Question about Resil

So recently my Shadow Priest has been updating his PVP gear like a madman and is sitting at around 878 Resil.

My question, is how much resil is "enough"?

I have the option of upgrading my legs with another +40 resil, but at the loss of a bunch of spell power.

I don't want to be so defended that I can't kill anyone.

Thanks for the help.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Re: Question about Resil

for priest (clothies in general too) the more the better. 900+ is good.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

And whut about us mail'ies? :P
    Submit your guide or tutorial and win prizes!
    Guides for everything Minecraft! HowToMakeAMinecraftServer.com - Click to see more!

Hi everyone sensory here,live movie with tips/tricks of rogue vs rouge players:sénsory/sycó
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qpDWgvCIco

IMHO resil need to be stacked 700/1400/2k (i.e. -10%, 15% 20%). Donno about priest.

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

Quote Originally Posted by IhatePvE
    IMHO resil need to be stacked 700/1400/2k (i.e. -10%, 15% 20%). Donno about priest.
    ... Well that was kind of redundant, just like this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascendant
    ... Well that was kind of redundant, just like this post.
    cant find my own poll about i... damn it was somewhere near.. ;( it was voted by over 100 pplz.

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

Wow and I was told 375 Resilience was too much....

first it would depend on your teamate, but no matter what dont bother going over 1100. Also if your playing in 5's you may want less then if it was 2's, somthing around 950 ish for 5's at max. Due to the difference in play style and cc/heals or lack their of.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Deleted

It depends a lot. If you have to gimp your other stats a lot to gain more resi, it's hardly ever worth it. More resilience comes with higher levels of gear, it's often very stupid to stack it midnlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by eizei
    It depends a lot. If you have to gimp your other stats a lot to gain more resi, it's hardly ever worth it. More resilience comes with higher levels of gear, it's often very stupid to stack it midnlessly.
    Allot of classses cant break 2.3k 2's raiting untill they break 900 resil becuase they need to to survive burst. I'd realy like to see any elemental shamens who even have mail armor break 2.1k without 900+ resil. They dont exist becuase i've looked for good elemental shamens on arena junkies.

I know shadow priest and almost every caster needs just as much res to ever get near the top, which i asume is what were talking about here. The best amount of resil if you plan to be the best.

@OP, maby you should just gem the epic resil gem for that little bit of res your missing. Just overide a crit gem and keep the spell power enchant on your pants.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".