decisions are made over a much longer time lapse), and basically outplaying someone GCD after GCD.

Once you sorted out who opens how, what is each of you gonna do and stuff (aka who stuns, who coldblood ambush when, who blinds when X trinkets etc...), you're gonna enjoy dropping bad/average players in seconds. Most players need 2-3 seconds to even understand what's happening, and this is gonna cost them every match if you know what you're doing.

On the other hand, at high rating, people are gonna know how to counter you. Paladins with bubble and hand of protection are obvious very annoying things you are gonna have to deal with... but there's a whole lot more. Once you face people reacting in a fraction of second, they are gonna have ways to CC you, prevent you from getting enough pressure, get you out of stealth, kill one of you before you kill someone, kite you, live long enough to finish both of you after you used everything on their teammate, and so on...

Go try it, it's a cool setup to play :]

PS: TotT glyph is changed in next minor patch, it's on PTR atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffer

Rogue Mage better than Rogue Lock
    When We Ride Our Enemies..